Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NYT: Matt Gaetz Is Said to Be Investigated Over Possible Sexual Relationship With a Girl, 17. Wrap it up. Gaetz likely to avoid charges. Gaetz former ally sentenced to 11 years.

Cooked Crack

• Cooked Crack changed the title to NYT: Matt Gaetz Is Said to Be Investigated Over Possible Sexual Relationship With a Girl, 17. Wrap it up. Gaetz likely to avoid charges. Gaetz former ally sentenced to 11 years.

^^^

Joel Greenberg, the corrupt Florida tax official who tried to reduce his jail time by telling the FBI that Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-FL) paid for sex with a teenage girl, has been sentenced to 11 years in prison.

The hefty sentence comes close to the decade-plus prison time that federal prosecutors requested—and didn’t seem to give credence to his value as a government witness in a dozen other investigations into the fraud and corruption.

Sitting in a local jail, Greenberg has been meeting with local, state, and federal investigators for more than a year to rat out his friends. He helped expose Teresa McIntyre, a Small Business Administration employee who broke bad a month into her new job there and eventually admitted to handing out fraudulent COVID loans. He explained the inner workings of a GOP scheme to sway elections by creating non-existent “ghost” candidates, which helped convict Seminole County Republican Party chair Ben Paris. And his evidence gave feds the hammer they brought down on his friend, a former radio shock jock named “Big Joe” Ellicott, who admitted to a bribe and kickback scheme.

But none of these cases is as big as the one that has yet to be filed: underage sex trafficking charges against Rep. Matt Gaetz.

As The Daily Beast reported exclusively last year, Greenberg wrote a confession letter laying out how the congressman paid him to arrange for sex with multiple women—as well as a girl who was 17 at the time. And as the Beast also revealed, Greenberg’s private Venmo logs showed how the congressman did indeed pay him—and at one point mentioned the teen in a transaction memo. The FBI has that evidence, but the Department of Justice has yet to move on Gaetz. And while The Washington Post reported that the feds are dropping the sex crimes probe, eight sources told us the overall investigation continues.

The extent of Greenberg’s cooperation—and the potentially huge case against a sitting congressman—led his defense lawyer to rip the DOJ last week for going so hard on Greenberg and “fiddling away as Rome burns.” Even the federal judge jabbed at prosecutors yesterday in court, according to CNN, which quoted U.S. District Judge Gregory Presnell when he called it “concerning” that the Justice Department has “extensive investigations ongoing with no end in sight.”

https://www.thedailybeast.com/florida-rep-matt-gaetzs-associate-joel-greenberg-gets-11-year-prison-sentence

That's good that he's behind bars. 

I feel a little bad saying this because whenever someone like that is behind bars, it's a good thing.  But in comparison, I don't care about it unless Gaetz ends up there with him.  And unfortunately, this thing seems to be entering that area where it's dragging on long enough that if it keeps going at this rate, nothing will happen to him.

23 minutes ago, gbear said:

Didn't he lose reelection?  Maybe they are waiting for Jan when he is no longer a congressman to proceed, figuring they waited this long...It might make the press and partisan pushback little easier.

Nah, Gaetz won reelection.  Maybe you're thinking of Madison Cawthorne, who lost his reelection bid in North Carolina...

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

• 1 month later...

1. I'll believe it when it happens, the DOJ (right?) decided they didn't have enough for a case, was this overlooked or it can't be used?

2. Open relationship with men? Like he's in a relationship that is open and he bangs dudes or he was openly banging dudes? I didn't hear anything about him banging dudes before this...the GOP is a cesspool.

She is the COVID whistleblower in Florida who ran against Gaetz.  I think this is probably legit, but the child trafficking is worse anyway... so....

But I am confused by her sources and proof.

It also could be people inside of his campaign screwing with her intentionally to look like a clown.  

