Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2022 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander
Message added by TK,

44 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Lrake London. Obviously Drake's brother. I will add him to my list. You will not have a *rake London on a list and I not get credit for his superiority. 

Lol, lack of sleep last night, I am paying the price with my typing this morning  😀

But yeah Lrake London, WR, was actually Ken Howell's (QB) main target last year.   Division 3 school -- I don't have the energy to do my usual in depth take about these players but if we draft either one, I promise i will do so! 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, markmills67 said:

Bolton, Lancashire me mate. Got a funny feeling it's Jordan Davis DT. 

Well Ladies and Gentlemen, we all know Rivera and Co will not pick who we think they will pick, so I am staying with my pick from weeks ago. 

With the 11th pick of the 2022 NFL draft the Washington Commanders Draft Jordan Davis DT. 

That’s funny, I was actually thinking that this morning. He’s a freak and with us not resigning Payne that wouldn’t be a bad idea.  People would obviously lose their minds but I’d like it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LetMeSeeYourWarFace21 said:

If we were able to make that trade, I'd rather draft Walker or Hall with one of those pix. If Devin Lloyd dropped down that far and we were able to land him, that would be an GREAT 1st round for us.

Then we could use 2nd on WR or Safety, whatever player at those positions that we have ranked the highest. 

I would do a backflip if that was our draft. Couldn't be more ideal. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

I like Mello, has good stuff. He's Matt Miller's brother, they've done tons of podcasts together, and did the BR Live Draft Coverage for years.

Anyway, there's a scenario the Texans go CB or OT at #3 and then jump back up for a guy they don't take. With rumor being they really like Stingley, my guess is they take a safer pick (OT) at #3 and then get aggressive to grab Stingley if he falls ... they probably target Carolina or NYG at 6/7 to get Stingley. But in the off-chance NYJ go OL at 4 ... it does open up a chance for Stingley to slide. We'll see. Feels like they'd go higher than us at #11 in that case, but if Stingley is somehow there (or an OT falls if they go Stingley at #3) then we might be in a good position to benefit. 

Before Hamilton starting to slide in public opinion, I had the Texans jumping past us to get him in the top 10, most likely at the #9 slot.

10 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

The one ace in our sleeve we have is that Tackle isn't very deep.  Assuming the big 3 go before our pick and Penning is there, NO, LAC, Bal, Pitt could all use T.

Yep I’m looking at the 16/17 pick if we go for a trade back scenario.

8 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Before Hamilton starting to slide in public opinion, I had the Texans jumping past us to get him in the top 10, most likely at the #9 slot.

Yep I’m looking at the 16/17 pick if we go for a trade back scenario.

How great would it be to trade our #11 for Houston's #13 and a 3rd round pick? I know it's very unlikely but that would be a homerun for us.

• Like 2

At a minimum, unless Drake London is available...we should be looking to recoup a 3rd with a slight trade down to 13. At MINIMUM. I don't care how scared some of you are from past trade-downs. This year is different. 

It's honestly the worst year we could have traded any mid rounders away. I would have rather given Indy a 2024 2nd instead of this year's 3rd. We need more picks or this draft is an immediate failure. 

• Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

This WR class drops a tier after 4 guys.  I don't think Burks and Dotson should be picked in the 20's, but they're commonly mocked there now.  This WR class probably won't have the normal expected quality options available at #47.

There are plenty of WRs that aren't far off from the 4 you mention. Christian Watson, Alec Pierce to name two. It's an insanely deep class at most positions. 

The top WRs wouldn't even be 1st rounders in most recent drafts. I think all 4 would be 2nd rounders. And that's what this draft is full of, 2nd round talents and boom or bust guys. That's why it would be smart to take as many swings at plate as possible.

5 minutes ago, Forever A Redskin said:

There are plenty of WRs that aren't far off from the 4 you mention. Christian Watson, Alec Pierce to name two. It's an insanely deep class at most positions. 

The top WRs wouldn't even be 1st rounders in most recent drafts. I think all 4 would be 2nd rounders. And that's what this draft is full of, 2nd round talents and boom or bust guys. That's why it would be smart to take as many swings at plate as possible.

Look at this and tell me you think they wouldn't be in the 1st round of some of those drafts.

8 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Still don't understand the Saints.  Why would they trade up into mid-1st...and then trade down again?  Why even trade up to begin with?

3 minutes ago, Mrshadow008 said:

Listening to 980 and they had Santana on. Obviously asked him about WR said his favorite in the draft is Olave but really likes all of the top four also really likes London for us because of the added dimension he would give us 

Olave is basically a taller Tana so it makes sense

6 minutes ago, seantaylor=god said:

Not trying to be a dick- but is Olave a good PR guy? I think of Santana as more shifty than Olave. Although they are definitely both track/speed guys.

I think tana was more shifty and tougher than olave but olave Is more fluid and more of a technician in his route running than Santana was early