Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2022 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander
Message added by TK,

12 minutes ago, sebestian said:

Oh theirs a plan.  Well see if its the right one soon enough.  Rumor has it that Payne is looking to get paid, handsomely.  If that's the case, trade him and be done with it.  We lose way to many players via the free transfer which makes zero sense to me.  You know what I mean.

Got to at least get a 3rd for him in the draft.  If not, then let him play out 22 here and in 23 he can get paid by another team and bring us a 3rd round comp. pick.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Panninho said:

I can understand seeing it that way. But Chase sat out an entire season and looks like he might go to the hall of fame when it's all said and done. The last two years were just crazy with what was going on apart from sports. I think it is tough to judge young players too harshly here. Stingley had an argument for being the best player on that 2019 LSU team and some of those teammates have graduated and dominated in the NFL. Talent like that is hard to pass on.

But yeah, I can understand where you are coming from. It just feels like one of those picks where you would look back and argue how we should have went with Stingley over XYZ when we had the chance to (if he was available obv.).

Stingley was the best defensive player on that 2019 team. That alone is amazing. I am glad to see he has come back from injury like he has and he is driven to be the best. Dude is a baller!

the ones I highlighted in yellow are those that I like a little more than the average mock drafter and or spent a lot of time on them and or dug them early in the process.   the number is how I ranked them round wise.  Not where I think they will go but where I rank them. 

Screen Shot 2022-04-28 at 8.06.15 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-04-28 at 8.16.51 AM.png

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 6
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

28 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Olave at #11 is going to be mildly frustrating.

I don't really understand that. He has dominated college football, has set the TD record at a school that has produced a lot of good WRs recently, is a senior that is the same age as most juniors (e.g. Garrett Wilson). He started early in his career even though he was only a three-star recruit. We know that he is super professional, a hard-worker. He runs awesome routes, has great hands and a great ability to track the deep ball.

I wouldn't mind any of Stingley, Hamilton, Sauce or Wilson either but if we pick Olave I'd be very happy.

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Est.1974 said:

We did meet with Wydermyer I believe, I like Bellinger in the 6th for TE.

If they don't come out of the early rounds with a big WR, I think they target one of these 2 guys or Turner or Calcaterra in the 6th.

Calcaterra would be a great value here, he is really good. Unfortunately he has prior concussion issues which will scare some (like me) off

• Like 1

On 4/26/2022 at 10:04 PM, Warhead36 said:

Hamilton. He has higher upside and could be truly elite. I'm not sure London has the same kinda upside.

If Hamilton is a difference maker on defense along the lines of a Sean Taylor I'd take him all day long. I'd run through a lions den to get a safety like Taylor, Polamalu, Ed Reed etc....

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Panninho said:

I can understand seeing it that way. But Chase sat out an entire season and looks like he might go to the hall of fame when it's all said and done. The last two years were just crazy with what was going on apart from sports. I think it is tough to judge young players too harshly here. Stingley had an argument for being the best player on that 2019 LSU team and some of those teammates have graduated and dominated in the NFL. Talent like that is hard to pass on.

But yeah, I can understand where you are coming from. It just feels like one of those picks where you would look back and argue how we should have went with Stingley over XYZ when we had the chance to (if he was available obv.).

I still ranked him as my CB1 because he's the most talented player at the position for sure to me.  I think he's a better version of Trevon Diggs.  But for our situation, I think we need leaders on defense.  We have a lot of talented guys who don't have good leadership skills on that side of the ball, and the real game changer for the unit would be getting a kid who may be less talented than Stingley, but absolutely walks the walk of a leader like Devin Lloyd or Nakobe Dean.   Without that crucial component, I think we will keep underachieving.

• Like 2

It is hard to argue that the drafts sweet spot is 25-50. 

If you pay attention to mocks it hurts just to see the players we miss out on by moving back those few spots to 47 due to the Wentz trade. I think that little move is ignored but I thought it stunk

• Like 3

1 hour ago, UK Mitch said:

Just outside Birmingham, watched the tie against bengals at wembley felt like a loss but dream is to get to the states to watch a game. Hoping they build a new stadium first though. Really hoping we get some weapons for wentz next few days,my pick is London or Williams  

Bolton, Lancashire me mate. Got a funny feeling it's Jordan Davis DT. 

Just now, markmills67 said:

Bolton, Lancashire me mate. Got a funny feeling it's Jordan Davis DT. 

Been over watching our Redskins twice, both wins (Jaguars and Brown's). 

36 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

the ones I highlighted in yellow are those that I like a little more than the average mock drafter and or spent a lot of time on them and or dug them early in the process.   the number is how I ranked them round wise.  Not where I think they will go but where I rank them. 

Screen Shot 2022-04-28 at 8.06.15 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-04-28 at 8.16.51 AM.png

Where are your Kicker rankings? :) 

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Panninho said:

I don't really understand that. He has dominated college football, has set the TD record at a school that has produced a lot of good WRs recently, is a senior that is the same age as most juniors (e.g. Garrett Wilson). He started early in his career even though he was only a three-star recruit. We know that he is super professional, a hard-worker. He runs awesome routes, has great hands and a great ability to track the deep ball.

I wouldn't mind any of Stingley, Hamilton, Sauce or Wilson either but if we pick Olave I'd be very happy.

I did say mildly...:ols:

Yeah fair enough, it’s not the worst outcome by any means. If that were to be the outcome I would probably lean towards a trade back, get Dotson and another player on day 2.

But yes, Olave sure is a talent so as I said, mildly frustrating.

• Like 1

The closer we get to being on the clock the more I covet Hamilton.  

Looking at the list of players projected to be there at 11 he has huge value - considered by some as one of the top 3 players in the draft.  That is the BPA direction I hope the team goes.  The draft is deep at WR.  Bring in a game changer with that first pick.  So I fully expect the team to go a different direction.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Here's how I think it will go.

1.11: Chris Olave, WR Ohio State

2.47: Christian Harris, LB Alabama

*Trade 4 and 7 for a 4/5/6

4.130: Dameon Pierce, RB Florida

5.168: Jaylen Wydermeyer, TE Texas A&M

6.185: Tycen Anderson, S Toledo

6.189: Luke Goedeke, G Central Michigan

7.230: Derion Kendrick, CB Georgia

I don't think we'll end up trading off #11 ... but I hope we get an offer and we do. I don't know if we'll be able to trade off #47 unless there's a good deal to fall back just a few spots and add a 3rd. So we need to create capital somehow, so I accepted a trade to move down in the 4th to add a 5 and 6.  I like the way this turns out despite having limited early impact picks. I think adding Olave and Harris will do wonders on both sides of the ball. And adding some depth with upside at positions of need later would be nice too. 

Dream scenario would be the inch-back that would net lots of 3rds. I haven't had this happen before, but in a simulation I just ran I was offered ...

12 and 76 from Minnesota for 11. Then I was offered 14 and 77 from Baltimore for 12. Then I was offered 16 and 98 from New Orleans for 14. That would never happen in the real world, but I think it indicates one of those could happen due to a need from those teams to come up for a CB, S, OT ...

Anyway, I got Olave at 16, then Harris at 47, Logan Hall DT at 76, S Kerby Joseph at 77, OT Rasheed Walker at 98, Brian Robinson RB at 113, Jalen Wydermeyer TE at 189

• Like 2