Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2022 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander
Message added by TK,

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

It's NOT your desire to add picks. It's the ridiculous nature in which you want to do it.

For your entertainment? C'mon. You're TOO DAMN SMART to say things like that. You are a damn good evaluator. I don't agree all the time, but you're one of the ones who I enjoy reading takes from here.

But people wanting good players to be taken before us so that we can acquire more B-/C talent or for entertainment or for whatever is so peculiar to me. 

I'm just messing with you, and some of it is tongue-in-cheek talk from my end. I really just want another 3rd round pick, or a pair of 2's. I just love the drafts so much more with those extra options, but I want Olave. I guess worst case scenario is we trade way back, there's a run on WRs, and we pick around #22 and grab Dean or Lloyd. I wouldn't hate that, presuming we get Watson or Metchie in the 2nd. I still think Metchie is severely underrated, and I would not be angry about landing him in Round 2 if we trade back. 

I know you think Lloyd could go higher, but in a scenario where we trade back with Green Bay, I could see him, and definitely Dean, sitting there for us at #22. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

Stingley going #3 would be a huge curveball.   

Seems to be somewhat expected though.  The Texans and Stingley might be the most commonly mentioned hook up over the last two weeks or so. 

Having said that my prediction is the draft will be more wildly unpredictable than the standard draft -- that seems what most are expecting which is it to be wilder than usual.

On a different note, as for the mention of Olave on ESPN

It's not my first watch of Olave in an interview.  He actually sounds a lot like Jordan Reed, sort of understated and quiet. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

what teams did you talk to the most?  first team he named was the Commanders then Philly

Yup I noticed that. If were a betting man hes the pick at 11. If London is there it will be London but I dont think hes there.

Edited by Mrshadow008

10 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

I still think, my gut of all guts, is the way this FO has been talking they want picks. Part of me selfishly wants a trade-down only to extnd my interest in the draftnight. Of course I will care to see who else goes, but if we pick at #11 and take London or Olave, it just kind of ... feels inevitable.

Trading down with Green Bay and getting #22, #53 and #59 on the other hand ... well then you're talking. Anything to make Day 2 a little more interesting.

My gut is Rons real top guy is Lloyd but will draft Wilson/London/Olave....I am hoping Williams is at least ahead of Olave but might be too risky for them

Just now, DWinzit said:

My gut is Rons real top guy is Lloyd but will draft Wilson/London/Olave....I am hoping Williams is at least ahead of Olave but might be too risky for them

I think Williams would be if not for injury but lets be real here Williams doesnt even come close to 11 if healthy

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

That really Helps us as far as London is concerned atleast

• Like 1

Stingley at #3 makes sense. It would actually be REALLY nice for us if the Texans took an OL or DE there at #3 and Stingley fell to us at #11. I would absolutely see Houston swapping 13 and 11 to secure Stingley knowing Minnesota could take him. Best case for us, but I wouldn't be shocked if they just took him at 3.

1 minute ago, Mrshadow008 said:

I think Williams would be if not for injury but lets be real here Williams doesnt even come close to 11 if healthy

Of course he would be earlier than 11 and very could be even with the injury. I just don't think Washington will take that risk at 11

• Like 2

Here's how I think the WR part plays out. I think Garrett Wilson goes to Atlanta at #8, then I think the Jets take Drake London at #10. With #11 we'd have Jameson and Olave there for the taking, and I really think that's a scenario in which we might opt to trade down. If Stingley is there too, then that's the best scenario. Houston gives us #13 and #68 for #11, takes Stingley at #11. Then Minnesota can take whoever they want or trade out to a WR-needy team and we still have either Olave or Jameson at #13. 

Now, wildcard is if this FO really just wants to add picks. In that case I could see Kansas City getting aggressive to come up for Jameson at #11. But we'd have to be okay with moving way back and missing the top-tier WRs unless we're able to deal back in ahead of Green Bay or New Orleans to snag Olave.

17 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

I still think, my gut of all guts, is the way this FO has been talking they want picks. Part of me selfishly wants a trade-down only to extnd my interest in the draftnight. Of course I will care to see who else goes, but if we pick at #11 and take London or Olave, it just kind of ... feels inevitable.

