Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2022 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander
Message added by TK,

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

Houston taking Stingley would be wild.  One of the big 3 Ts could drop to 11 which could be a game changer one way or another for us.

I don’t think it would be. Makes sense for them. They have holes everywhere. They have a second early 1st rounder. Why not go for one of the highest potential players in the draft?

• Thumb up 2

21 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I don’t think it would be. Makes sense for them. They have holes everywhere. They have a second early 1st rounder. Why not go for one of the highest potential players in the draft?

Yeah I don't think it'd be a bad pick. I meant wild in terms of draft prognostication. Everyone had them taking an OT or Edge for the last few months.

In a way it'd suck for us because I had the Ravens trading up with us for Stingley as one of my more likely trade scenarios.

7 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Yeah I don't think it'd be a bad pick. I meant wild in terms of draft prognostication. Everyone had them taking an OT or Edge for the last few months.

In a way it'd suck for us because I had the Ravens trading up with us for Stingley as one of my more likely trade scenarios.

I've been all for this trade back scenario, but I agree with @ColonialWBSkinsFan. I'd simply draft Stingley there.

• Thanks 1

If London is gone by 11 and Wilson is there I predict 2016 will repeat itself....back then we traded down one spot with the Texans...they took Fuller and we took Doctson.

This time we'll trade down two spots...they'll take Wilson and we'll take Olave.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, sebestian said:

One veteran front-office executive this morning: "This is the craziest draft I've seen in 30 years."

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) April 28, 2022

Giddy up boys, Giddy up.  I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue, LOL.  Scotch, no less then 15 yrs old.

Hmmm any other options?  Skins took Landry 15 years ago at 1-6.  Hoping we can do better.  Thinking Hamilton.

Edited by Idaho fan
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

If London is gone by 11 and Wilson is there I predict 2016 will repeat itself....back then we traded down one spot with the Texans...they took Fuller and we took Doctson.

This time we'll trade down two spots...they'll take Wilson and we'll take Olave.

I’d rather not repeat 2016. 

• Thanks 1

I wonder if there might be too much overlap with Christian Watson and Curtis Samuel. Super athletic guys that are good on short passes, sweeps, and taking the top off, without a refined route tree. and I wonder how Watson looked against press coverage at the senior bowl. 

43 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

Sheehan says they like Lloyd and McDuffie.

If you take Lloyd especially in a trade down I'd be beyond jazzed.

I like McDuffie, I get @Going Commando's take that nothing really blows you away watching him.  But IMO he's very consistent.  And he's Terry McLaurin level as far as intangibles.  the dude would be likely studying to midnight to prepare for each week's matchup.  Just watched a segment about him and his family -- seems likely super high character

7 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

If you take Lloyd especially in a trade down I'd be beyond jazzed.

I like McDuffie, I get @Going Commando's take that nothing really blows you away watching him.  But IMO he's very consistent.  And he's Terry McLaurin level as far as intangibles.  the dude would be likely studying to midnight to prepare for each week's matchup.  Just watched a segment about him and his family -- seems likely super high character

I've just been burned too much by zone corners.  That's why I have him and Booth and Gordon way lower than the draftnik consensus for each of them.  Perhaps McDuffie can play man at a high level, but his film has no evidence of that.  Conversely, corners that show off good man skills pretty much translate to any team, which is why I think McCreary has a chance to be excellent.

• Like 1