Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NYT: Matt Gaetz Is Said to Be Investigated Over Possible Sexual Relationship With a Girl, 17. Wrap it up. Gaetz likely to avoid charges. Gaetz former ally sentenced to 11 years.

Cooked Crack

12 hours ago, Chump Bailey said:

Nothing would be better for the nation than for Gaetz, Rudy and Trump to be indicted. I think some GOP members would relish it too as a way of purging Trumpism from their party. 

The GOP has no intention of purging Trumpism from their Party.  

I think a lot of the  would like to purge Trump.  And to pretend that "hey, it was all Trump.  He's the only guilty one here."  

And then get back to doing exactly the same things, just a little more competently.  

Just like they did after W.  

Edited by Larry
  • Like 4

Matt Gaetz says he will run for presidency in 2024 if Trump does not

GOP Congressman Matt Gaetz plans to run for the presidency in 2024 if Donald Trump decides not to run.

The congressman made the announcement on Wednesday in a text message to the New York Post.

“I support Donald Trump for president. I’ve directly encouraged him to run and he gives me every indication he will,” he wrote. “If Trump doesn’t run, I’m sure I could defeat whatever remains of Joe Biden by 2024.”

Mr Gaetz’s associate, Joel Greenberg, pleaded guilty last week to six federal charges, admitting he had knowingly solicited and paid for sex from a minor. Several legal commentators have said that Mr Greenberg taking a plea deal may be a problem for Mr Gaetz, who has close connection to Greenberg’s dealings.

Mr Gaetz has not been charged with any crimes and has denied any wrongdoing.

A source speaking to the New York Post claims Mr Gaetz wants to run for president as a way to help out fellow Florida Republican, Governor Ron DeSantis. Mr DeSantis is considered by some political analysts to be the Republicans’ frontrunner if Mr Trump decides not to pursue a rematch with Mr Biden.

The source told the New York Post that “[Mr DeSantis] might like someone else on the debate stage who can torch his opponents and lay down ground cover for him.”

Click on the link for the full article

• Haha 5

On 5/27/2021 at 7:15 PM, TryTheBeal! said:

Poor guy just can’t catch a break.

More on the shenanigans:

Yacht owner details failed St. Pete deal involving Rep. Gaetz, fiancée

The owner of the yacht almost sold to the fiancee of U.S. Congressman Matt Gaetz of Florida claims the craft’s name was changed without his “knowledge or approval,” and before the deal was closed.

The sale of the $155,000 sailboat to Ginger Luckey fell through in late April, with a Gaetz spokesperson claiming money “went missing” when the couple was allegedly was “targeted by malicious actors.”

“Rep. Gaetz and Ms. Luckey were recently the target of a financial crime,” the spokesperson told 8 On Your Side. “Which federal law enforcment is both aware of and actively pursuing.”

Gaetz’s camp would not say which agency is involved. An FBI spokesperson says that they could neither confirm nor deny the existence of an investigation.

According to the owner’s post, he found out “two days before closing without my knowledge or approval” that his memorable logo was removed and replaced by the name Thirsty.

He wrote the hailing port on the boat was also changed from St. Pete to Niceville, a city in Gaetz’s district. Gaetz went to Niceville High School.

The owner also said the prospective buyers had a “stay on my boat” and refueled it without his approval in the days before the scheduled closing.

About a week after the deal collapsed, Luckey posted a picture from a boat with St. Petersburg in the background.

The owner’s post said half of the downpayment money held in escrow is in dispute and the owner said he has hired an attorney.

Click on the link for the full article and video

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Feds investigating obstruction as part of Gaetz probe, sources say

Washington (CNN)The Justice Department is investigating potential obstruction of justice connected to the ongoing probe of Rep. Matt Gaetz and his alleged sexual relationship with a minor.

According to two people familiar with the matter, federal investigators' concerns over efforts to obstruct the probe date back to at least last fall, when the examination of the Florida Republican was not yet public knowledge.

One of the people said investigators have been told about Gaetz and an associate discussing a plan to talk with Gaetz's ex-girlfriend in October 2020 about the ongoing sex crimes investigation. Investigators have also been provided material about the alleged discussion, the person said.

Things looking worse and worse for Gaetz. I really hope he gets a boatload of indictments.

Also...this part of the article:

"Congressman Gaetz pursues justice, he doesn't obstruct it," Gaetz spokesman Harlan Hill said in a statement. "After two months, there is still not a single on-record accusation of misconduct, and now the 'story' is changing yet again."

AbandonedAggravatingBoilweevil-size_restricted.gif

On 6/2/2021 at 3:43 AM, PartyPosse said:

Any more scandals and he’ll be the Republican nominee in 24.

I dunno. He'll probably need another 15-20 sexual misconduct allegations before he can catch up to Trump.

Edited by mistertim

On 6/10/2021 at 12:22 PM, Cooked Crack said:

"What evidence do you guys have on me, really? Also, I'll remind you that you are under oath"

He needs to have all memberships in every committee. He's an active domestic terrorist.

Edited per heads up by Buzz. 

He needs to have all committee memberships stripped from him. He's an active domestic terrorist.

Edited by LadySkinsFan

Newsmax turned down embattled Republican Matt Gaetz for a job -spokesperson

Conservative media outlet Newsmax, a favorite of former President Donald Trump's, rejected embattled Republican U.S. Representative Matt Gaetz's request for a job, a spokesperson for the website said on Monday.

Gaetz contacted Newsmax early this year, a source at the outlet said. That was around the time that news broke Gaetz was the subject of a federal investigation into possible sex trafficking of a minor.

Investigators are seeking to determine whether Gaetz had sex with a 17-year-old, according to news reports and a law enforcement source who spoke with Reuters. He has not been charged with any crimes and has repeatedly denied wrongdoing.

Spokespeople for Gaetz, a vocal Trump supporter, had no immediate comment about any Newsmax job rejection.

"Newsmax has had no plans to hire Rep. Gaetz," said Brian Peterson, a spokesperson for the website.

----------------------

Florida Covid whistle-blower Rebekah Jones hopes to unseat scandal-scarred Rep. Matt Gaetz

The scientist who said she was fired by Gov. Ron DeSantis for refusing to censor Florida's Covid-19 numbers said Tuesday she’s hoping to unseat another high-profile Republican politician in the state — Rep. Matt Gaetz.

Rebekah Jones said the congressman, currently under investigation by the Justice Department for allegedly paying an underage girl for sex, is vulnerable.

“I hope I do better than a sex trafficker,” Jones told NBC News. “It’s absurd that he’s still in office. Someone like that should not go unchallenged.”

Jones, who currently lives in Maryland, made the announcement on a new Instagram account she set up after her Twitter account was suspended. She said she ran afoul of Twitter for repeatedly reposting a Miami Herald article highly critical of DeSantis.

“I had hoped that someone in the Republican Party would step up and primary him, and I’ve yet to see that happen,” Jones said in the video. “And so, if it takes me going home to Florida to run against Matt Gaetz, then I will do it. If it means getting one child sex trafficker out of office, you’re damn right I’ll do it.”

• Thanks 1