Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2022 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander
Message added by TK,

8 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

James Cook is a good player, maybe the best pass catching RB in this group -- toss up IMO between him and Rashaad White.  47 IMO is a little rich for Cook.    And i think they are looking for more of a power runner as opposed to another Rb who majors in pass catching.

IMO the next best RB after Walker and Hall is Dameon Pierce.  But I know plenty of mock drafters don't agree with me on that. 

Agree. I have Pierce at RB3 and Robinson RB4. I do not understand why Pierce hasn't received more play in the mocks. He deserves more than Cook for sure but doesn't happen. And Robinson is forgotten in many. 2 none flashy guys who get it done between the tackles, passing game contributors and real good in pass protection...perfect fit! 

5 hours ago, OtisDriftwood25 said:

I think the most underrated player in the draft is Daxton Hill. If we can trade back and get him with a next year 1 would be my dream scenario. He could fill that Buffalo Nickel position as good as anyone in the draft.

I am with you. He is my favorite player in the draft

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

Agree. I have Pierce at RB3 and Robinson RB4. I do not understand why Pierce hasn't received more play in the mocks. He deserves more than Cook for sure but doesn't happen. And Robinson is forgotten in many. 2 none flashy guys who get it done between the tackles, passing game contributors and real good in pass protection...perfect fit! 

I am with you. He is my favorite player in the draft

Name Recognition?

Kiper's final mock

https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/draft2022/insider/story/_/id/33816306/nfl-mock-draft-2022-mel-kiper-final-predictions-first-32-picks-including-quarterback-surprise-top-10-shuffle

_end_rule.pngjax.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

1. Jacksonville Jaguars

Travon Walker, DE, Georgia

This pick has been leaning in this direction for the past week. The Jaguars must prefer what Walker could be over what Aidan Hutchinson already is (and I think Hutchinson will get even better). Walker is my ninth-ranked prospect. It would be extremely hard for me to take a guy who had 9.5 sacks, 13 tackles for loss and one forced fumble -- in his entire three-year college career.

det.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

2. Detroit Lions

Aidan Hutchinson, DE, Michigan

We're going to be talking about Walker vs. Hutchinson for years to come. On my board, Hutchinson is the best prospect in this class. He dominated games in college, and he's going to be a star for the Lions.

hou.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

3. Houston Texans

Ikem Ekwonu, OT, NC State

I've heard the talk about the Texans liking cornerback Derek Stingley Jr., but this is just too high for him. Ekwonu is a safe pick, and he could move over to the right side with Laremy Tunsil playing left tackle.

nyj.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

4. New York Jets

Ahmad "Sauce" Gardner, CB, Cincinnati

In this scenario, the Jets are in a great spot, with both top cornerbacks on the board and all of the wide receivers still available. Could they go corner here and then wide receiver at No. 10? Gardner has the ability to shut down one side of the field.

18hMel Kiper Jr., +3 More

nyg.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

5. New York Giants

Charles Cross, OT, Mississippi State

With two of the next three picks, the Giants have to come away with a starting right tackle. They should go ahead and take one here. Cross didn't get many chances to show off his run blocking because of the pass-heavy Mississippi State offense, but I love his potential. And he could play right tackle on the other side of Andrew Thomas.

car.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

6. Carolina Panthers

Evan Neal, OT, Alabama

The Panthers are likely going to try to trade down because they don't have any Day 2 picks. Which team wants to trade up, though? That's the issue -- they have to find a partner in order to do so. This is too high for a quarterback, and they have a clear need at left tackle. Neal is a devastating run blocker with quick feet as a pass protector.

7. New York Giants (via CHI)

Jermaine Johnson II, DE, Florida State

I have Kayvon Thibodeaux ranked higher than Johnson, but it's close. Johnson had 12 sacks last season, showing great bend off the edge. He'd be a great fit in Don Martindale's defense.

atl.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

8. Atlanta Falcons

Garrett Wilson, WR, Ohio State

I thought about Jordan Davis for the Falcons; he could be an immovable object in the middle of their defensive line. Ultimately, their wide receiver depth chart is No. 32 in the league. They have to get better. Wilson can be their No. 1 immediately.

sea.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

9. Seattle Seahawks (via DEN)

Derek Stingley Jr., CB, LSU

The Seahawks could go in a few different directions here, but Stingley just seems like a Seattle type of defensive player. He doesn't have the super long arms that Pete Carroll normally likes for defensive backs, but he is a ball hawk with great physical traits. Stingley only played in 10 games the past two seasons, but I'd bet on his talent.

