Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2022 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander
Message added by TK,

31 minutes ago, markmills67 said:

Draft is on at 1am over here in Bolton, England. I have booked tomorrow off so can watch the whole of the 1st round of the Draft. 

HTTR 

Wise move, I remember after we drafted Haskins thinking that was our first round over then walking up a few hours later to find that we’d traded back in for Sweat :ols:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

James Cook is a good player, maybe the best pass catching RB in this group -- toss up IMO between him and Rashaad White.  47 IMO is a little rich for Cook.    And i think they are looking for more of a power runner as opposed to another Rb who majors in pass catching.

IMO the next best RB after Walker and Hall is Dameon Pierce.  But I know plenty of mock drafters don't agree with me on that. 

I’m close. Robinson at RB3, Pierce at RB4.

If we don’t come away with Hall/Walker I really think we need one of those two.

• Like 2

image.thumb.png.797245088ed7636fd5b9c6fae68a3c7f.png

image.thumb.png.cac7105ae461f2d94f941198b15b2e92.png

image.png.42b351416c0085e4386f713e21592a5a.png

image.png.ae81c3ee1b7f845aaa8559b715c9b127.png

There it is. I missed some guys this year because I started late. So there's some names I know I'm missing. But all in all I'm happy with it. Can't wait to look at everyone's lists today.

I am going to start 2023 "scouting" immediately after the draft this year so even if I slack somewhere I won't be as far behind. 

For full disclosure: George Pickens and Devante Wyatt are not on my board. 

Edited by KDawg
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 6
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

20 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I’m close. Robinson at RB3, Pierce at RB4.

If we don’t come away with Hall/Walker I really think we need one of those two.

Agree.  Alleghier and Zamir White would be very close behind for me to those Pierce/Robinson.   As far as power runners, just behind them for me is Hassan Haskins.  Then just a little further down Abram Smith.  So many good albeit perhaps not great power style runners in this draft. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2

As an aside, where is the narrative that Travon Walker is a playmaker coming from? I think he's a really versatile and talented DL. Can play 3/5/EDGE. But he had 9.5 sacks and 13 TFL in his collegiate career.

Meanwhile Jermaine Johnson had that amount of sacks +3 this season. Johnson is slept on. 

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 2

8 minutes ago, KDawg said:

As an aside, where is the narrative that Travon Walker is a playmaker coming from? I think he's a really versatile and talented DL. Can play 3/5/EDGE. But he had 9.5 sacks and 13 TFL in his collegiate career.

Meanwhile Jermaine Johnson had that amount of sacks +3 this season. Johnson is slept on. 

Judiging by mock draft shows this week, Johnson doesn't seem much slept on, some think he might even go top 5, most top 10.    Seems like the vibe from them is the story of the first round will be a big run on edge rushers and WRs.  

3 hours ago, RWJ said:

I'd like to replace Beavers with Troy Andersen but I know he will be gone before Beavers but I'll gladly take Beavers.  :)  

It difficult to nail down selections with our current pick structure.

Staying at #11 I’m hoping Wilson or Hamilton. Only the latter seems realistic. With some trading around of picks I think our realistic targets include :

Olave/Dotson WR

Pierce RB

Brisker S

Geodeke OL

Beavers LB

Mathis CB

We did meet with Wydermyer I believe, I like Bellinger in the 6th for TE.

Also like wildcard picks of a Marcus Jones CB or Calvin Austin WR. Explosive talents but luxury picks as things stand.

Edit - Plus the other wildcard is QB. I think we still like Ridder and Strong. They fit the Wentz mould. Again, the latter being a possibility with more picks and a reasonable health check. That medical condition appears a major issue though.

One final edit then that’s it :ols: Mayhew made a point of attending the Trevor Penning pro day. He’s a sleeper OL pick in my opinion.

Edited by Est.1974
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Judiging by mock draft shows this week, Johnson doesn't seem much slept on, some think he might even go top 5, most top 10.    Seems like the vibe from them is the story of the first round will be a big run on edge rushers and WRs.  

I don't follow mocks, really. But when I see a TV show, or conversations here or with friends in the real life... No one talks about him. Unheralded and under appreciated. 

14 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yeah Jets heavily linked at #4. Could be all noise though. Should be a real interesting draft day 1.

• Like 1

Thanks to all members who have posted during the lead up to the draft.  It has been entertaining and frustrating.  That being said, caring about something evokes emotional responses, but the common theme is that we all want the Commanders to win.  Here's to a good draft for the W, lets get it done.  W for life!

• Like 8

Just now, sebestian said:

Thanks to all members who have posted during the lead up to the draft.  It has been entertaining and frustrating.  That being said, caring about something evokes emotional responses, but the common theme is that we all want the Commanders to win.  Here's to a good draft for the W, lets get it done.  W for life!

