Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2022 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander
Message added by TK,

Less than 24 hours before the long wait is over and we know who will be lining up in B&G next season. I don't add much to the thread but read it almost daily. I want to give major props and thanks to both @Skinsinparadise and @KDawg. I enjoy reading their posts and agree with their opinions over 90% of the time. Maybe its a Miami (Canes) or South Florida thing that puts us on the same wave length? Either way salute to both you fine gentlemen.

3 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Anyone on this forum take off Thurs/Fridays for the draft?

half a day tomorrow and taking off the entire day Friday. Mini holiday.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, skinsfan93 said:

We’re picking up the 5th year option on Sweat for $11mil. I like Payne but we can’t pay all 4 guys 15- 20+ mil a year? We got to get a bargain 4th or 5th rounder to play the one technique. It’s the least important position on passing downs. 

I mean…I did explicitly say 10-12 for Payne, not 15+. 

Also the cap will continuously go up. 

Also there are constantly teams around the league performing at the highest levels finding ways around the cap. 

I’m trying to see where the problem is. There are other guys like Kurl that will get paid. But I think maybe we overvalue what that pay out is. I think we are fine. 

11 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

I dont think we would take him at 11.but Burks had a private workout with us.

See, this is an example of needing more info on a guy (likely) whether they like him or not. Given the questions about his work ethic and weight etc you have to get face time with a guy like this to finalize your grade in all likelihood, try to get a feel for his personality and drive. They may love him for all I know, but it could also be an example of using a top-30 visit to flesh out your profiles on guys you’re unsure on, which like I said on the previous page is also very common. A top-30 visit list just isn’t necessarily analogous with a short list of favorites for any given team. 

Edited by Conn

13 minutes ago, Conn said:

lol. Setting aside the merits of the deal…this trade wouldn’t even be legal because we can’t trade our 2023 3rd while it’s wrapped up in the conditional part of the Wentz trade. It’s spoken for until that’s settled at the end of next season. And while it’s 99% likely we’ll have a 3rd round compensatory pick, we can’t actually trade it until it’s officially ours…which also won’t be until next offseason. So this is a failure right from the jump. 

I even checked the date of the post im case this was proposed prior to the Wentz deal. It was not. 🤣

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Every year I try to find what I should call the @Koolblue13 😀 version of the dream TE.  A TE that might not be on everyone's radar but who can block and is fun as heck to watch on that front and might have some sneaky upside as a receiver. 

The forward passing game is for kids. 

3 hours ago, SoCalSkins said:

Just got to Vegas. Super pumped up for tomorrow. Decent amount of Redskins fans here surprisingly. I hope my liver makes it but I’m here with the family so should be ok!

02EAB0B2-E8C1-44CB-88BC-D4C16965DD3A.thumb.jpeg.e7b9c238a6443ec9adddda7091f5cc6f.jpeg

Have a blast. Does your Dad ever post here or is it just you?

• Haha 8

41 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

I think my prediction is that Drake London is taken and we draft Jameson Williams. How do you guys compare him to Waddle and Ruggs as a prospect?

Faster and taller than Waddle, better hands and body control than Ruggs.  But probably less play strength than either of them.

His speed is a super power.  It is absolutely spectacular and it's probably the single most impressive trait of any of the WR prospects.  But he is a very risky pick.  Big red injury flag.  Maturity flag.  Strength flag.

Olave is a super fast kid too and he's a great kid by all accounts.  He's a safer bet.  Metchie is probably a safer bet too as an injured prospect because that dude is already a professional route runner and he's going to get picked a round later than Wilson.

I still think Metchie is being slept on and I am going to keep plugging for him to try and speak him into existence as a Commander.  People recognize that the unbelievably potent Alabama offense really diminished in the Auburn game after Williams got tossed early, and again in the NC game after he got hurt.  But you also saw a big transformation in their offense after Metchie went down in the SEC championship.  You really felt his loss against Cincy in round one.

Metchie was Bryce Young's security blanket.  He was his favorite and most trusted target, and almost every time Young went off script, he looked for Metchie.  The way he took over that Auburn game, lining up across from the best corner in the SEC last year, was breathtaking.  It was Cooper Kupp in the SB type dominance that you don't usually see out of the WR position.  Metchie and Drake London are the two workhorse receivers of the class who you trust to constantly be making something good happen for you and calling for the ball.  They are the guys that I see having 100+ reception seasons and being bonafide #1 options.  If we can't get London then let's get Metchie.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Redskin21502 said:

Less than 24 hours before the long wait is over and we know who will be lining up in B&G next season. I don't add much to the thread but read it almost daily. I want to give major props and thanks to both @Skinsinparadise and @KDawg. I enjoy reading their posts and agree with their opinions over 90% of the time. Maybe its a Miami (Canes) or South Florida thing that puts us on the same wave length? Either way salute to both you fine gentlemen.

half a day tomorrow and taking off the entire day Friday. Mini holiday.