10. New York Jets (via SEA)

Drake London, WR, USC

The Jets get their big red zone target for Zach Wilson in the 6-foot-4 London. This is the best-case scenario for general manager Joe Douglas, who adds a top corner and top receiver to an ascending roster.

wsh.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

11. Washington Commanders

Chris Olave, WR, Ohio State

If Washington wants to put Carson Wentz in a position to succeed, it could take Olave and pair him with another Ohio State receiver in Terry McLaurin. The Commanders' defense has a lot of young talent, but the offense is lacking. Olave is great after the catch.

Olave is great after the catch?  Since when.  i like him but he's not a YAC guy. 

McShay's mock

https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/draft2022/insider/story/_/id/33816306/nfl-mock-draft-2022-mel-kiper-final-predictions-first-32-picks-including-quarterback-surprise-top-10-shuffle

1. Jacksonville Jaguars

As I said on Monday, signs are now strongly pointing to Walker as the top pick. He is versatile, explosive and powerful, and he'd team up with Josh Allen to form a solid edge-rush pairing for new coach Doug Pederson. Michigan edge rusher Aidan Hutchinson -- who was long rumored to be the guy here -- has the production résumé, but Jacksonville is intrigued by Walker's upside and traits. And while taking an offensive tackle isn't out of the question, Wednesday's three-year extension for Cam Robinson certainly made the Jags' direction here much more clear.

2. Detroit Lions

Detroit might turn in the draft card before commissioner Roger Goodell is even finished reading Walker's name. Landing Hutchinson would be a big win for general manager Brad Holmes and the rebuilding Lions. Hutchinson is my No. 1 overall prospect and would immediately be a leader on the Detroit defense. And he could top the team in sacks as a rookie thanks to his relentless and technically sound approach to rushing the passer.

3. Houston Texans

In true Las Vegas fashion, Houston is keeping its cards close to its vest. I could see Oregon edge rusher Kayvon Thibodeaux or NC State tackle Ikem Ekwonu here, but I've heard the Texans are high on Stingley, and they could certainly use a cornerback with his ball skills and massive upside. There is a wide range of opinions about Stingley's game and what he will bring to the NFL, but the ceiling is undeniable. He was one of the best players in the country as a freshman in 2019.

4. New York Jets

The Jets are going to be playing the value game here, with another pick lined up at No. 10. Cincinnati cornerback Ahmad Gardner would be tempting if things fall this way, and I wouldn't rule out the Jets addressing the edge rush concern now rather than later. But Ekwonu is a mauler who would immediately upgrade the offensive line, and he has the versatility to play all over.

5. New York Giants

I've heard the Giants and the Panthers both love Cross, who is the best pure pass-protector in the entire class. So New York will likely want to first address the line and land its guy ahead of Carolina before looking at other needs at No. 7. Pairing Cross with Andrew Thomas gives the Giants a solid duo, helping put Daniel Jones in the best possible position to succeed in a make-or-break season for the fourth-year quarterback.

6. Carolina Panthers

Evan Neal, OT, Alabama

Neal is nearly impossible to get around in pass protection, and he takes great angles in the run game, which would help spring ball carrier Christian McCaffrey. The Panthers gave up 52 sacks last season, and while I like what they did on the interior in free agency, offensive tackle is still a need. Quarterback is, of course, also a consideration, but it's just too early, and it doesn't matter who is under center if the team can't keep him upright.

Ahmad Gardner, CB, Cincinnati

It's not often that a team gets good value this high on the board, but the chance to add a true shutdown cornerback might be enough for the Giants to skip out on the pass rush for the time being. And remember, it's possible that cornerback could become the bigger of the two needs if the team's salary-cap concerns forces it to move on from James Bradberry. The Giants can pop the champagne early and celebrate adding two high-level young starters before the sun even sets in Las Vegas.

