Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

Nelson Agholor is gonna be a big time no from me dawg. I remember all the jokes coming from the Eagles fans about his drop rate and not caring about playing football. Eagles decided to just not have an NFL receiver on their active roster last year, instead of paying him.

I'd rather sign a 45yo DJax.

• Like 4

I feel like TE is going to be addressed early in FA. Jonnu would be one of my top target. While most would have Henry as their first or second TE I am thinking Gerarld Everett might be the guy they target as he may come at a lower cost than the other two yet give us the same duel TE threat Turners offense desires. Also feel Jonnu and Everett add more as a blocker. Rudolph would be a great fit but seems like they are looking for a younger option

Edited by DWinzit
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

I still think we could be waiting on the Mariota situation to unfold...

That is my gut feeling as well once released. Well that and I want this wayyy more than hearing the traded for Darnold

57 minutes ago, markmills67 said:

I'm still fuming at giving Scherff 18m (a 3rd of our available Cap Space)

You and me both. I imagine it will alter their FA attack plans

• Like 2

1 hour ago, markmills67 said:

Isn't Norwell a LG? I thought Schweitzer played very well at LG last year. I'm still fuming at giving Scherff 18m (a 3rd of our available Cap Space), and we are only 36 hours away from legal tampering and we have absolutely no idea who we are going to try and sign, oh how times have changed buddy. 

I said a long while back I’d take Norwell at LG and Schweitzer at RG. Just posted in the o-line thread about Charles stepping up to LG, that would be great, Schweitzer to RG, If Scherff is moved on, or is gone in 2022. Options all over the place.

If the tag can’t lead to a LTD for Scherff, I’d hope we are going to trade him....however unrealistic that scenario in practice is.

22 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

I feel like TE is going to be addressed early in FA. Jonnu would be one of my top target. While most would have Henry as their first or second TE I am thinking Gerarld Everett might be the guy they target as he may come at a lower cost than the other two yet give us the same duel TE threat Turners offense desires. Also feel Jonnu and Everett add more as a blocker. Rudolph would be a great fit but seems like they are looking for a younger option

For some random reason, I think we throw cash at Aaron Jones and Hunter Henry. More than likely dodge a bullet by getting outbid. Jonnu would be great, ascending talent is what we should go after. Same with Jayon Brown. I also really think we’ll like JuJu, which would be another polarising move at a fan level.

6 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

I said a long while back I’d take Norwell at LG and Schweitzer at RG. Just posted in the o-line thread about Charles stepping up to LG, that would be great, Schweitzer to RG, If Scherff is moved on, or is gone in 2022. Options all over the place.

If the tag can’t lead to a LTD for Scherff, I’d hope we are going to trade him....however unrealistic that scenario in practice is.

For some random reason, I think we throw cash at Aaron Jones and Hunter Henry. More than likely dodge a bullet by getting outbid. Jonnu would be great, ascending talent is what we should go after. Same with Jayon Brown. I also really think we’ll like JuJu, which would be another polarising move at a fan level.

Schweitzer was a great find and can even move to T in a pinch. That however isn't something we want to see.

What we do want to see is Charles at T and proving reliable there at least as swing if not earn the starting nod. If not he moves to G. While he strengthens our depth without being able to prove his worth a T sucks because LT becomes the weakest link. The good news there is draft depth here that should be taken advantage by the 2nd round. I can however see this nnot having as they address weapons, DB's and LB's.

MLB is what intrigues me the most. Do they go hard at Jayon? Do they go vet leader with Wright on like a 3 year deal? Do they take a chance at a young guy like Morrow or Wilson, or how about a prove it on Roberts or numerous other? 

• Like 3

Graziano and Fowler, both seem typically plugged in

https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/story/_/id/31059175/nfl-free-agency-notes-rumors-last-minute-news-teams-watch-everything-hearing-2021

He's a catch

We're hearing most of the top receivers -- Kenny Golladay, JuJu Smith-Schuster and Corey Davis -- will test free agency, but a few have a chance to re-sign with their respective teams: Nelson Agholor with Las Vegas and Curtis Samuel with Carolina.

With DJ Moore and Robby Anderson hitting free agency in 2022, the Panthers could look to secure more receiver help now. (If they don't keep Samuel, look out for Jacksonville, where new coach Urban Meyer knows him from their Ohio State days.)

Agholor parlayed a one-year flier into a 2020 showcase, serving as Derek Carr's No. 1 wide receiver while rookie first-round pick Henry Ruggs was slow to develop. Agholor returning to the desert is not off the table after he put up 896 yards and eight touchdowns a year ago. The Raiders are poised to secure receiver help somewhere. Smith-Schuster should be intriguing to them.

