Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NYT: Matt Gaetz Is Said to Be Investigated Over Possible Sexual Relationship With a Girl, 17. Wrap it up. Gaetz likely to avoid charges. Gaetz former ally sentenced to 11 years.

Cooked Crack

3 hours ago, Busch1724 said:

He did and invoked Trump's, Green's, and Jordan's names. Quite the trio for sure.

Has he been reading kids books again?

demons-2_fcb6ecba-8097-4f29-87b2-271c493

Not exactly Dr. Seuss, but what else would you expect from Gaetz.

• Haha 4

‘Felt like a setup’: WhatsApp chat shows Gaetz ally scrambling to contain fallout

The feds were closing in. And Rep. Matt Gaetz’s friend, Joel Greenberg, was in a panic.

The Florida county tax collector was five days away from a federal indictment for sex trafficking involving a 17-year-old — the same one Gaetz is now being investigated over — so Greenberg reached out to mutual friends on Aug. 14 last year and tried to enlist them in his defense, according to a WhatsApp chat shared with federal investigators and obtained by POLITICO.

He fumed that the prosecutor should be fired. He suspected that a political consultant “was the rat here.” He fretted that investigators had combed through his Venmo cash app history, fearing it led them to the former teen at the center of the case.

Greenberg also said he was paying the legal fees for the woman, who is now 21 years old.

The WhatsApp messages shed light on key aspects of the scandal consuming the Florida Republican congressman and close ally of President Donald Trump — and on the state of mind of the man Gaetz once called his “wingman” as he sought to manage the fallout.

Greenberg went so far as to push Gaetz to use his influence with Trump for a pardon, according to two sources familiar with the discussions, including one who heard Greenberg say it repeatedly.

Asked about the request from Greenberg, Gaetz previously declined to confirm or deny that it occurred. But the congressman said he did not ask Trump to pardon Greenberg. Gaetz couldn’t be reached this weekend to discuss the WhatsApp messages that are the subject of this story.

Click on the link for the full article

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, clietas said:

Maybe it's a typo and Gaetz brought former miners on the trip. 😐

tenor.gif

The saddest part is that him having gay relationships with old miners would cause FAR more outrage and condemnation in their base than him having sex with underage girls.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, clietas said:

Maybe it's a typo and Gaetz brought former miners on the trip. 😐

tenor.gif

Only for their daughters (as the song goes...)

In a cavern, in a canyon
Excavating for a mine
Dwelt a miner forty-niner
And his daughter, Clementine

Yes I loved her, how I loved her
Though her age was not more than nine

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, mistertim said:

Right? I mean...that's literally everyone over the age of 18.

Actually, I assume what it means is "someone who was a minor at the time, but isn't any more."  

Still, terrible phrasing.