Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WFT signs QB Ryan Fitzpatrick to a one-year deal worth $10 million!... Oh, Oh, Oh Fitzmagic... ya knooowwwww!

zCommander

2 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Cam is actually completely washed at this point. He can't play at all. Heinecke is legitimately better than him right now.

yeah i think you just need to roll with TH or K Allen at this point.   I think TH has definitely more potential than K Allen but if they arent the answer then hopefully we can find out next guy next offseason.

This is what happens when you rely on old players.  They have already taken a pounding in the NFL, they are less mobile, and just more prone to injury.  They went down this road with Alex Smith, turned around and did the same thing again.  They were in the process spending all of their draft picks on that  ELITE defense that everybody likes to talk about.  Yep thats the same defense that allowed 14 of 19 3rd down conversions today.  Tied a franchise record.  

1 hour ago, mammajamma said:

It's insane that our last 2 starters both ended their careers here with bad leg injuries

Hmm. Last two starters going into season: Fitzpatrick and haskins. 

haskins didn’t get a bad leg injury. 

and if you’re going off just the last two starters in general, not just to start the season, then that’s Fitzpatrick (today) and Heinicke in the playoff game. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Califan007 said:

And it didn't end his career here lol...

Ha I had very selective memory when I said "last 2 starters". Apparently I swept Haskins out of my memory completely and everyone else we tried to start after Alex went down the 1st time.

But Smith was done after that leg injury. He came back, but when he did he was a shell of the QB he was before it. Zero mobility. So ya, my original comment was factually incorrect hyperbole, but you get the point ha. bad leg injuries (potentially) ruining/ending the careers of our last 2 big-name, veteran QBs

Edited by mammajamma
  • Like 1

Gutted for Fitz. Wasn't expecting miracles, but hoped he would add some dynamics to the offense even with the inevitable stretches of poor play.

I'm seriously sick of hip injuries right now. I suffered a neck of femur fracture last month and am waiting to see how my recovery is going post surgery. Found out this weekend that a good friend of mine has done the same. Unusual given we're 40 or younger. Now our starting QB goes down with a subluxation. **** you, hips!

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

25 minutes ago, my_friend_goo said:

Gutted for Fitz. Wasn't expecting miracles, but hoped he would add some dynamics to the offense even with the inevitable stretches of poor play.

I'm seriously sick of hip injuries right now. I suffered a neck of femur fracture last month and am waiting to see how my recovery is going post surgery. Found out this weekend that a good friend of mine has done the same. Unusual given we're 40 or younger. Now our starting QB goes down with a subluxation. **** you, hips!

So sorry...I live alone in a house with stairs and I freak out all the time.  Hope you both come through it OK. 

2 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

So sorry...I live alone in a house with stairs and I freak out all the time.  Hope you both come through it OK. 

Thanks.

Fortunately I have a very understanding wife and two helpful children. I'm relatively young, fit and healthy so I can manage stairs with a crutch and use a walking frame elsewhere. Certainly would need assistance if I were living alone!

Injuries at that joint are difficult in terms of healing, particularly if the blood supply there is affected. That's what can cause fracture repairs to fail and necessitates replacement. Hopefully Fitz won't have any significant damage there or a fracture. I'm less concerned about his ability to get on a football field again than I am the consequences of the injury to him as a person. 

1 minute ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

How long is “extended time”? Sounds like a vague-*** timeline...expect him back after a few games? At the start of November? Mid October? 

They are speculating since they are still waiting on MRI results. MRI is today. Just gonna have to wait and see. 

4 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Surprised there is not more info out yet.

That’s what makes me think it’s really bad. They say they are waiting fir the MRI but they had one on Griffins knee that night. I’m not sure it’s that difficult for The Washington Football team to make an MRI happen after 4pm on a Sunday honestly. But I guess we will see

4 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

It was a reference to Leno et all posting photos of themselves standing around wearing their Fitzpatrick t-shirts… and then proceeded to hang him out to dry.

I think what @Califan007 was getting at was you worded it as if instead of doing their job yesterday, they were posing for photos in a Fitzpatrick shirt, when the picture being taken on Thursday or Friday (AFTER practice)  has zero affect on what happened yesterday. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I think what @Califan007 was getting at was you worded it as if instead of doing their job yesterday, they were posing for photos in a Fitzpatrick shirt, when the picture being taken on Thursday or Friday (AFTER practice)  has zero affect on what happened yesterday. 

No, but it was no different than when the DL named themselves “capital punishment” or Norman declaring the secondary the “no fly zone” all those years ago. The team buys into their own hype so easily and way more often than not when they do they don’t come close to matching that hype.