Trading down with Green Bay and getting #22, #53 and #59 on the other hand ... well then you're talking. Anything to make Day 2 a little more interesting.

Using the PFF trade back there's a 43% chance of us getting GB to do that trade but it all depends on the player they want.  More likely a 22, 53, and 92. 

11 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

I've banged my dream-scenario drum a bunch of times already, but that dream scenario is swapping 11 and 13 with Houston and getting 68 back. Take Olave at 13. Of course, Houtson has to want to come up, my guess is they might for Jameson and/or Kyle Hamilton. 

I’m actually a fan of that if the FO is low on Kyle Hamilton (feels better fits for Buffalo nickel later) and is concerned with Jameson injury.

But I think I would just take Hamilton.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

I disagree, kinda. I think Speed is important but so is catching the ball. I think thats more important than speed. We can argue all day about Doctson being a bust but I still despise Cousins for his failure because Cousins wouldn't throw it to him unless he was OPEN. Sure he had that miss against (the raiders?) but we saw last year that Heinicke would throw it to WRS (maybe too often) and get lucky if they weren't picked, but it helped move our offense. 

Speed is important but catching is still the number one ability for a WR and thats why I've been calling for Sims to get playing time above Brown. one catches one doesn't. 

Olave catches everything. He has great hands.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

We have done business with Dallas on draft day before. I wouldnt mind taking 24/62 and a future 2 or 3 from them to move down. Gonna have plenty of talent left at 24 IMO. Elam, Burkes, Hill, Watson and Dotson could all be there. 

Yes, it's been a while ago and Bruce was GM then.  

If Stingley goes 3, I think only one WR goes in the top 10....or two WR's go in the top 10 and either Thibodeaux or Johnson slips to #11; which should be prime opportunity for a trade down.

If Stingley goes 3....

4) Ekwonu

5) Neal

6) Cross

7) Sauce

8  Johnson

9) Thibodeaux

10) Wilson or London

9 minutes ago, Mrshadow008 said:

That really Helps us as far as London is concerned atleast

Yeah I am having a hard time guessing where London is going to go.  Seems like most reporters are saying top 10, some say he slips out of the top 10.

Seems like Hamilton slam dunk will be there at 11.  ditto Olave.

Jameson Williams -- all over the place but typically in the top 15 depending on the reporter.

It feels like there is a good chance two receivers go top 10 but its unlikely that three go.  If it goes down like that its hard to predict because of all the variance rumor wise on Williams and Wilson and London. 

4 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

If Stingley goes 3, I think only one WR goes in the top 10....or two WR's go in the top 10 and either Thibodeaux or Johnson slips to #11; which should be prime opportunity for a trade down.

If Stingley goes 3....

4) Ekwonu

5) Neal

6) Cross

7) Sauce

8  Johnson

9) Thibodeaux

10) Wilson or London

Who knows about how legit rumors are.  But judging based on them the Falcons are a wildcard for WR.  The thought seems to be they'd go WR unless Thibodeax or Johnson falls to them and in that case they'd go edge.

Seems like the Jets are slam dunk either taking a Wr or trading for one.  That's been one of the most consistent rumors.  But who knows, will see.

Edited by Skinsinparadise

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Who knows about hjow legit rumors are.  But judging based on them the Falcons are a wildcard for WR.  The thought seems to be they'd go WR unless Thibodeax or Johnson falls to them and in that case they'd go edge.

Seems like the Jets are slam dunk either taking a Wr or trading for one.  That's been one of the most consistent rumor.  But who knows, will see.

Falcons will have Ridley back next year, and they just took Pitts first rd last year who is pretty much a receiver himself. Not saying they won’t take a receiver, but they have a lot of other holes to fill too, so I think the rumors may be a bit overblown.

As a side note for those of you who stream your TV instead of pay for cable, ABC will carry the draft live tonight in primetime. Reece Davis will lead the coverage team. And I will be flipping back and forth between all of the coverage. ABC's coverage could be really good. Their coverage will be more College Football focused and should give a ton of good info on the prospects. Just a heads up. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Thumb up 1