Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

1 hour ago, PartyPosse said:

Watson going to Philly makes sense since they don't give a damn about morals in that ****ty town.

That's a strong point bro.  Yeah it's taking a shot at a wide range general population and that part isn't sensible but the ramifications of trading for a guy under the circumstances points to a moral question.  So put the narrative on WFT and the biased media in DC would be relentless on a Watson trade.  Essentially there's NO WAY that a guy like that can play there.  He'd be welcome in PHI, NY, or DALLAS (where they have a roster full questionable characters). 

Complete double standards seem to be the new normal in the US these days. 

54 minutes ago, Silvernon said:

Watson to Philly makes a lot of sense. 

Bring it on. I'd wager this defense against a Watson-led offense. 

Watson can't catch his own passes, so we're safe.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, TheShredder said:

I believe McCain signs.  I have posted before he was Captain on D for the Phins and a FS and Stokes highly recruited him when he was in Miami.  With Leno when a player leaves after visiting I think the chances of him signing goes down below 50 % or greater.  JMO.  :)  

Edited by RWJ
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, RWJ said:

I believe McCain signs.  I have posted before he was Captain on D for the Phins and a FS and Stokes highly recruited him when he was in Miami.  With Leno when a player leaves after visiting I think the chances of him signing goes down below 50 % or greater.  JMO.  :)  

Leno had made a couple of visits. I didn’t expect he would sign during his visit today. Still don’t think we’d be considered the favorites to sign him anyway just because we aren’t desperate at tackle and they’ve been getting paid pretty well even late in FA (see Fisher and Villanueva).

Still like our chances better with McCain. We’ll see. 

• Like 1

In a fair competition Leno is not a slam dunk to start over Lucas even if he is signed. Lucas played far better than we give him credit for and Leno, while an adequate starter, is just what that implies-  average (not that anything’s wrong with that).

McCain otoh would be a marginally better FS than we’ve had in quite some time. Which quite frankly says more about the quality of the pplayers we’ve trotted out at the position than it does about McCain’s abilities as a safety.

If we only come away with one addition I’m hoping it’s McCain. the 

Edited by TrancesWithWolves
  • Like 10

35 minutes ago, carex said:

Leno has been a pro bowler, Lucas is a journeyman who started 1/3 of the games he had in his career last season.    I'm satisfied with him, but Leno is an upgrade

Cool, if they sign anyone give me a call in Bangkok, Thanks!

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Edited by TheShredder

8 hours ago, TheShredder said:

Cool, if they sign anyone give me a call in Bangkok, Thanks!

Mind explaining these gifs? I’m trying to figure how these match what you said in conjunction to what you were respond to.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, dyst said:

Mind explaining these gifs? I’m trying to figure how these match what you said in conjunction to what you were respond to.

It's like watching a Tex Avery cartoon (google it youngins).

Don't overthink anything you see because there is neither logic nor reason to be found there.

Just enjoy the crazy outrageous gags and the ingenious juxtapositions.

image.gif.e1c4955921c2294c4446a13e71a05c5e.gif

Edited by TrancesWithWolves
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, carex said:

Leno has been a pro bowler, Lucas is a journeyman who started 1/3 of the games he had in his career last season.    I'm satisfied with him, but Leno is an upgrade

He had a solid year for sure...

• Thanks 1

Playing devil's advocate with Lucas. 

He had the advantage of the Haskins experiment being over. For the offensive lineman who played the whole year their numbers would be dragged down by the games Lucas didn't start.

So, that, coupled with a lot of quick passing, might have us thinking Lucas played better than he did last year.

11 minutes ago, Silvernon said:

Playing devil's advocate with Lucas. 

He had the advantage of the Haskins experiment being over. For the offensive lineman who played the whole year their numbers would be dragged down by the games Lucas didn't start.

So, that, coupled with a lot of quick passing, might have us thinking Lucas played better than he did last year.

Our OL wasn’t as good as their PFF grades and rankings. And I don’t think my eyes are crazy since our coaches obviously thought the same thing. 

• Like 5

Not sure if this goes here, but looking at the Twitter feed side bar and seeing how Junior Galette is whining again over the FA signing of Tebow...it reminds me how happy I am that I've blocked him.  He's really become a one trick pony.  I agree Tebow shouldn't have been signed, I even agree it's a sham that he hasn't been signed.  However, the whole side bar is of him complaining about it.

1 minute ago, Anselmheifer said:

Our OL wasn’t as good as their PFF grades and rankings. And I don’t think my eyes are crazy since our coaches obviously thought the same thing. 

I don't necessarily think our starters were bad, but there was an absolute lack of depth and you saw it any time Moses or Scherff were knocked out of play or shifted on the line to make up for injuries.  We hadn't signed anyone that is a lock for day one starting OL(maybe Flowers), but we needed to definitely address our lack of depth along the line.

• Like 1

With or without Leno, our OL is pretty much stacked. Starters to depth.

What is the best case scenario for this OL, anyway? What happens if Saahdiq Charles comes back 100% and dominates at LT and overtakes not only Lucas and Cosmi, but possibly Leno?

What happens if Charles and Cosmi have an epic LT battle and both are "legit starters" ... I guess you kick one to backup (high end backup) and move one to RT in 2022 and cut Moses?

7 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

With or without Leno, our OL is pretty much stacked.Starters to depth.

With unproven potential. 

I like the way our offensive line looks right now but there isn't much there that's proven elite besides scherff.

• Like 2

Leno would secure up that vet insurance on the line. I would imagine he’ll want very decent money. 

We are in great shape IF both Charles and Cosmi come good. Will know more in 6 months about how good our line is.

• Like 1