We expect the Jets to explore signing receiver help, and they've evaluated Will Fuller, Smith-Schuster and Kendrick Bourne, a favorite of new offensive coordinator Mike LaFleur from their time in San Francisco together.

Miami and Green Bay could be in play for former Colts wideout T.Y. Hilton, who caught 56 passes for 762 yards and five touchdowns last season.

...Ronald Darby might have just parlayed a one-year deal with Washington into an extension, as we hear Washington is looking to re-sign him.

Many people around the league are pegging an established vet corner with experience -- think Peterson or Richard Sherman or Xavier Rhodes -- to Las Vegas, which has talent but needs a leadership example on the back end. Raiders defensive coordinator Gus Bradley is just one of Sherman's former defensive coordinators whose teams are looking for help. Dan Quinn, the new Cowboys defensive coordinator, is another. And Robert Saleh, the new Jets coach who was the 49ers' defensive coordinator, is the third. With connections in those three spots among others, Sherman could reunite with a former coach for the final stretch of his career.

The early feedback indicates that Steelers corner Mike Hilton has positioned himself at or near the top of the slot or nickel corner market. His ability to cover and blitz (9.5 sacks since 2017) makes him a seamless fit for a defense that plays heavy zone and brings pressure (think Bears, Packers, Chargers, Falcons or Eagles).

Rams corner Troy Hill, who plays inside and out, will be a factor in the market, as will Cincinnati's Mackensie Alexander, Tennessee's Desmond King and the Jets' Brian Poole.

...Here's what we know about the Bears' tenuous quarterback situation: They are monitoring Russell Wilson developments but have combed the free-agent market for possibilities, too. The plan is to move on from Mitchell Trubisky -- we're told the door is open slightly but a source said the ship has sailed for both parties. The source sounded happy for Trubisky to get out of Chicago after all the heat he took. Now, Trubisky could apply his own heat -- perhaps in Denver as competition for Drew Lock.

Gun-for-hire Ryan Fitzpatrick could make some sense in Chicago as a one-year spark if all other options fail. Andy Dalton, too.

From Cimini

....Recruiting problem: A potential downside to the quarterback uncertainty is how it might affect the Jets' ability to attract free agents, specifically wide receivers and tight ends.

One agent who represents a free-agent wide receiver called it "a concern." Another agent said the QB question would come into play "only after the economics factor," adding it could be a tiebreaker. A third agent said it's important for a free agent to pick a team with a supporting cast that will allow him to thrive, pointing to Le'Veon Bell's decision to sign with the Jets in 2019 as an example of what not to do.

"Careers get killed," the agent said.

Edited by Skinsinparadise

9 hours ago, mistertim said:

Another thing to remember that those stats also aren't just about ego...they will directly impact the WR's next contract as well (this is assuming a guy who's in the 24-28 year old range or so). If they're thinking a 2-3 years ahead they may look at a situation with a poor or iffy QB situation and worry about how it could affect their career trajectory.

It may not necessarily be the first priority on their list, but it's definitely going to be in the mix.

I think it really depends on how big of a stud the WR is. Allen Robinson is a good example. Bad QB play hasn’t affected his career trajectory. In fact, the numbers he’s produced with the hot garbage that has been throwing him the ball may actually be working in his favor regarding getting paid on his next LTD.

From the Pats beat guy.  Seems like the buzz is the Pats and Bills will end up with the two top TEs in the market and all the other teams need to stand out of their way.  Will see. 

https://www.espn.com/blog/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4822434/cam-newtons-contract-shows-patriots-are-not-promising-him-starting-job

2. Henry vs. Jonnu: For a Patriots team that has the fewest receptions (55), receiving yards (673), targets (87) and receiving touchdowns (3) in the NFL from its tight ends over the past two seasons, there is promise in NFL free agency after Hunter Henry (Los Angeles Chargers) and Jonnu Smith (Tennessee Titans) weren't assigned the franchise tag.

Now the question is if the Patriots can land one of them with a big-money deal, and in conversations with front-office personnel around the NFL, there's no clear-cut answer on who would be the better fit.

Among those I spoke with, Smith (6-foot-3, 248 pounds) is considered the better blocker. He's also younger (25), faster and has been more durable.

But Henry (6-foot-5, 250 pounds) is more accomplished and viewed as a superior receiver (196 catches vs. Smith's 114). His injury history, including his time at Arkansas, is a concern as he has never played a full season.

