Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NYT: Matt Gaetz Is Said to Be Investigated Over Possible Sexual Relationship With a Girl, 17. Wrap it up. Gaetz likely to avoid charges. Gaetz former ally sentenced to 11 years.

Cooked Crack

9 minutes ago, Florgon79 said:

Nothing will happen to Gaetz. Greenburg took the fall. Gaetz can claim he didn't know what Greenburg was doing. 

Except they have his phone records and communications from Greenburg, as well as Venmo records that say otherwise.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, LadySkinsFan said:

I have a neighbor originally from Vermont who gets so impatient with Congress and other law enforcement about the time it takes to put together an and investigation or to pass laws etc. I keep explaining that getting those numbers of people aligned pro or con on most everything takes a while is the norm. Yet a lot of people who think like me are wanting to make right the crap of Republicans starting from the Newt Gingrich days to the last presidency. And they are impatient like my neighbor. The attitude is "It needs to be fixed and fixed now." 

But it happens every night on TV in an hour!?!

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, China said:

Except they have his phone records and communications from Greenburg, as well as Venmo records that say otherwise.

Maybe I’m just jaded but these guys never seem to face the music. Some judge will give him a slap on the wrist and he will be in Congress the next 40 years. 

• Like 1

Just a reminder: the DOJ is investigating pretty much the entire Florida political operation...there appears to be a LOT of evidence of corruption down there involving a lot of individuals. Greenberg seems to be smackdab in the middle of it all as well, so he's playing a significant role in things in terms of what he's providing. Had his sentencing delayed for several months precisely because he still has a ****load of stuff to provide to the DOJ and what he provides might end up playing a role in his sentencing. This is not just Matt Gaetz, but he's getting caught up in the Florida investigation which I am enjoying thoroughly.

• Like 6

IMO just the fact alone that the DoJ gave Greenberg that deal means he's not the fall guy. The feds don't offer those kinds of deals unless there are other and bigger fish in the water.

Now we're hearing about thousands of texts, photos, etc that Greenberg has handed over.

That doesn't necessarily mean that Gaetz won't somehow weasel his way out of this, but it also means that there appears to be some seriously damaging **** about him in the hands of prosecutors now.

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 4

59 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

We said the same thing about Flynn and he got a slap on the wrist for a lesser charge since he was nice to investigators despite not actually turning over any bigger fish 

He also got a pardon from Trump.  If Gaetz goes down, he's not getting a pardon.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Not quite, the 15th. Sunday, of course on a Sunday!

Last I heard it was today and if it didn’t happen today, the MAGA crowd was going to violently take over….something, on the 15th.

Edited by TheGreatBuzz
Forgot to keep typing.

• 2 weeks later...