8. Atlanta Falcons

Kayvon Thibodeaux, DE, Oregon

Atlanta would think long and hard about a wide receiver here -- Ohio State's Garrett Wilson or Southern California's Drake London would be the two to watch -- but it would probably jump at the chance to stop Thibodeaux's slide down the top 10. The Falcons' 18 sacks were No. 32 in the NFL last season -- 11 clear of the second-worst team -- and Thibodeaux explodes off the line. Atlanta can concentrate on wideout in Round 2 with a deep pass-catching group.

The drop-off at edge rusher after Johnson is steep, and all of the wide receivers are still on the board, so I wouldn't be surprised to see Seattle trade out of this pick. But if the Seahawks can't find a dance partner or opt to stay home, Johnson's high-rev motor, first-step quickness and powerful hands would spark their pass rush. Others to watch, should they fall, include Stingley, Thibodeaux and the top three tackles.

Garrett Wilson, WR, Georgia

The cornerback and edge rusher groups each took an early hit, but the wide receiver class remained untouched through nine picks. So it's a pretty easy move here. Wilson has elite body control and great speed, which would provide quarterback Zach Wilson with a trusty target in the vertical and red zone games. With Ekwonu blocking and plenty of other playmakers already in place, the Jets can look to the Wilson-to-Wilson connection for Year 1 fireworks. As for defensive needs, remember that the Jets have two more picks inside the top 40.

Drake London, WR, USC

Terry McLaurin had 1,053 receiving yards last season, but no other Washington player broke 400. I love London's ability to box out defenders and come down with tough contested catches, and new Commanders quarterback Carson Wentz would too.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Kiper's final mock

1. Jacksonville Jaguars

This pick has been leaning in this direction for the past week. The Jaguars must prefer what Walker could be over what Aidan Hutchinson already is (and I think Hutchinson will get even better). Walker is my ninth-ranked prospect. It would be extremely hard for me to take a guy who had 9.5 sacks, 13 tackles for loss and one forced fumble -- in his entire three-year college career.

2. Detroit Lions

We're going to be talking about Walker vs. Hutchinson for years to come. On my board, Hutchinson is the best prospect in this class. He dominated games in college, and he's going to be a star for the Lions.

3. Houston Texans

I've heard the talk about the Texans liking cornerback Derek Stingley Jr., but this is just too high for him. Ekwonu is a safe pick, and he could move over to the right side with Laremy Tunsil playing left tackle.

4. New York Jets

Ahmad "Sauce" Gardner, CB, Cincinnati

In this scenario, the Jets are in a great spot, with both top cornerbacks on the board and all of the wide receivers still available. Could they go corner here and then wide receiver at No. 10? Gardner has the ability to shut down one side of the field.

18hMel Kiper Jr., +3 More

5. New York Giants

With two of the next three picks, the Giants have to come away with a starting right tackle. They should go ahead and take one here. Cross didn't get many chances to show off his run blocking because of the pass-heavy Mississippi State offense, but I love his potential. And he could play right tackle on the other side of Andrew Thomas.

6. Carolina Panthers

Evan Neal, OT, Alabama

The Panthers are likely going to try to trade down because they don't have any Day 2 picks. Which team wants to trade up, though? That's the issue -- they have to find a partner in order to do so. This is too high for a quarterback, and they have a clear need at left tackle. Neal is a devastating run blocker with quick feet as a pass protector.

I have Kayvon Thibodeaux ranked higher than Johnson, but it's close. Johnson had 12 sacks last season, showing great bend off the edge. He'd be a great fit in Don Martindale's defense.

8. Atlanta Falcons

Garrett Wilson, WR, Ohio State

I thought about Jordan Davis for the Falcons; he could be an immovable object in the middle of their defensive line. Ultimately, their wide receiver depth chart is No. 32 in the league. They have to get better. Wilson can be their No. 1 immediately.

The Seahawks could go in a few different directions here, but Stingley just seems like a Seattle type of defensive player. He doesn't have the super long arms that Pete Carroll normally likes for defensive backs, but he is a ball hawk with great physical traits. Stingley only played in 10 games the past two seasons, but I'd bet on his talent.