Either would immediately become the No. 1 option for the Patriots, who had 18 receptions from tight ends in 2020, the fewest by any team since the 2016 New York Jets (18).

15 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

imagine if Samuel re-upped with CAR after all this discussion..:rofl89:

Or we enter 2021 with a qb room of TH / KA / montez or a later round QB (or even AS at a reduced cost).  a lot of discussion for a whole lot of nothin

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

Nelson Agholor is gonna be a big time no from me dawg. I remember all the jokes coming from the Eagles fans about his drop rate and not caring about playing football. Eagles decided to just not have an NFL receiver on their active roster last year, instead of paying him.

I'd rather sign a 45yo DJax.

Spoken by someone who clearly didn’t do their research. And two people actually liking this crap is scary too.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, JoggingGod said:

Spoken by someone who clearly didn’t do their research. And two people actually liking this crap is scary too.

Yeah Agholor actually had a pretty good year last year. Just under 900 yards and 8 TDs. I'd take that from my #2 WR everytime.

36 minutes ago, JoggingGod said:

I liked the post because it was correct. YOU clearly didnt do your research:

https://insidetheiggles.com/2019/10/23/philadelphia-eagles-read-nelson-agholors-comments/

At this point, you have to believe the Philadelphia Eagles fan base and Philly’s media is over the whole Nelson Agholor thing. Only time will tell if the Eagles agree, but the writing may already be on the wall.

Agholor wasn’t extended past 2019 during the Spring and Summer. That meant Philly probably wanted to see how he’d perform during 2019’s regular season before moving forward. If that’s the case, things aren’t working out well for ’13’, and at this point, you have to ask yourself if he’s even worthy of being signed by someone else.

Ladies and gentlemen, you may be witnessing Agholor’s final nine games in the NFL. He’s awful. Everyone’s tired of the excuses, and one of his most recent left a bad taste in a few people’s mouths. Throw ESPN’s Dan Orlovsky in that category. Take a closer look at what Agholor said and Orlovsky’s response.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I liked the post because it was correct. YOU clearly didnt do your research:

https://insidetheiggles.com/2019/10/23/philadelphia-eagles-read-nelson-agholors-comments/

At this point, you have to believe the Philadelphia Eagles fan base and Philly’s media is over the whole Nelson Agholor thing. Only time will tell if the Eagles agree, but the writing may already be on the wall.

Agholor wasn’t extended past 2019 during the Spring and Summer. That meant Philly probably wanted to see how he’d perform during 2019’s regular season before moving forward. If that’s the case, things aren’t working out well for ’13’, and at this point, you have to ask yourself if he’s even worthy of being signed by someone else.

Ladies and gentlemen, you may be witnessing Agholor’s final nine games in the NFL. He’s awful. Everyone’s tired of the excuses, and one of his most recent left a bad taste in a few people’s mouths. Throw ESPN’s Dan Orlovsky in that category. Take a closer look at what Agholor said and Orlovsky’s response.

You linked a one year old article. Agholor actually had a pretty good 2020 season with the Raiders.

This team needs to find:

2 WR

2 LB

2 TE

That isn’t all coming from just the draft or just FA...but you sure as hell don’t want to be going into the draft having to find all these things. 

could be signing some mid/lower tier guys as well to fill out the depth chart going into the draft.

WR Cole from Jax could be a guy they take a cheap chance on along with a bigger name at WR. They almost have to get a legit TE in FA. And obviously need at least one legit LB before the draft.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

You linked a one year old article. Agholor actually had a pretty good 2020 season with the Raiders.

Everyone, including people skeptical of Agholor, knows that. There are plenty of reasons to not want a guy despite raw numbers (arguably mediocre production in this case, when you take into account he was the best WR on the roster only contested by a stud TE for targets, buoyed by an unsustainable TD%). Plenty of reasons to be skeptical of Agholor’s breakout that don’t include “didn’t do their research”. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Thats all well and good but it has nothing to do with the original post about the Eagles reasons for moving on from him. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, GhostofAlvinWalton said:

This team needs to find:

2 WR

2 LB

2 TE

That isn’t all coming from just the draft or just FA...but you sure as hell don’t want to be going into the draft having to find all these things. 

could be signing some mid/lower tier guys as well to fill out the depth chart going into the draft.

WR Cole from Jax could be a guy they take a cheap chance on along with a bigger name at WR. They almost have to get a legit TE in FA. And obviously need at least one legit LB before the draft.

Disagree.  1 WR, 3 LB, 1TE.  I am happy with our guys as potential number 3 TEs and think we have to much potential from the young guys at WRs

• Like 1