Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2022 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander
Message added by TK,

30 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Dotson is WR4 for me. 

You've done a 180 on Dotson in recent weeks, I recall pushing him some, and you pushed back before that.  But I've actually had an unusual journey with Dotson, too.  He was my guy for parts of the college season as it was going on.  Then in the beginnng of the off season I was not that enthused.  But in the last month or so I dived in deeper and became a fan again.

Edited by Skinsinparadise

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

You've done a 180 on Dotson in recent weeks, I recall pushing him some, and you pushed back before that.  But I've actually had an unusual journey with Dotson, too.  He was my guy for parts of the college season as it was going on.  Then in the beginnng of the off season I was not that enthused.  But in the last month or so I dived in deeper and became a fan again.

Yup. I think the first time I watched him I was just film tired. I didn't watch him close enough.

He's smooth and he breaks tackles and he possesses a very similar skill set to Olave, but he gets the extra yards after contact.

Biggest concern with him is that he fights for yards so hard I wonder if he's going to be a guy that is always dinged up. But I love that style and mentality. 

7 minutes ago, Die Hard said:

You guys thinking Wash going to get a crack at Walker or Hall in the 2nd round are going to be disappointed.

I dont know man. Position value and all of that stuff. RB's just arent valued anymore in the modern NFL. At least RB's that arent pass catchers. And Walker hasnt really shown he is one. I agree about Hall. He will be a goner early 2nd most likely. 

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

Yup. I think the first time I watched him I was just film tired. I didn't watch him close enough.

He's smooth and he breaks tackles and he possesses a very similar skill set to Olave, but he gets the extra yards after contact.

Biggest concern with him is that he fights for yards so hard I wonder if he's going to be a guy that is always dinged up. But I love that style and mentality. 

I am a PSU fan and have watched every single snap Dotson has ever taken. I love the guy. But he is going to struggle against the press early in his career in the NFL. Which is fine. You can use him in motion to negate that early on. 

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

It's Sam's alternate personality.  lol, yeah Ken Howell is an old baseball player, I used to collect baseball cards, I had a brain fart and had him in my head apparently while typing. 

Does Sam also turn into a super hero powered by the Moon and the Egyptian God Khonshu?

• Haha 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Just now, clskinsfan said:

I am a PSU fan and have watched every single snap Dotson has ever taken. I love the guy. But he is going to struggle against the press early in his career in the NFL. Which is fine. You can use him in motion to negate that early on. 

Looks like it's mostly his hands that give that weakness. (Coincidentally this is also where Olave has a significant strength over Dotson, getting off the press). Dotson tries to beat the press by using his feet and doesn't use his hands to displace and stack. I think that is a very teachable skill. Will he be better than Olave at it? Don't think so. Between those two I can see an argument either way and I wouldn't be "mad" at either. Though I don't prefer them. 

• Like 1

I'm not trying to make it sound as though I dislike Olave or anything; I think he's a very solid prospect and a good receiver. But I just think he's a reach with a borderline top 10 pick because of that lack of (IMO) elite upside. I'd be more comfortable with him closer to 20 value-wise. If we picked him at 11 I wouldn't necessarily freak out but I'd be disappointed, especially if guys who (again, IMO) have elite upside like London, Wilson, Lloyd or Hamilton were still on the board.

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I dont know man. Position value and all of that stuff. RB's just arent valued anymore in the modern NFL. At least RB's that arent pass catchers. And Walker hasnt really shown he is one. I agree about Hall. He will be a goner early 2nd most likely. 

I like that guy from UTSA. Someone posted it last night. He looks for hidden gems and this guy looks like a jewel. Then theirs the phsycho from Florida…lol

• Like 1

I'm getting more and more concerned we are going Olave at #11. Just from reading and listening, most people seem to have Williams, Wilson and London the top three WRs but now we are hearing all these stories that Washington rate Olave as their number 1. It would be SO Washington to go against the flow just because he's Terry's best mate. I've read every post on this thread (thanks to the massive hard work you've all put in as usual) and I can't think of a player more that would make me throw the remote than Olave at #11.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

GREAT MOVIE!! I watched it last night to get me pumped up for today and I’m actually lying because that movie sucked ass.

So everything up to the actual draft was actually not bad in that movie. 

But the actual draft itself was absurd. Those trades...LMAO.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, UK Skins said:

I'm getting more and more concerned we are going Olave at #11. Just from reading and listening, most people seem to have Williams, Wilson and London the top three WRs but now we are hearing all these stories that Washington rate Olave as their number 1. It would be SO Washington to go against the flow just because he's Terry's best mate. I've read every post on this thread (thanks to the massive hard work you've all put in as usual) and I can't think of a player more that would make me throw the remote than Olave at #11.

Olave is a real good player and will be a consistently good WR for the next decade. All of the metrics suggest he won't be anything worse than a good WR and people are underselling his ceiling. I could see him being Justin Jefferson. 