Drake London, WR, USC

The Jets get their big red zone target for Zach Wilson in the 6-foot-4 London. This is the best-case scenario for general manager Joe Douglas, who adds a top corner and top receiver to an ascending roster.

Chris Olave, WR, Ohio State

If Washington wants to put Carson Wentz in a position to succeed, it could take Olave and pair him with another Ohio State receiver in Terry McLaurin. The Commanders' defense has a lot of young talent, but the offense is lacking. Olave is great after the catch.

Kiper is often dead wrong on his predictions for where guys will go and what impact they will have. I take any of his mocks with a HUGE grain of salt.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, sebestian said:

Welcome @UK Mitch  Follow the rules and have fun.  I'm from your little brother country...Canada.  The reason I say follow the rules is that our moderators, how dedicate a lot of time to run the site, run a professional site.  Shout out to the mods, and I would not want a new member to not be aware.  Other then that, welcome aboard.  

I remember I joined just before the draft 17 years ago.  Right when Gibbs came back.  Then we drafted Sean Taylor and the rest is just, well you know.

Welcome once again.  By the way, have they shipped the UCL to Liverpool yet or are they going to play the final for s and g's

I think Becton is overrated and was over drafted, MO

Thanks, will keep to the rules. Here to add the odd comment but be guided by more knowledgeable people with info. Not a Liverpool fan but cant help but admire how they play the game, im a wolves fan not that its much interest here. Anyway onto the draft, do you think we trade back we need to bridge so many holes 

4 hours ago, Panninho said:
Thought we might have a chance but recent reports see him going as high as 2nd overall.

When even NFL cornerbacks are in awe...

He is stupidly talented.  But I really don't like that he quit on his team.  If you're looking for leadership in you early first round pick, you're going have to keep looking past him.

My predictions:

1. Jacksonville Jaguars - I didn't think they'd do it, but I think they are going to do the unthinkable... Travon Walker, DE/DT, Georgia. A mistake I think, but they seem to value him. He is a quality DE/IDL that can move around and create some matchup issues. He's not a bad player by any means. But passing on other options is a mistake. I'm not sure what Jacksonville is doing at 1. I think they are attempting to get a trade back but they aren't going to get it in this class.

2. Detroit Lions - Aiden Hutchinson, DE, Michigan. If this were the 2020 class I think there would have been a lot of debate on Hutch vs. Young at pick #2. I think Young's upside may have won out, but Hutchinson's motor and ability can't be denied. The Wolverine stays in state and becomes the face of the Lions. 

3. Houston Texans - Derek Stingley, CB, LSU. Surprise here. I think they want to gamble and Stingley is one of the ultimate gamble picks. Injuries and bad film in 2021 has somewhat sunk his value. 

4. New York Jets - Kayvon Thibodeaux, DE, Oregon. When he turns it on... he turns it on. Consistency of effort is going to be his biggest challenge. If he brings it every play in the NFL he will be the premiere EDGE in this draft class. If he doesn't he will simply be a good NFL player. Not a ton of down side to this pick. 

5. New York Giants - Charles Cross, OT, Miss, State. Top OL on my board, and I think they go with him here at 5. Best all-around and prepared OL in this draft class from a technical, athletic and consistency standpoint. 

6. Carolina Panthers - Going quarterback here is a great way to set their team back 3 seasons. Ultimately, I think they attempt to move back. And I think they may get some bites. But if they stay here.... Evan Neal, OT, Alabama. Not quite the athlete Cross is, otherwise he has just as high of an opportunity to be a high end OT for the entirety of his career. 

7. New York Giants - Sauce Gardner, CB, Cincy. They are cutting ties with Bradberry. This is a no brainer. I think this may be the best opportunity for Devin Lloyd to go early, though.

8. Atlanta Falcons - Jameson Williams, WR, Alabama. They aren't going to be great this year anyways. They can wait for his recovery. And with a likely bad season on the way for them they are going to be in the QB sweepstakes in 2023. Pairing a high end rookie with Pitts and Williams is a dream come true for a lot of teams. 

9. Seattle Seahawks - Largely depends on their plans with Metcalf. I'm going to say they are going to stick with Metcalf, pay him, and here they will take the guy that they think can be a similar player to Russell Wilson... Malik Willis, QB, Liberty.