Nobody from the office of State Governor on up to POTUS goes to prison. I'm sure there are RARE exceptions here and there throughout history but as a general rule, you can do whatever you want if you hold high public office and any investigation of accusations will be funneled away from you OR the worst that will happen is removal, a fine, and maybe probation. You might even keep that lifetime salary.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chachie said:

Nobody from the office of State Governor on up to POTUS goes to prison. I'm sure there are RARE exceptions here and there throughout history but as a general rule, you can do whatever you want if you hold high public office and any investigation of accusations will be funneled away from you OR the worst that will happen is removal, a fine, and maybe probation. You might even keep that lifetime salary.

You mean in the new criminal era of Trump MAGA and on? Because there is a solid list of congress people going to prison in office pre Trump.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_American_federal_politicians_convicted_of_crimes

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

You mean in the new criminal era of Trump MAGA and on? Because there is a solid list of congress people going to prison in office pre Trump.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_American_federal_politicians_convicted_of_crimes

One of those Congresspeople was Carl C. Perkins who graduated from my high school after me in 1972. House banking scandal and campaign finance crimes. My brother knew him. His dad was the Congressperson before Carl. It was big news at the time among us grads.

Wait, are they saying the FBI is going to raid Gaetz's office because they have pictures of him making out with guys? Or is that incidental and the raid would be about the current investigation regarding sex trafficking and the underage girl? Or are they saying the photos are of Gaetz making out with underage boys? If it's the last one, obviously that makes sense. Otherwise, who gives a **** if he made out with guys?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Wait, are they saying the FBI is going to raid Gaetz's office because they have pictures of him making out with guys? Or is that incidental and the raid would be about the current investigation regarding sex trafficking and the underage girl? Or are they saying the photos are of Gaetz making out with underage boys? If it's the last one, obviously that makes sense. Otherwise, who gives a **** if he made out with guys?

It's unclear why but I think her follow up response might help.

Raiding him and even mentioning gay pics when they literally have receipts of his tryst with a minor would be the ultimate Democrat "trip on their dick when it's all right there for them"..   or the usual.. not sure which.

~Bang

Edited by Bang

Gaetz is going to be someone's **** in prison and it's going to be awesome.

Also, had no mention anywhere of Gaetz being gay and having relationships with men.  The one thing that you could raise an eyebrow at is this mention on his Wiki page:

In June 2020, following an argument with then-Representative Cedric Richmond, Gaetz said he had been living with a 19-year-old immigrant from Cuba, Nestor Galbán, since Galbán was 12, and considered Galbán his son. He later clarified that Galbán is the brother of an ex-girlfriend of Gaetz's and that Galbán spends time with his sister, with Gaetz's family, and with Gaetz.[288] The two are not related genetically or legally.[289][290][291] Gaetz said, "Our relationship as a family is defined by our love for each other, not by any paperwork."[288] In 2016, he called Galbán a "local student"; in 2017, he called Galbán "my helper".[291]

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bang said:

Raiding him and even mentioning gay pics when they literally have receipts of his tryst with a minor would be the ultimate Democrat "trip on their dick when it's all right there for them"..   or the usual.. not sure which.

~Bang

The Democrats cant raid or prosecute him fortunately (I say fortunately, cause politics would be a mess if they could) 

My point is that dems as a party can only sit and watch this like we can. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Gaetz is going to be someone's **** in prison and it's going to be awesome.

Also, had no mention anywhere of Gaetz being gay and having relationships with men.  The one thing that you could raise an eyebrow at is this mention on his Wiki page:

Yeah that sounds super duper sus, right there. Even if there was nothing sexual going on, a 12 year old boy living with an adult male who he has no relation to is creepy as hell and absolutely should raise questions.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Llevron said:

The Democrats cant raid or prosecute him fortunately (I say fortunately, cause politics would be a mess if they could) 

My point is that dems as a party can only sit and watch this like we can. 

I know.

This is yet ANOTHER of their screw ups!

~Dang!