Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NYT: Matt Gaetz Is Said to Be Investigated Over Possible Sexual Relationship With a Girl, 17. Wrap it up. Gaetz likely to avoid charges. Gaetz former ally sentenced to 11 years.

Cooked Crack

21 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Only 6 of 33 charges?...I know the prosecutor's office probably added some charges for the sole purpose of using them as a negotiating tactic, but holy stinkin' kumquats, that's a lot of charges to be overlooked...I'm gonna go ahead for now and assume you drop 27 charges as part of a plea deal because the info Greenberg is giving up is well worth it.

Couldn’t they charge him with the other, or parts of the other 27 if he doesn’t cooperate?

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Couldn’t they charge him with the other, or parts of the other 27 if he doesn’t cooperate?

Yes, non-cooperation and lying under oath are two ways to overturn a plea deal. All bets are off and he could be tried on all 33 counts.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

I would assume that usually the person has already given up some prime info before charges are dropped. Then again, it didn't say that the other charges were dropped, only that he didn't plead guilty to them. So, yeah, what you said could be the case here.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

I would assume that usually the person has already given up some prime info before charges are dropped. Then again, it didn't say that the other charges were dropped, only that he didn't plead guilty to them. So, yeah, what you said could be the case here.

Yeah I think if he doesn't cooperate with them fully, or they find out he's not been completely truthful with them, it's well within their authority to renege on the cooperation plea agreement and throw the book at him. And if he wasn't fully truthful with them that could be even more charges on top of the 33.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Califan007 said:

He's not pleading guilty to 6 unless there's a deal to not prosecute the others. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chump Bailey said:

Nothing would be better for the nation than for Gaetz, Rudy and Trump to be indicted. I think some GOP members would relish it too as a way of purging Trumpism from their party. 

^^^^ Let's not forget the "ladies", Marjorie Taylor Green and Rep. Boebert. I can't remember her first name. 

Edited by LadySkinsFan
  • Like 2