10. New York Jets - It is with a heavy heart that I predict this. Drake London, WR, USC. I don't want to talk about it. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

My predictions:

1. Jacksonville Jaguars - I didn't think they'd do it, but I think they are going to do the unthinkable... Travon Walker, DE/DT, Georgia. A mistake I think, but they seem to value him. He is a quality DE/IDL that can move around and create some matchup issues. He's not a bad player by any means. But passing on other options is a mistake. I'm not sure what Jacksonville is doing at 1. I think they are attempting to get a trade back but they aren't going to get it in this class.

2. Detroit Lions - Aiden Hutchinson, DE, Michigan. If this were the 2020 class I think there would have been a lot of debate on Hutch vs. Young at pick #2. I think Young's upside may have won out, but Hutchinson's motor and ability can't be denied. The Wolverine stays in state and becomes the face of the Lions. 

3. Houston Texans - Derek Stingley, CB, LSU. Surprise here. I think they want to gamble and Stingley is one of the ultimate gamble picks. Injuries and bad film in 2021 has somewhat sunk his value. 

4. New York Jets - Kayvon Thibodeaux, DE, Oregon. When he turns it on... he turns it on. Consistency of effort is going to be his biggest challenge. If he brings it every play in the NFL he will be the premiere EDGE in this draft class. If he doesn't he will simply be a good NFL player. Not a ton of down side to this pick. 

5. New York Giants - Charles Cross, OT, Miss, State. Top OL on my board, and I think they go with him here at 5. Best all-around and prepared OL in this draft class from a technical, athletic and consistency standpoint. 

6. Carolina Panthers - Going quarterback here is a great way to set their team back 3 seasons. Ultimately, I think they attempt to move back. And I think they may get some bites. But if they stay here.... Evan Neal, OT, Alabama. Not quite the athlete Cross is, otherwise he has just as high of an opportunity to be a high end OT for the entirety of his career. 

7. New York Giants - Sauce Gardner, CB, Cincy. They are cutting ties with Bradberry. This is a no brainer. I think this may be the best opportunity for Devin Lloyd to go early, though.

8. Atlanta Falcons - Jameson Williams, WR, Alabama. They aren't going to be great this year anyways. They can wait for his recovery. And with a likely bad season on the way for them they are going to be in the QB sweepstakes in 2023. Pairing a high end rookie with Pitts and Williams is a dream come true for a lot of teams. 

9. Seattle Seahawks - Largely depends on their plans with Metcalf. I'm going to say they are going to stick with Metcalf, pay him, and here they will take the guy that they think can be a similar player to Russell Wilson... Malik Willis, QB, Liberty.

10. New York Jets - It is with a heavy heart that I predict this. Drake London, WR, USC. I don't want to talk about it. 

If this happens, take hamilton or trade down

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, UK Mitch said:

Thanks, will keep to the rules. Here to add the odd comment but be guided by more knowledgeable people with info. Not a Liverpool fan but cant help but admire how they play the game, im a wolves fan not that its much interest here. Anyway onto the draft, do you think we trade back we need to bridge so many holes 

I am sorry, I forgot you mentioned where you are in the UK.  Should have put 2 and 2 together.  

To me, trade back is a viable option, their is a lot of depth to this draft.  I am in the Hamilton corner if we stay at 11.  But I like London as well.  Hamilton a little better.  To trade down I would have to see the first 8-9 picks and then have my options ready.  I am flexible because I think their gems like C Watson available tail end 1st or early second.  JMO

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

https://www.nfl.com/news/peter-schrager-2022-nfl-mock-draft-3-0-eagles-packers-trade-up-for-wide-receiver

•  

Peter Schrager 2022 NFL mock draft 3.0: Eagles, Packers trade up for wide receivers

Pick

Jacksonville Jaguars

Travon Walker

Georgia · DL · Junior

It feels like Walker is the guy. But hours out from the start of Round 1, it sounds like this was hardly a consensus slam-dunk pick (that's inside the building, apparently, too).

