Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NYT: Matt Gaetz Is Said to Be Investigated Over Possible Sexual Relationship With a Girl, 17. Wrap it up. Gaetz likely to avoid charges. Gaetz former ally sentenced to 11 years.

Cooked Crack

Matt Gaetz is also reportedly under scrutiny over alleged Florida 'ghost' candidate skulduggery

The federal investigation of Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.), said to center on possible sex-trafficking violations and sex with a 17-year-old girl, has branched out to include a trip to the Bahamas with well-connected GOP allies and allegedly paid female companions plus whether Gaetz was involved in running a third-party "ghost" candidate in a state Senate race to help an associate, The New York Times reports.

Investigators are in the early states of their inquiry into whether Gaetz worked with prominent Florida lobbyist Chris Dorworth to put a sham third-party candidate in a state Senate race to help a Gaetz associate, Jason Brodeur, beat a Democratic rival for an open seat, the Times reports. Recruiting a "ghost" candidate to swing a race against an opponent is generally legal, but secretly paying them to do so is frowned upon, legally speaking. In Brodeur's case, a third candidate did run but barely campaigned, and fliers depicted her as a Democrat, like Brodeur's opponent.

Click on the link for the full article

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, visionary said:

<....more tweets..>

6 hours ago, mcsluggo said:

this guy?

faf.jpg

5 hours ago, KAOSkins said:

It's a real phenomenon, right wing douchebags morph into Beevis and Butthead then progress into Cotton Hill at some point. Mike Judge really has his finger on the heartbeat of middle 'Murica.

i actually honestly had no clue who Harlon Hill was when i read this post.     But when i googled him i found out it wasn't Cotton Hill... it was Gideon from Gravity Falls...

image.png.1e922c52bc959cf2b351aad29e680d1f.png

tumblr_mbuxijOEvS1rghkxeo1_250.gifv

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Burgold said:

It's still inuendo at this point, but Al Franken must look at a host of Republicans and think, "Why the hell did I need to resign?"

Because he's a member of a Party where things like dating underage girls hurts you as a candidate.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Larry said:

Because he's a member of a Party where things like dating underage girls hurts you as a candidate.  

Actually, all he did was pose for a juvenile pic where he pretended he was about to grope a woman. Franken's sin was a no-contact sin. 

• Thanks 2

55 minutes ago, Destino said:

Why are we seeing so many stories on this but no official word?  If they really have all this stuff shouldn’t something have been announced by now?

Not if I'm in charge.  

My rule, if I'm the FBI or some such, is "You'll find out what we know, when we file it, in writing, in court.  Until then, no comment."

• Like 4

The silence could actually be a sign of a serious investigation going on instead of a pure political stuntsmanship. You'd think the media would have unearthed something and it sounds like they've gotten tips, but the silence may mean that there is a real case being pursued. On the other hand, it could be a lot of political smoke, but just based on the Venmo stuff and the fact that Gaetz seems to be a scumball, I tend to think there's fire.

Edited by Burgold
  • Like 3

I must admit to feeling a bit conflicted about this Gaetz thing. On one side, Gaetz represents the worst traits in politics and I’d love to see him tossed, but it seems to me that Greenberg is the big villain. He’s the pump, sex trafficker, etc. Gaetz is just a John. Usually, you flip someone to get a bigger fish. Gaetz may be a bigger fish, but he’s a lesser criminal. 

if the allegations are true. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Burgold said:

I must admit to feeling a bit conflicted about this Gaetz thing. On one side, Gaetz represents the worst traits in politics and I’d love to see him tossed, but it seems to me that Greenberg is the big villain. He’s the pump, sex trafficker, etc. Gaetz is just a John. Usually, you flip someone to get a bigger fish. Gaetz may be a bigger fish, but he’s a lesser criminal. 

if the allegations are true. 

The allegations for Gaetz stem far beyond sex with a minor. There is some extremely serious **** connected with Greenberg, and Gaetz is at his side for too much of it. It's not concrete evidence that Gaetz is guilty of the same stuff, but it would be damn near impossible to act like he knew about none of it...and if he did at least know and did nothing, that's huge in and of itself.

Plus, if Gaetz really did show nude photos/etc of women he slept with while on the house floor, that is also huge. And I don't think that has anything to do with Greenberg.

Edited by Califan007
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

The allegations for Gaetz stem far beyond sex with a minor. There is some extremely serious **** connected with Greenberg, and Gaetz is at his side for too much of it. It's not concrete evidence that Gaetz is guilty of the same stuff, but it would be damn near impossible to act like he knew about none of it...and if he did at least know and did nothing, that's huge in and of itself.

Plus, if Gaetz really did show nude photos/etc of women he slept with while on the house floor, that is also huge. And I don't think that has anything to do with Greenberg.

So, if they were partners in this enterprise that would be one matter. I’m not really defending Gaetz. I think the allegations against him are serious and he deserves everything he gets (and probably worse than he will get), but In order of magnitude Greenberg feels like the bigger fish. 

18 minutes ago, Burgold said:

So, if they were partners in this enterprise that would be one matter. I’m not really defending Gaetz. I think the allegations against him are serious and he deserves everything he gets (and probably worse than he will get), but In order of magnitude Greenberg feels like the bigger fish. 

Gaetz is the bigger fish, Greenberg committed the bigger offenses. At least as far as we know at the moment. As a federal congressman on several congressional committees, Gaetz held more political power than a Seminole county tax collector.

For me, though, I don't see what difference it makes--both are "big" fishes even if one is bigger than the other, and both seem to have committed very serious offenses (Greenberg definitely did, Gaetz is more circumstantial from what we the public are aware of). And if they were not partners in a criminal enterprise, there is no "bigger fish" aspect to all of this, because that would mean Gaetz's actions and Greenberg's actions were not really connected other than their criminal endeavors occasionally overlapping...that would mean there was no organization between them to what they each did.

Really looking forward to the man who was in charge of the Congressional investigation into the investigation into the investigation into Hillary Clinton's emails, publicly whining that he's the victim of persecution because of his political Party.  

• Like 5