Is he a reach at 11? Little bit, but not some absurd amount. Most people have him pegged around the teens. If you really like a guy and there are on viable trade down offers, you don't risk it, take the guy and be happy. In a few years we'll know that most of these guys don't pan out anyway.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I hate position value thinking. A good coach schemes for the players talents on the roster.

It can be advantageous to zig when everyone else is zagging. Sure, it can blow up in your face too. 

I’m not a draftnik. I don’t formulate my own opinions. I just read a lot on topics from others. 
And I look for patterns.

Walker and Hall are consensus top 2 backs in this draft. And there’s no way the top 2 rbs are going to last to the middle of the 2nd round. 

Unless we see a pic of one of them smoking ganga or an unknown medical problem gets revealed.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

On 4/27/2022 at 9:44 AM, Mrshadow008 said:

Thats sort of my thought process as well. one of the notes on the nfl websites breakdown is London would likely thrive in an offense with a diverse WR corps. Thats one thing I think we do have. Our biggest struggle on O is 3rd down and RZ. Look at the GB game for example. We thoroughly out played GB. We beat GB in every statistical category. How many times did we get in red zone in that game and couldnt score? I said up thread I could see scenario where London doesnt have a ton of yards early but has a good number of TD catches and 1D catches.

Exactly. Why keep stuffing the offense with variants of the same player, small fast guys. We've been doing that forever. So what if Westbrook, Gardner, Doctson, and whoever else were busts. We need bigger WRs to have a diverse WR set. London is on par with Olave and Wilson and Williams with the injury so why not add him? I could also see a trade down but I'm not in love with the prospects who test well and have size. We have seen that with some of our lower draft picks who never did anything.

Sims is a good guy who needs more of a shot but right now our only big guys are Sims, maybe AGG and maybe Harmon and dude from last year who played with ?Wilson?. Thats 4 guys who were all drafted late or UDFAs. Sure I think they can play but they haven't shown much so far - SIms included. So lets keep adding to that arsenol. So what if he's almost a TE or slow, he can catch and get YAC. Those are my main two things. I don't want another practice guy who never performs in game time (who was Gruden's son).  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Sure. But you better not make a bad deal just to get more picks within that range. Giving up a 1st round pick to get 2 2nd round guys and 2 3rd round guys makes my head hurt.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Die Hard said:

I hate position value thinking. A good coach schemes for the players talents on the roster.

It can be advantageous to zig when everyone else is zagging. Sure, it can blow up in your face too. 

I’m not a draftnik. I don’t formulate my own opinions. I just read a lot on topics from others. 
And I look for patterns.

Walker and Hall are consensus top 2 backs in this draft. And there’s no way the top 2 rbs are going to last to the middle of the 2nd round. 

Unless we see a pic of one of them smoking ganga or an unknown medical problem gets revealed.

Put out the deep fake Tunsil gas mask STAT.

• Thumb up 1

7 minutes ago, UK Skins said:

Where are you seeing that they have Olave 1 on their WR board? Everything ive seen and heard for weeks is that London is #1 on their board at WR with Olave #2 because of Williams health. Now im seeing they might would take Olave at 11 because theres a lot of smoke about London going 8 to Atlanta but not because hes the number 1 wr on their board.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Thinking Skins said:

Exactly. Why keep stuffing the offense with variants of the same player, small fast guys. We've been doing that forever. So what if Westbrook, Gardner, Doctson, and whoever else were busts. We need bigger WRs to have a diverse WR set. London is on par with Olave and Wilson and Williams with the injury so why not add him? I could also see a trade down but I'm not in love with the prospects who test well and have size. We have seen that with some of our lower draft picks who never did anything.

Sims is a good guy who needs more of a shot but right now our only big guys are Sims, maybe AGG and maybe Harmon and dude from last year who played with ?Wilson?. Thats 4 guys who were all drafted late or UDFAs. Sure I think they can play but they haven't shown much so far - SIms included. So lets keep adding to that arsenol. So what if he's almost a TE or slow, he can catch and get YAC. Those are my main two things. I don't want another practice guy who never performs in game time (who was Gruden's son).  

Speed is the name of the game now. It also acts as a force multiplier of sorts. The more you add, the more impactful each speed guy becomes.

Imagine drafting Olave and trotting a lineup of him, McLaurin, and Samuel at WR. Could throw Gibson in at RB/WR hybrid as well. That's FOUR guys with 4.3 ish speed. Could even put Brown out there who is also a burner. With a QB in Wentz who is still one of the best deep ball passers in the league. 

Who needs possession underneath guys when you can rack up 20+ yard completions with all that speed? Besides, we have underneath guys in Thomas/Bates, Sims, and possibly McKissic as well. 

3 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Sure. But you better not make a bad deal just to get more picks within that range. Giving up a 1st round pick to get 2 2nd round guys and 2 3rd round guys makes my head hurt.

Agreed. I want to trade down too but not just for the sake of trading down. We need good value. Otherwise I'd rather just stay at 11 where I know I can get a real impact player.

• Thanks 2