Pick

Detroit Lions

Aidan Hutchinson

Michigan · Edge · Senior

It's simple. The Lions can't go wrong with Hutchinson.

Pick

Houston Texans

Ickey Ekwonu

N.C. State · OT · Junior

Earlier this week, I heard from folks around the league that Derek Stingley Jr. could be the pick. Now the winds have changed direction to Ickey. 

Pick

New York Jets

Sauce Gardner

Cincinnati · CB · Junior

If Ekwonu, Hutchinson or Walker fall to the Jets at No. 4, it could be any one of them. As of Wednesday evening, I heard it would be Gardner over Kayvon Thibodeaux, Derek Stingley Jr. or a receiver.

Pick

New York Giants

Charles Cross
Mississippi State · OT · Sophomore (RS)

I've been hearing Cross to the Giants for weeks now. Nothing has happened that would change my tune.

Pick

Carolina Panthers

Evan Neal
Alabama · OT · Junior

Kenny Pickett or Evan Neal? Evan Neal or Kenny Pickett? In the end, Carolina goes with the massive offensive tackle and rolls the dice with Sam Darnold -- or perhaps, Baker Mayfield or Jimmy Garoppolo -- in 2022.

Pick

New York Giants
(from CHI)

Derek Stingley Jr.
LSU · CB · Junior

Wink Martindale's defense values the cornerback position even more than pass rusher. Stingley over Thibodeaux may be a head-scratcher, but I can see it happening.

Pick

Atlanta Falcons

Kayvon Thibodeaux
Oregon · Edge · Junior

I think the Falcons go edge rusher no matter what. If it's Jermaine Johnson II over Thibodeaux here, then it's a matter of preference.

Pick

Seattle Seahawks
(from DEN)

Jermaine Johnson II
Florida State · Edge · Senior (RS)

The Seahawks get great value at No. 9, as they pick up yet another promising pass rusher for their front seven.

Pick

New York Jets
(from SEA)

Garrett Wilson
Ohio State · WR · Junior

The first wideout off the board, Wilson is able to contribute from Day 1 for the Jets. Many believe he is the surest thing at the position in this year's draft class. That's exactly what the Jets need.

Pick

Washington Commanders

Drake London
USC · WR · Junior

Washington gets a big, physical receiver (6-foot-4, 219 pounds) who can make tough plays in traffic

• Like 2

Travon Walker's film sucks, but his athletic testing was incredible and his interviews must have been something else.  He was a cog in the machine for Georgia, but maybe that's not so damning since the machine was so great?

Feels exactly like a repeat of the Dante Fowler fiasco though.

I just can't imagine watching that Georgia team's season and then coming to the conclusion that Travon Walker is the special one who deserves to go #1 overall.  It's such a bizarre outcome.  He was not even the best Walker on that defense during the season.  He was maybe the seventh best player on that unit.

7 minutes ago, sebestian said:

I am sorry, I forgot you mentioned where you are in the UK.  Should have put 2 and 2 together.  

To me, trade back is a viable option, their is a lot of depth to this draft.  I am in the Hamilton corner if we stay at 11.  But I like London as well.  Hamilton a little better.  To trade down I would have to see the first 8-9 picks and then have my options ready.  I am flexible because I think their gems like C Watson available tail end 1st or early second.  JMO

No worries, hell of a lot of liverpool fans by me anyway. I agree hamilton or london at 11 or try to trade down. This draft is very deep in positions we need. Still mythed about the payne situation but hopefully there is a plan

58 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I have.  Kiper/Mcshay mentioned him in a podcast, so some including me watched him.

Not sure about him, a bit short and slow.  At about that same size, I like Tyler Badie more, he's more explosive. 

I got some others in the late rounds who intrigue more.

If I had to pick two mid to late round RBs IMO that seem the most slept on its Ty Chandler and Jerome Ford.  Both are sort of do it all RBs.  I'll post my list soon.

I know someone here forgetting whom kept pushing Ty Chandler. I watched him a bit later in the process.  But if he slips later into the draft and they haven't taken a RB, he'd be on my short list. 

