Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NYT: Matt Gaetz Is Said to Be Investigated Over Possible Sexual Relationship With a Girl, 17. Wrap it up. Gaetz likely to avoid charges. Gaetz former ally sentenced to 11 years.

Cooked Crack

13 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

According to Federal law, if someone takes a minor under age 18 across state lines and has sex, that's a felony no matter what the age of consent is in the originating state. 

Gaetz is ****ed.

True. What I was wondering is whether he'll try to use a "We never did anything sexual" defense. Hard to prove one way or the other unless the girl says they did. Even then it's he said she said. He's also the kind of scumbag who would either threaten her or bribe her to say they didn't.

47 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Matt Gaetz: "Providing for flights and hotel rooms for people that you're dating who are of legal age is not a crime"

Narrator: "17 is not of legal age"

Also, even if he didn't technically do anything sexual with her.........he's 38 goddamn years old and admitted to being in some sort of relationship with her. What in the actual **** is he even doing associating in any romantic way with a ****ing 17 year old? That's incredibly disturbing.

He probably imagines it normal, because he felt comfortable enough to take his 17 year old “friend” to dinner date with Tucker (who is 51) and his wife.  If one of my friends showed up to dinner with a 17 year old, I’d certainly have a problem with it, and my wife’s eyes would glow with rage.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

15 minutes ago, Destino said:

He probably imagines it normal, because he felt comfortable enough to take his 17 year old “friend” to dinner date with Tucker (who is 51) and his wife.  If one of my friends showed up to dinner with a 17 year old, I’d certainly have a problem with it, and my wife’s eyes would glow with rage.

I'm 43. If someone showed up to dinner with a 17 year old girl my immediate assumption would be that it was his daughter or maybe niece (then I'd wonder why he randomly decided to bring his daughter or niece out to dinner.)

If he said it was his date my eyes would probably go wide but I'd initially keep quiet because I wouldn't want to make a scene or make the girl feel embarrassed or bad.

Then I'd find an excuse to get him alone and ask him what in the **** he was thinking and why in the hell he would believe that taking a 17 year old girl on a date was even in on the same plane of existence as a good idea.

If it was a friend I'd start to rethink the friendship. If it was someone I only knew as an acquaintance I'd probably cut it off after that.

• Like 3

More and more I am convinced that it takes a certain psychopath to aspire to be in Congress and the country (states, districts) would be better off using a random lottery drawing to choose who represents us.  This guy has demonstrated he's nothing but a politician and raised money for politics his whole life.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

I mean is it really that much of a shock that a "rising star" in Trump's GOP announces out of nowhere a day or so ago that he might not run for re-election and instead go work for.......Newsmax?  Can't be a coincidence, he knew this was coming, and he was already mapping out an exit strategy.

That won't keep him out of jail.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I think he’s in a pretty red district. He would be re-elected if he ran 

Concur.  Right now, I'd bet the only impact this has on him is maybe pushing him to take a job in conservative media that he's already probably leaning towards.  He'd probably win an election in his district by more after this, assuming he doesn't actually go to prison, and I think prison is a long shot based on what we know at this point.  

Edited by PleaseBlitz
Not a legal opinion.

4 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

If the past 4 years has taught us anything, nothing will happen to Gaetz and he'll go on to make eleventy million dollars at Newsmax or Fox or ONN. 

Not enough, but it's a start:

McCarthy Says GOP Will Dump Gaetz from Committees if Allegations Are True: ‘We Would Remove Him’

House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) said Wednesday that House Republicans would support removing Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-FL) from his committee assignments if allegations related to a Department of Justice investigation are true.

“I haven’t heard from DOJ, I haven’t been able to talk to Matt Gaetz yet,” McCarthy said in prefacing his comments in an interview with Fox News’ Dana Perino. “I just read the story. Those are serious implications. If it comes out to be true, yes, we would remove him.”

However, he added, “Right now, he says it is not true, and we don’t have any information. Let’s get all the information.”

Perino also asked McCarthy whether he knew why Gaetz voted against 2017 legislation related to human trafficking, to which McCarthy replied, “No, I have no idea whatsoever why he would vote against that.” 

Click on the link for the full article

I would hope of the allegations are true he would be expelled from Congress and face jail time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, China said:

"If these allegations turn out to be true, I will write Senator Gaetz a strongly-worded email recommending he stop these shenanigans at his earliest convenience."

• Like 1