Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NYT: Matt Gaetz Is Said to Be Investigated Over Possible Sexual Relationship With a Girl, 17. Wrap it up. Gaetz likely to avoid charges. Gaetz former ally sentenced to 11 years.

Cooked Crack

42 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

Omg, how dumb do you have to be to out-do Jerry Springer on payments? Seriously, a paper check would be safer nowadays. 

For a while, on the show Frasier, the housekeeper Daphne was dating a sleazy divorce lawyer.  (Played by Saul Rubinek.)  

In one scene, the doorbell rings.  Frasier opens the door, and sleazy divorce lawyer is standing at the door, shouting into a cell phone:  

"Everybody knows you pay hookers in cash!"

• Haha 4

The questions and comments I'm about to make don't actually mean anything, just some things I want to get off my chest:

1. Does anyone else really want to see what this 17 year old girl looks like? I know they won't release her identity because of her age and the allegations at hand, but I must see. I want to see what a girl has to look like to cause you to throw EVERYTHING in your life away. Gaetz had it made from the day he was born and would probably have it made until the day he died...he might still have it made. This is the epitome of entitlement, no one who actually had to work to get to his position would be so careless with...everything.

2. I'm not defending Gaetz or any Republicans at all, but I think that one woman was asking for a bit much. Saying that everyone who saw him share photos or knew he was showing photos should resign is scorched Earth. The only reason I would agree with that is because it seems to only affect Republicans, I have no pity for them.

3. I was starting to get annoyed with the non stop coverage, but this story just keeps on giving! There is so much, coming out so fast, that I can't even keep up anymore. I've learned even more details from the time I left for work, to the time I got back home. I have a funny feeling that things are only going to get worse for Gaetz, so better for all of us.

4. I don't see how he can escape this without going to jail, I just don't. He's not a prominent politician, he may seem like it to us, but we're a minority of people who actually follow the news. I guarantee you most people who are hearing about this story are just now hearing about Gaetz, his "popularity" can't save him.

22 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

The questions and comments I'm about to make don't actually mean anything, just some things I want to get off my chest:

1. Does anyone else really want to see what this 17 year old girl looks like? I know they won't release her identity because of her age and the allegations at hand, but I must see. I want to see what a girl has to look like to cause you to throw EVERYTHING in your life away. Gaetz had it made from the day he was born and would probably have it made until the day he died...he might still have it made. This is the epitome of entitlement, no one who actually had to work to get to his position would be so careless with...everything.

2. I'm not defending Gaetz or any Republicans at all, but I think that one woman was asking for a bit much. Saying that everyone who saw him share photos or knew he was showing photos should resign is scorched Earth. The only reason I would agree with that is because it seems to only affect Republicans, I have no pity for them.

3. I was starting to get annoyed with the non stop coverage, but this story just keeps on giving! There is so much, coming out so fast, that I can't even keep up anymore. I've learned even more details from the time I left for work, to the time I got back home. I have a funny feeling that things are only going to get worse for Gaetz, so better for all of us.

4. I don't see how he can escape this without going to jail, I just don't. He's not a prominent politician, he may seem like it to us, but we're a minority of people who actually follow the news. I guarantee you most people who are hearing about this story are just now hearing about Gaetz, his "popularity" can't save him.

Doesn't matter what the 17 year old looks like. He didn't do it for her looks, he did it cause he's a sick piece of ****. It's all about power and ego. BTW, I also completely disagree with the idea that no one who actually had to work to get to his position would be so careless with everything. It happens a lot. Men will throw it all away for ****. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Hersh said:

Doesn't matter what the 17 year old looks like. He didn't do it for her looks, he did it cause he's a sick piece of ****. It's all about power and ego. BTW, I also completely disagree with the idea that no one who actually had to work to get to his position would be so careless with everything. It happens a lot. Men will throw it all away for ****. 

True, Cuomo comes to mind as well.

Gaetz basically doing at 38 the kinds of thing Kavanaugh was doing in high school/college...to put things in perspective.  In no way am I trying to absolve Kav, just making the point that we are talking a grown man approaching middle aged in this case as opposed to a late teen/early 20-something.

I think chasing other adult women is different than chasing underage chicks and prostitution. 

The scoring game isn’t even an issue to me. I don’t like the idea of abusing a position of power, so staffers is an issue, but the general idea of playing a game with other guys about hookups is fine. People getting mad about it makes me laugh. 

when it’s chasing another adult woman, not involving power dynamics, my opinion is that ****s between you and your wife (and children if applicable) and the rest of us should stay out of it. 

Edited by tshile
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1