Love me some Tyler Chandler. :)  He used to be on my wishlist.  Jerome Ford is a bullish runner.  He can take and give the abuse.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

image.thumb.png.797245088ed7636fd5b9c6fae68a3c7f.png

image.thumb.png.cac7105ae461f2d94f941198b15b2e92.png

image.png.42b351416c0085e4386f713e21592a5a.png

image.png.ae81c3ee1b7f845aaa8559b715c9b127.png

There it is. I missed some guys this year because I started late. So there's some names I know I'm missing. But all in all I'm happy with it. Can't wait to look at everyone's lists today.

I am going to start 2023 "scouting" immediately after the draft this year so even if I slack somewhere I won't be as far behind. 

For full disclosure: George Pickens and Devante Wyatt are not on my board. 

At Hybrid I think they really want to draft Lloyd at 11 but won't due to public backlash.

My hopes are they can somehow end out with one of your top 5, To me it is a drop off after that. I am going to need to look at the 2 Hawkins again. I memory serves they were somewhat the same player, more of a box S/hitter.

Problem is they seem to be emphasizing the OL and DL more and more to go with all the needs....biggest of course is weapons.  I am going to keep hope that Wilson or London fall. I like that moved Dotson up  over Olave

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

As an aside, where is the narrative that Travon Walker is a playmaker coming from? I think he's a really versatile and talented DL. Can play 3/5/EDGE. But he had 9.5 sacks and 13 TFL in his collegiate career.

Meanwhile Jermaine Johnson had that amount of sacks +3 this season. Johnson is slept on. 

Johnson is the steady high floor low flash guy. I have him in the same slot as you DE2. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, UK Mitch said:

No worries, hell of a lot of liverpool fans by me anyway. I agree hamilton or london at 11 or try to trade down. This draft is very deep in positions we need. Still mythed about the payne situation but hopefully there is a plan

Oh theirs a plan.  Well see if its the right one soon enough.  Rumor has it that Payne is looking to get paid, handsomely.  If that's the case, trade him and be done with it.  We lose way to many players via the free transfer which makes zero sense to me.  You know what I mean.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, KDawg said:

My predictions:

If it goes down like that.  Assuming Lloyd is off the table with them which I get is this case, I'd want Wilson.  And my next choice would be Hamilton. 

But I am getting the vibe it will be Olave if London is off the board.  Jamson Williams being the wildcard. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

If it goes down like that.  Assuming Lloyd is off the table with them which I get is this case, I'd want Wilson.  And my next choice would be Hamilton. 

But I am getting the vibe it will be Olave if London is off the board.  Jamson Williams being the wildcard. 

Yup. If it goes down that way it's going to be Olave. Not enthused, but wouldn't be mad. My reaction would be, "meh, okay."

I would love if they said Jahan Dotson, though.

They won't. They love Olave. 

We love drafting Ohio State players in the first, too. 

8 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

At Hybrid I think they really want to draft Lloyd at 11 but won't due to public backlash.

My hopes are they can somehow end out with one of your top 5, To me it is a drop off after that. I am going to need to look at the 2 Hawkins again. I memory serves they were somewhat the same player, more of a box S/hitter.

Problem is they seem to be emphasizing the OL and DL more and more to go with all the needs....biggest of course is weapons.  I am going to keep hope that Wilson or London fall. I like that moved Dotson up  over Olave

Johnson is the steady high floor low flash guy. I have him in the same slot as you DE2. 

Pitre might be there at #47.  IF we could come out with London at #11 and Pitre at #47, if they don't trade back, I'd be a very happy man!  :)  

7 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

WIlson is my #2 after London but I think they favor Olave over Wilson.  

31 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

He is stupidly talented.  But I really don't like that he quit on his team.  If you're looking for leadership in you early first round pick, you're going have to keep looking past him.

I can understand seeing it that way. But Chase sat out an entire season and looks like he might go to the hall of fame when it's all said and done. The last two years were just crazy with what was going on apart from sports. I think it is tough to judge young players too harshly here. Stingley had an argument for being the best player on that 2019 LSU team and some of those teammates have graduated and dominated in the NFL. Talent like that is hard to pass on.

But yeah, I can understand where you are coming from. It just feels like one of those picks where you would look back and argue how we should have went with Stingley over XYZ when we had the chance to (if he was available obv.).

• Like 2