Well said. Some fantastic in depth information in here, largely by a handful of posters. Always makes great reading.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Edit - Plus the other wildcard is QB. I think we still like Ridder and Strong. They fit the Wentz mould. Again, the latter being a possibility with more picks and a reasonable health check. That medical condition appears a major issue though.

Dustin Crum.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, RWJ said:

Have you watched any tape on Sincere McCormick of UTSA?  I try to find late round gems at RB.  Check this guy out if you haven't. :) 

I have.  Kiper/Mcshay mentioned him in a podcast, so some including me watched him.

Not sure about him, a bit short and slow.  At about that same size, I like Tyler Badie more, he's more explosive. 

I got some others in the late rounds who intrigue more.

If I had to pick two mid to late round RBs IMO that seem the most slept on its Ty Chandler and Jerome Ford.  Both are sort of do it all RBs.  I'll post my list soon.

I know someone here forgetting whom kept pushing Ty Chandler. I watched him a bit later in the process.  But if he slips later into the draft and they haven't taken a RB, he'd be on my short list. 

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

I have.  Kiper/Mcshay mentioned him in a podcast, so some including me watched him.

Not sure about him, a bit short and slow.  At about that same size, I like Tyler Badie more, he's more explosive. 

I got some others in the late rounds who intrigue more.

If I had to pick two mid to late round RBs IMO that seem the most slept on its Ty Chandler and Jerome Ford.  Both are sort of do it all RBs.  I'll post my list soon.

I know someone here forgetting whom kept pressing Ty Chandler. I watched him a bit later in the process.  But if he slips later into the draft and they haven't taken a RB, he'd be on my short list. 

I don't like a lot of the backs for anything other than being roleplayers.

I think there are 4 high potential guys, 4ish good potential guys and then roleplay types. 

20 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I don't follow mocks, really. But when I see a TV show, or conversations here or with friends in the real life... No one talks about him. Unheralded and under appreciated. 

Yeah as to conversations here, we've focused mostly on positions we assume are in play for this team.  But I am bit of a media junkie for the draft so its tough for me to escape Jermaine Johnson, he's plenty hyped in the mock draft community so to speak.   

I am less confident in my d lineman rankings that anything else I've done.  On some spots I went really deep and watched some players a lot.  On the D line I sort of had to race through them and make quick guesses. 

8 minutes ago, markmills67 said:

Welcome buddy 

Where in the UK are you from? 

Just outside Birmingham, watched the tie against bengals at wembley felt like a loss but dream is to get to the states to watch a game. Hoping they build a new stadium first though. Really hoping we get some weapons for wentz next few days,my pick is London or Williams  

Edited by UK Mitch
  • Like 3

If there is any truth to the rumours that the Jets are looking to move on from Mekhi Becton, what do people think about some sort of deal involving Deron Payne for Becton and maybe a draft pick?

I mocked this on PFF and got the swap and a 2022 3rd Round pick.

Does this have mileage?

8 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I don't like a lot of the backs for anything other than being roleplayers.

I think there are 4 high potential guys, 4ish good potential guys and then roleplay types. 

I liked  Khalil Herbert last year as a mid round type.  He had a decent year as a rookie, not killer.  IMO a lot of guys in this draft with his kind of range of ability.   A bunch of guys really bunched up for me in the mid rounds.  

As far as bell cow types, two RBs.  1A-IB rotation types maybe 4 guys in additon to the top 2.  But I think there are plenty of guys who I think can help this team in rotation especially if they are looking to add more of a power-gap style back. 

4 minutes ago, UKHog77 said:

If there is any truth to the rumours that the Jets are looking to move on from Mekhi Becton, what do people think about some sort of deal involving Deron Payne for Becton and maybe a draft pick?

Does this have mileage?

Don't know, I read somewhere Becton was 400 pounds at times last year and they are fed up with that among other things.

1 minute ago, UK Mitch said:

Just outside Birmingham, watched the tie against bengals at wembley felt like a loss. Really hoping we get some weapons for wentz next few days 

Welcome @UK Mitch  Follow the rules and have fun.  I'm from your little brother country...Canada.  The reason I say follow the rules is that our moderators, how dedicate a lot of time to run the site, run a professional site.  Shout out to the mods, and I would not want a new member to not be aware.  Other then that, welcome aboard.  

I remember I joined just before the draft 17 years ago.  Right when Gibbs came back.  Then we drafted Sean Taylor and the rest is just, well you know.

Welcome once again.  By the way, have they shipped the UCL to Liverpool yet or are they going to play the final for s and g's

5 minutes ago, UKHog77 said:

Does this have mileage?

I think Becton is overrated and was over drafted, MO

• Like 3