Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2022 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander
Message added by TK,

Mayhew seemed to indicate lots of value in the 2nd and 3rd rounds, this tells me we have deals on the table presented to us where we move out of #11 and pick up a 2nd or 3rd in addition to a later 1st round pick. The Skins drafted Sweat, Payne and Allen all in the mid or late 1st round and may feel like they can do that again if it nets them a 2nd or 3rd round pick. Not saying I totally endorse this move but I think this is a strong possibility. I'd like them to identify the guy who is most likely to make the biggest impact on the offense or defense and then draft him at #11. If that guy is Hamilton then get him. 

9 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

Just thinking here out of the box if one of the DE dropped any chance we draft them look to move Sweat?

I think we are going to take an edge in this draft at some point regardless. If one of the top 3 falls than hell yeah take him. Top edge guys under rookie contracts are invaluable. 

• Like 1

Judging by rumors today, TV, radio

A.  Eagles really really really want Jameson Williams and are willing to trade up to make that happen

B.  Jets owner pushing his FO to take Drake London

C.  No QBs going top 10.

D.  Big run on edge and WR. 

A new one, forgetting who said this is that Dallas really digs Drake London. 

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

A.  Eagles really really really want Jameson Williams and are willing to trade up to make that happen

C.  No QBs going top 10.

C is our best hope.  Hoping that Steelers, Saints get into a bidding war for their choice of QBs and we get a nice little haul for the #11, IF London is gone at #11.  I'd pick B but Howie would make RR and Co. look so bad in a trade back it wouldn't be funny plus I don't think we do business with a Division rival.  Just a guess on my part and a hope too.  

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

C.  No QBs going top 10.

The Eagles with D Smith and Jameson Williams plus Dallas with London.....eck

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

C.  No QBs going top 10.

I hate all of this besides C. Erase this post.

Nothing will make me want to throw up more than if Dallas gets their hands on London. Nightmare fuel. 

• Like 1

I still think, my gut of all guts, is the way this FO has been talking they want picks. Part of me selfishly wants a trade-down only to extnd my interest in the draftnight. Of course I will care to see who else goes, but if we pick at #11 and take London or Olave, it just kind of ... feels inevitable.

Trading down with Green Bay and getting #22, #53 and #59 on the other hand ... well then you're talking. Anything to make Day 2 a little more interesting.

1 minute ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

I still think, my gut of all guts, is the way this FO has been talking they want picks. Part of me selfishly wants a trade-down only to extnd my interest in the draftnight. Of course I will care to see who else goes, but if we pick at #11 and take London or Olave, it just kind of ... feels inevitable.

Trading down with Green Bay and getting #22, #53 and #59 on the other hand ... well then you're talking. Anything to make Day 2 a little more interesting.

I hear ya. Nothing bores me more than taking a good player at 11.

The exciting thing is trading back and taking far lesser players so that I am more entertained during the draft.

• Haha 6

So then here begs the question. If pick #11 comes around and all but Drake London is available (let's assume he goes to the Jets at 10) ... do you take #15 and #51 from Philly knowing they're likely coming up for Jameson Williams? It would be a slight overpay on their part to come up to #11, there's still a very good chance we would get Olave at #15, and we'd add a high-value pick at #51. 

Of course we'd be handing the Eagles an absolutely monster duo of Smith and Williams, and they'd be well positioned to go all-in on Bryce Young in 2023 with their dual 1sts. 

Just now, KDawg said:

I hear ya. Nothing bores me more than taking a good player at 11.

The exciting thing is trading back and taking far lesser players so that I am more entertained during the draft.

KDawg come up with a new act. You've chastised my desire to add picks every year at this stage. Maybe I should get a new act.

BUT, this year we lack picks. And our FO has indicated a desire to get more of them. Yes, I would hate to have a repeat of the Malcolm Kelly - Devin Thomas - Fred Davis fiasco, but this is a deep draft at WR and LB and Safety, and I think our FO feels we can still ad several impact players via trade down.

I for one think Olave is a beast, but I think he's the 4th WR off the board, so depending on how far back we go we should still be able to get him.

Just now, JamesMadisonSkins said:

KDawg come up with a new act. You've chastised my desire to add picks every year at this stage. Maybe I should get a new act.

BUT, this year we lack picks. And our FO has indicated a desire to get more of them. Yes, I would hate to have a repeat of the Malcolm Kelly - Devin Thomas - Fred Davis fiasco, but this is a deep draft at WR and LB and Safety, and I think our FO feels we can still ad several impact players via trade down.

I for one think Olave is a beast, but I think he's the 4th WR off the board, so depending on how far back we go we should still be able to get him.

It's NOT your desire to add picks. It's the ridiculous nature in which you want to do it.

For your entertainment? C'mon. You're TOO DAMN SMART to say things like that. You are a damn good evaluator. I don't agree all the time, but you're one of the ones who I enjoy reading takes from here.

But people wanting good players to be taken before us so that we can acquire more B-/C talent or for entertainment or for whatever is so peculiar to me. 

• Haha 1
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, KDawg said:

6 targets a game with a 66% catch rate is 4 catches. If you average 8 yards a reception that's 32 yards a game. If you compute that over a full season its 68 receptions 544 yards.

And you are more likely to get more production from one of those guys than less. So that is likely the floor of season 1. Floor. 

image.png.395db1008af7c9921abed745b82175e1.png

Last season stats.

I rest my case, your honor. 

So looks like nobody other than Terry got anywhere near six targets a game. But if you extrapolate their stats to 6 per game... Humphries = 630 yds; Carter = 686 yds. Those were scrap heep guys, and with poor quarterback play. With the QB upgrade, I can’t imagine a guy like Samuel or Dayami B would not far exceed those numbers, given six targets per game. I would be surprised if any Rookie did much better. And that’s if healthy—the receivers we are looking at already have injury histories it seems.

Just now, woodpecker said:

So looks like nobody other than Terry got anywhere near six targets a game. But if you extrapolate their stats to 6 per game... Humphries = 630 yds; Carter = 686 yds. Those were scrap heep guys, and with poor quarterback play. With the QB upgrade, I can’t imagine a guy like Samuel or Dayami B would not far exceed those numbers, given six targets per game. I would be surprised if any Rookie did much better. And that’s if healthy—the receivers we are looking at already have injury histories it seems.

The reason they didn't get that many targets is because they aren't that good. 

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

Hopefully the Jets throw a WR in that deal so SF wouldn't take one.  

I actually think SF's preference is for the top DB available.  If Sauce/Stingley are there (looks unlikely), they take them.  If not, I could see them taking Hamilton.  Also, maybe Jordan Davis is a pick there.

8 minutes ago, RWJ said:

C is our best hope.  Hoping that Steelers, Saints get into a bidding war for their choice of QBs and we get a nice little haul for the #11, IF London is gone at #11.  I'd pick B but Howie would make RR and Co. look so bad in a trade back it wouldn't be funny plus I don't think we do business with a Division rival.  Just a guess on my part and a hope too.  

We have done business with Dallas on draft day before. I wouldnt mind taking 24/62 and a future 2 or 3 from them to move down. Gonna have plenty of talent left at 24 IMO. Elam, Burkes, Hill, Watson and Dotson could all be there. 

• Like 1