Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2022 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander
Message added by TK,

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

You have no idea what Scott Turner can do, because he's had Haskins (RIP), a one legged Alex Smith and a noodle armed Taylor Heinicke trying to run a pro-style offense.  

He's done about as well as anybody this side of Bill Walsh with that cast of misfits at QB.  They were actually somewhat middle of the road offensively last year with a backup QB, and missing Samuel and Thomas all year, and down to their 4th center.

Fair point,  he’s been meh for me so far so we’ll see if that changes with wentz at the helm

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Doubt it, wouldn't see why Terry would care, if he wanted to leave just refuse to sign any offer ala Scherff and hit FA.   Supposedly Terry wants to stay, I think they work things out.

I think it was a little early for Dotson but I get it.  He's a good player.  You may recall just a few weeks or so ago I said are you and I the only Dotson guys on this thread?  I was rewatching him and got resold on him (after being a big fan during the college season and then losing interest in the off season for a spell) but then a bunch of others pushed him too.

If they reshow the Hey Rookie episiodes on ESPN its a must watch IMO now, it showcases Dotson in a good way.   He hits me as a good dude from a nice family.

Keim kept saying they like Dotson for weeks.  I think he was the last of the Mohicans I am guessing on the board of their top tier fav WRs. 

Great post, SIP.  Agree with all your saying.  He's supposed to be supersmart and when I watched film he goes down and takes angles that prevent him from getting injured, at least it seemed that way when I watched videos on him.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CTskin said:

No. We need quality players… I’d take a stud over a few lottery tickets all day. This FO screwed the pooch and forced a WR who had no right going this early.

I really want to be wrong, but I won’t be.

Can you definitely say that all the players chosen before Dotson will be better players? For all we know the 2 picks we got from the Saints could be better players than half the players chosen in the 1st round. 

• Thanks 1

You can always tell who only follows the TV shows and who watches these prospects based on the comments.

People don’t understand how similar Dotson/Olave are.

The biggest weakness Dotson have that Olave excels at is getting off the press. But while he works on his hands for that, we can utilize short motions and off the line alignments. And watching film Dotson’s feet look alright from what I see. Needs to use his hands better. 

Otherwise Dotson and Olave have the same strength: route running and finding holes in zones.

Olave doesn’t break tackles. Literally doesn’t break them. He has like 2 in his entire college career. 

Dotson is MUCH better at that. He is a scrappy player who runs through arm tackles.

Dotson 4.43. Olave 4.39.

Thats it. Very similar prospects.

I think Dotson’s physicality makes him the better player.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Hey everyone…

Want to point out… @Going Commando @Skinsinparadiseand I are all on the same page here. That doesn’t happen for our draft picks. 

So either this is the worst pick of all time or Dotson is pretty good. :)

I'm definitely on the same page as you.  I preferred Devin Lloyd and I am terrified that he'll end up on the Cowboys, but I'm good with Dotson.

I wanted Metchie at 47.  But if we're locked in to picking a WR in the first, Dotson was fine.  I was a Burks fan too, but Dotson makes sense for us.  IMO we just got the second coming of Emmanuel Sanders and he is going to be legit here.

Holy **** Quay Walker as LB1???  I never in a million years saw that coming.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

Can't shake the feeling that a big motivator for picking Dotson was to use as leverage against Terry in contract negotiations this summer.

How?  "If you dont accept our deal you get paid $25 million per year and have to play for a better organization, hah!

• Haha 5

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Doubt it, wouldn't see why Terry would care, if he wanted to leave just refuse to sign any offer ala Scherff and hit FA.   Supposedly Terry wants to stay, I think they work things out.

Yeah, that take makes no sense.  At all.  Zero.  Negative 10.

Edited by 86 Snyder

5 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Meanwhile the Eagles basically parlayed Carson Wentz into AJ Brown. Oh and they still have two #1 picks next year. 

Wish we had a FO that could play the game like that. Our guys don't have a clue. They play 3d chess in Philly. Our guys play tic tac toe and lose.

Philly is in QB hell just like 25 other teams in this league. What have they won since losing Wentz?

6 minutes ago, GhostofSparta said:

I live near Pittsburgh. It's the only reason I care.

Ok, but if you are a Washington fan, I guess I just don't get why you are mad they got the QB they wanted without having to trade up.  Why hate the Steelers?  They aren't rivals, not even in the same conference.