I'm retired so I am fortunate to be able to watch it in full since 2015.  TYJ.  Enjoy the fun begins in less than 24 hours.  

• Like 1

Olave at 11 would be very "meh" to me. If we picked him when more talented/higher upside guys like London, Lloyd, or Hamilton were still on the board to me it would be a replay of the Payne over Derwin James debacle years ago. I'd just facepalm and then have a couple shots. Or 3.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, mistertim said:

Olave at 11 would be very "meh" to me. If we picked him when more talented/higher upside guys like London, Lloyd, or Hamilton were still on the board to me it would be a replay of the Payne over Derwin James debacle years ago. I'd just facepalm and then have a couple shots. Or 3.

I'm WR all the way with the 1st pick but if they bypass London at #11, then I'll feel the same way.  

12 minutes ago, HoggLife said:

I'm on the West Coast. But it's past midnight on East Coast sooooo it is draft day fellas. Are any of you excited?

Stoked!  We wait so long for this weekend and then it ends slowly with the UDFAs trickling in after the draft for the next day or so.  Right now, I'm hyped! :)  By the way I'm almost on the East Coast one state away from it.  LOL

Edited by RWJ

17 minutes ago, HoggLife said:

I'm on the West Coast. But it's past midnight on East Coast sooooo it is draft day fellas. Are any of you excited?

Yes. These are the most enjoyable three days of my year, every year. I’ve been going crazy with anticipation for months.

• Like 1

On 4/25/2022 at 2:13 PM, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Just opened the last page of the thread and didn’t read any of the conversation leading up to this post. We better be talking about Michael Irvin Jordan though. He was push offiest push offer that ever pushed off.

edit: You were. Very good then. Carry on.

Since your statement implies that it covers all sports, I'll just point out that you made a little mistake with the last name. So, I took the liberty of correcting it for you. Irvin is certainly a rock solid second place finisher though.

• Thumb down 1

1 hour ago, mistertim said:

Oh sure, picking Olave at 11 is what's going to induce you to chug a few shots....  OTOH, the facepalm part I buy.

As for Payne, if it's a deep draft in the middle rounds, trade him for multiple 4th and 5th rounders.  Denver has two 4ths and a 5th.  Jets have two 4ths and 5ths.  Then take Jordan Davis at 11 if he's there.  Opportunities at 47 and the picks for Payne to get a LB and WR.

3 hours ago, RWJ said:

Anyone on this forum take off Thurs/Fridays for the draft?

No, but here in the UK coverage starts midnight tonight, I think the first pick is slated for 1am so pick #11 is maybe 2.30am. There or there about. Similar for day 2 the following night but at least we get through the picks quicker.

With that in mind I really would appreciate advance notice if we are trading back with KC as we won’t pick until about 4.30am :rofl89:

Edited by Est.1974
  • Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Panninho said:

Thought we might have a chance but recent reports see him going as high as 2nd overall.

When even NFL cornerbacks are in awe...

Yep I think the talk of him going 3 is looking right. Teams want high potential guys.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Watched Jeremiah tonight who took Olave for us even with Hamilton on the board.  Just listened to McShay-Kiper podcast and McShay seems to think they might lean Olave over Hamilton, too assuming London is gone. 

I think Olave will be an excellent pro and I won’t hate us picking him...however at #11 I’m going to find that a very conservative/safe approach. 

After Wilson, I’ve personally shifted to Dotson, the guy looks damn good to me. I would rather have Dotson at 20 than Olave at 11.

I do think we target one of those two. Mayhew said something about seniors. I think they both are? 

Same applies to Pierce at RB I believe? 

IF we trade back 

Olave/Dotson

Brisker

Beavers

Pierce

I would be very happy with a number prospects of those being selected.

Edited by Est.1974
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

No, but here in the UK coverage starts midnight tonight, I think the first pick is slated for 1am so pick #11 is maybe 2.30am. There or there about. Similar for day 2 the following night but at least we get through the picks quicker.

With that in mind I really would appreciate advance notice if we are trading back with KC as we won’t pick until about 4.30am :rofl89:

I'll do my best to let you know.  :806:

5 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

I think Olave will be an excellent pro and I won’t hate us picking him...however at #11 I’m going to find that a very conservative/safe approach. 

After Wilson, I’ve personally shifted to Dotson, the guy looks damn good to me. I would rather have Dotson at 20 than Olave at 11.

I do think we target one of those two. Mayhew said something about seniors. I think they both are? 

Same applies to Pierce at RB I believe? 

IF we trade back 

Olave/Dotson

Brisker

Beavers

Pierce

I would be very happy with a number prospects of those being selected.

I'd like to replace Beavers with Troy Andersen but I know he will be gone before Beavers but I'll gladly take Beavers.  :)  

• Like 1