Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NYT: Matt Gaetz Is Said to Be Investigated Over Possible Sexual Relationship With a Girl, 17. Wrap it up. Gaetz likely to avoid charges. Gaetz former ally sentenced to 11 years.

Cooked Crack

7 hours ago, Destino said:

gross.  Im not sure if lobbyists should be included here because I’m not sure who is the predator and who the prey in that circumstance.  

Drawing a line is tricky. Especially generally. 

dont over half of affairs involve the work place?

at some point you’re reaching abstinence  only type thinking. It requires ignoring what sex is and how it happens to pretend you have a good idea. 

1 hour ago, tshile said:

lighten up a bit. Have some fun. Life is short. Quit being so god damned lame. 

Right.  The real problem here is that she disapproves of adult members of congress swapping naked pictures of the people they've used, for the purpose of bragging to each other.  

• Like 3

At face value, it surely SEEMS like predatory behavior by people in power. At the very least, we shouldn’t vote people into office who abuse their power to manipulate those in lower standing than him/her.

Also, I bet this guy is an alcoholic at minimum, harder drug abuser is a distinct possibility. Acts like every other coked out 38 year old that I’ve run into.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, tshile said:

I think chasing other adult women is different than chasing underage chicks and prostitution. 

The scoring game isn’t even an issue to me. I don’t like the idea of abusing a position of power, so staffers is an issue, but the general idea of playing a game with other guys about hookups is fine. People getting mad about it makes me laugh. 

when it’s chasing another adult woman, not involving power dynamics, my opinion is that ****s between you and your wife (and children if applicable) and the rest of us should stay out of it. 

Isn't the objectification of intimate partners a pretty disgusting behavior even without the power dynamics?  I'm not saying throw someone in jail for it, but it seems like plenty of basis to conclude that the person is at best immature and at worst a total jackass.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, bearrock said:

Isn't the objectification of intimate partners a pretty disgusting behavior even without the power dynamics?  I'm not saying throw someone in jail for it, but it seems like plenty of basis to conclude that the person is at best immature and at worst a total jackass.

I mean that’s a pretty broad way if looking at it. 

I think it’s possible to sit around with your boys and discuss your sexual encounters and have good fun with it, or to discuss where a chick rates on a scale, or whatever, and not allow that to govern how you actually treat or interact with women. And women are perfectly capable, and do, the same. 

Just because scum bags also do it as they prey on underage girls or women they have some sort of “power” over (which can take many forms), doesn’t mean the rest of us can’t have healthy relationships with and respect for women and not also brag or discuss attractiveness or whatnot. 

The way some of you talk it seems simply saying a chick is an 8 out of ten would send you off the rails. Seems hilariously misplaced to me. 

The part I found particularly reprehensible was the scoring points in a contest nonsense.  There's no way you can be involved in that and be anything but a douchebag.  It pretty much necessitates treating women as objects.  At least if you're trying to win said contest.

I'll add that behavior like that when you're on your teens or early twenties is still bad but if you subsequently grow up and recognize the error in your ways that's understandable to me (what?).

38 year old congressman exhibiting that behavior is unexcusable.  Big time.

Edited by KAOSkins
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, tshile said:

I mean that’s a pretty broad way if looking at it. 

I think it’s possible to sit around with your boys and discuss your sexual encounters and have good fun with it, or to discuss where a chick rates on a scale, or whatever, and not allow that to govern how you actually treat or interact with women. And women are perfectly capable, and do, the same. 

Just because scum bags also do it as they prey on underage girls or women they have some sort of “power” over (which can take many forms), doesn’t mean the rest of us can’t have healthy relationships with and respect for women and not also brag or discuss attractiveness or whatnot. 

The way some of you talk it seems simply saying a chick is an 8 out of ten would send you off the rails. Seems hilariously misplaced to me. 

