Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WFT signs QB Ryan Fitzpatrick to a one-year deal worth $10 million!... Oh, Oh, Oh Fitzmagic... ya knooowwwww!

zCommander

That's too bad he's hurt and is going to miss significant time, but when we were in the market for a QB I wanted us to trade for Minshew or Bridgewater. Bridgewater had some familiarity with our offense from his days in Minnesota when Norv and Scott were on that staff and he made a lot more sense to me than Fitzpatrick. Oh well, Denver got him for a 6th rounder- I'd would've signed on for that in a heartbeat. 

25 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

Somebody, anybody, please tell me that isn't real.

Naw **** that if it’s gonna happen let’s go full Redskins with this ****! Give me that drama. Mainline it into my veinssssss

2 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

I didn't think I'd ever say this, but what about looking into the availability of Nick Foles.

Get out. 

• Haha 8

Right now is showing why it is important that you have a long term solution QB on the roster.  They don't have to be starting games necessarily, but not having the QB you feel is the answer at least on the roster, learning the offense, practicing etc etc.....hurts in the long run.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

Right now is showing why it is important that you have a long term solution QB on the roster.  They don't have to be starting games necessarily, but not having the QB you feel is the answer at least on the roster, learning the offense, practicing etc etc.....hurts in the long run.

The young qb learning the system would have blown out a knee in the pre season …

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

It's funny how we had that last year at this time yet at least half the fanbase was already convinced he was done. I'm sure the Washington fans at this point will either accept immediate pro-bowl like results or the whole QB room is a complete and utter debacle. 

6 hours ago, NickyJ said:

Cam is washed, and more importantly, refuses to vaccinate. Any run-in with Covid makes Cam useless to us.

Not exactly fair, considering vaxxed people are getting Covid as well.

That said, I've hated Cam since the way he behaved after losing the Superbowl, and I don't plan on changing how I feel about him if he comes to DC.   

14 minutes ago, BraveWarrior said:

Not exactly fair, considering vaxxed people are getting Covid as well.

That said, I've hated Cam since the way he behaved after losing the Superbowl, and I don't plan on changing how I feel about him if he comes to DC.   

It is fair. NFL rules literally say that if an unvaccinated player gets Covid, he's out for 10 days. Period. If he's exposed to someone with Covid, he's out for 5 days, regardless of testing.

5-10 days of our starting QB not being on the team? Forget it.

Edited by NickyJ

3 hours ago, slinky said:

we broke...
Joe Theismann
RG-Knee
Alex Smith
Colt McCoy
Dwayne Haskins (we'll he was broken before we drafted him)
Kyle Allen
Ryan Fitzpatrick

why would any QB want to play here when we have someone holding a voodoo doll over our QBs
image.png.b16dcb1ae209b0ed490bf16556b37b27.png

You forgot the all mighty Marc Sanchez :ols: 

And FWIW, this staff knows WAY more about Cam than anyone else. They coulda had him last year, they passed. They coulda already had him this year, & they passed again. Billy B had him for a year & just cut him. They all know what those of you throwing out "sign Cam" don't know. Age & injuries have caught up to him. He's ****ing done.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, TK said:

And FWIW, this staff knows WAY more about Cam than anyone else. They coulda had him last year, they passed. They coulda already had him this year, & they passed again. Billy B had him for a year & just cut him. They all know what those of you throwing out "sign Cam" don't know. Age & injuries have caught up to him. He's ****ing done.

I said the same thing when he was done in Carolina. If Ron is not signing him mean he knows a tad bit more than the fan base here. I didn't want Cam here anyways. I am glad Ron knows best. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

It's funny how we had that last year at this time yet at least half the fanbase was already convinced he was done. I'm sure the Washington fans at this point will either accept immediate pro-bowl like results or the whole QB room is a complete and utter debacle. 

It's funny you bring that up because I was going to offer that up as an example.  At least last season we could kind of make the argument that Haskins was "seen as the possible future" so the other QBs in front of them were just place holders.  If we had "the future QB" on the roster and they were forced into action before they were ready, I could live with taking L's while they learned on the job.  

As it stands right now Fitz is gone for 6-8 weeks (assuming no setbacks) so lets look at this realistically.  If he is out until November, it probably means the only way he comes back as the starter is if Heinecke/Allen either play horrible and/or are so beat up they can't stand.  If the team has a winning record after 8 weeks I don't see Rivera pulling whoever is a starter.  Even if they are 4-4 I would question pulling the starting QB at that point.