Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2022 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander
Message added by TK,

Just now, Redwards said:

Giants and Eagles will absolutely leapfrog this team.  Eagles have done it already, actually.  Give the Giants a year.   

And it’s not even about the draft in and of itself. This offseason has been tremendously underwhelming for this team. 

• Like 7

29 minutes ago, Conn said:

Neither of those guys are scary anymore. Certainly not worth going out of your way to build around stopping with a part-time 2-gapper to replace Payne (who plays 90% of snaps), drafted with a premium pick. 

Weirdly, this post made me like the pick a bit more.  First off, Payne played around 75%, so we have a decent number of snaps to fill.  Second, Mathis’ run stopping ought to help keep Payne fresher as a 1 gapping pass rusher.  Looks like he can fill in for Allen a bit too.  

Any chance this is partially about keeping our backers cleaner?

Just now, skinny21 said:

Weirdly, this post made me like the pick a bit more.  First off, Payne played around 75%, so we have a decent number of snaps to fill.  Second, Mathis’ run stopping ought to help keep Payne fresher as a 1 gapping pass rusher.  Looks like he can fill in for Allen a bit too.  

Any chance this is partially about keeping our backers cleaner?

What backers?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, rumplestilskin said:

Dudes got a torn pec. He aint playing anytime soon. Jeez

Spending a late 3rd on a 1st round talent who has to sit a year is a winning move.  It's essentially trading this year's 3rd for next year's 1st.  

Edited by bearrock
  • Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

At this point the FO needs to fill one of the huge holes.  WR was a start, but the reality is the teams biggest holes are at ILB, OL, and DB.  You have to pick up the best player at one of those positions this round.  Maaaybe a TE.  Any desire for a RB or another QB has to go until the 4th, and then you use the other 4th rounder to fill one of those other holes.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

The Eagles and Ravens are never bad because they’re so much better at drafting than most teams. It’s ****ing infuriating 

The Eagles are not better than we are...they played the easiest sched in the league last year and we get that sched this year.....lets see how it all plays out. Offseason champs rarely bring home the ham. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, bearrock said:

Spending a late 3rd on a 1st round talent who has to sit a year a winning move.  It's essentially trading this year's 3rd for next year's 1st.  

True. But a player with first round talent that slips this far always has a reason for the slide. Injury histry combined with refusal to address injuries by professionals.... pass.

13 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yeah me too.  Still some TEs left I like. 

The O lineman are starting to get scarce, wonder if that's where they go next?

Sean Rhyan, Dyan Parham, Darrian Kinnard, Salyer, Walker. 

There's still a number of lineman I like out there.  I think there's usually good OL available in the 4th.

• Like 1