I think there's a distinction between what Gaetz and his "boys" did and what you're talking about.  Like @KAOSkins pointed out, to be involved in an active contest where you score points for having sex with "job position A" or a virgin, I don't know how a person does that without having some really messed up views on sex.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, KAOSkins said:

The part I found particularly reprehensible was the scoring points in a contest nonsense.  There's no way you can be involved in that and be anything but a douchebag.  It pretty much necessitates treating women as objects.  At least if you're trying to win said contest.

I'll add that behavior like that when you're on your teens or early twenties is still bad but if you subsequently grow up and recognize the error in your ways that's understandable to me (what?).

38 year old congressman exhibiting that behavior is unexcusable.  Big time.

Now, observing, I am a longstanding member of an Internet message board where for years it's most successful topic was "The Daily Babe Thread".  

However, I'm pretty certain that not one of the people posting there had had sex with the woman who's picture they're passing around.  Nor were the photos nude.  (Unless I missed it.  I have all the luck.)  

36 minutes ago, Larry said:

Now, observing, I am a longstanding member of an Internet message board where for years it's most successful topic was "The Daily Babe Thread".  

However, I'm pretty certain that not one of the people posting there had had sex with the woman who's picture they're passing around.  Nor were the photos nude.  (Unless I missed it.  I have all the luck.)  

Nor were those photos an images private...they were meant to be showed and shared publicly (I'm assuming you're referring to the Babe Draft, though).

But to your point in a way...we are on a site for a team whose owner is under investigation for fostering a toxic, misogynistic workplace. Most of us want Dan gone because of it. Imagine if it came out that Larry Michael came up with a point system for the different women connected to the team that the guys at Redskins park could get into bed.

Edited by Califan007
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So now he's possibly involved in a conspiracy with an identity theft ring too?

Rep. Matt Gaetz, now facing a reported probe into a pay-for-sex scheme, came to investigators’ attention after an alleged off-hours visit to a Florida tax agency.

In late January 2020, U.S. Secret Service agents received information that Rep. Matt Gaetz had accompanied a Florida county tax official they were already investigating on an unusual nighttime visit to a government office—where the local official was allegedly making fake IDs, a source close to the investigation told The Daily Beast.

That tip to the feds came in a text message conversation that Seminole County Tax Collector Joel Greenberg had with an employee explaining why they were both in the office one weekend two years earlier, according to this person.

According to three people with direct knowledge of the incident: Greenberg visited the Lake Mary, Florida branch of his tax collection agency that weekend. Grainy surveillance footage captured Greenberg standing near a manager’s desk with another man. Greenberg forgot to set the alarm on the way out, which concerned the assistant branch manager when she walked into the office Monday morning. That employee was surprised to find that drivers' licenses—which are normally turned in when expired at the tax office for shredding—were scattered all over the desk instead of in the appropriate disposal basket. She reviewed the camera footage and alerted her boss, who in turn contacted Greenberg via text.

“Did you happen to visit the Lake Mary Office on the weekend?” the text message read.

The image obtained by The Daily Beast shows that Greenberg allegedly responded, “Yes I was showing congressman Gaetz what our operation looked like. Did I leave something on?”

embed-01_pscb3q

Click on the link for the full article

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Larry said:

It went away not too long after I joined up.  I only read that thread for the articles.

• Haha 1

What makes me want to see Gaetz and accomplishes get the tar beaten out of them is the fact that he represents himself as some great high-class person, not the low light garbage he is (assuming this is all true).

Tar beaten out of him and spit upon....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tshile said:

So did McCarthy say if someone was convicted he’d require they be removed? Is that the standard, convicted? Do we have to watch a whole trial?

The standard from the GOP is always “if it’s true” and then they move the goalposts when needed so that standard is never met. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, China said:

Ya know...I don't usually make fun of looks because in all honesty I'm not exactly pleasing on the eyes.  Indeed I'm about as pleasing on the eyes as a 2x4 is pleasing across the temples.  Having said that, how did this guy convince any woman to have sex with him? I mean...good lord.  I've seen more mental and emotional depth behind the stare of a bovine.

• Thanks 1