Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

1 hour ago, kingdaddy said:

Interesting to see us dealing with Miami, maybe this leads to other deals between the two teams? Miami is said to be looking to move out of the 6 spot, would they take 19, our 2nd, 3rd and a 2nd next year to move? Hello Kyle Pitts??? 

Somebody slap me.

We already have Chase young single-handedly winning games for us why not a tight end also.. I would be so down for this

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

We'd have to trade for Julio right?

Yes 

3 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

I don't know what you give up for a guy like Julio who is 32 about to be 33. Very very few WRs produce at a high level at that age, even Randy Moss declined heavily right at 33. Atlanta is trying to sell high and find a sucker. 

I'd say he's worth a 3rd. But then again my player trade Chart probably isn't the best to go off of.

2 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

I don't know what you give up for a guy like Julio who is 32 about to be 33. Very very few WRs produce at a high level at that age, even Randy Moss declined heavily right at 33. Atlanta is trying to sell high and find a sucker. 

Be hard pressed to get more than a 3rd from me.

Unless we move Brandon that would be absorbing a lot of cash in a very short amount of time

plus Julio will hold out next year to rework his deal for more money if he even remotely performs. ATL caved every time on that front

• Like 1

Scherff must be getting moved on. Flowers at 9mil eats a whole load of our remaining cap space up. Can’t see us paying Scherff twice that amount on a one year rental. 

Unless Scherff is getting a LTD, but I can’t see that.

2 hours ago, skinny21 said:

I have no personal feelings about Fields/Lance (assuming Jones goes #3), but I’m not sure I agree with the best of what’s left attitude - those 3 are ranked in various order by various scouts/pundits/FOs.

I am not a college football fan so I don't know.  But what I do know is that in the past few months the talk on these guys has been all over the place, with Mac Jones at one point being considered barely better than Kyle Trask who has since move out of first round talk all together.  As I remember it, for a while it was Lawrence, Fields, Lance, Jones, Trask.  Then it was Lawrence, Fields, Wilson, Lance, Jones.  Now it's apparently Lawrence, Wilson, Jones, Fields, Lance.  That kind of inconsistency on everyone but Lawrence is making me think none of the other guys may be that good and they're just trying to play up drama and the fact QBs are what drive the league

This kind of back and forth on these guys is making me think of 2011 and Newton, Locker, Gabbert and Ponder

Edited by carex
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, HoggLife said:

I'd say he's worth a 3rd. But then again my player trade Chart probably isn't the best to go off of.

I wouldn't give them a 3rd, not with how we've been hitting on 3rd rounders. Maybe a 4th, even then I would have to think long and hard about it.

Edited by Burgundy Yoda

2 hours ago, NewCliche21 said:

LOL it just reminds me of when I sold my Sega Genesis to someone, then decided I wanted it back, so I bought it from him for $5 more.

We didn't sell the Flowers-mobile, voluntarily.

That car was stolen from us.

Then Miami demanded a ransom for its return, which we gladly paid, like anyone would pay a ransom for a kidnapped family member

Edited by Malapropismic Depository
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, bakedtater1 said:

We already have Chase young single-handedly winning games for us why not a tight end also.. I would be so down for this

If we move that far up, we're taking the next best QB... no way you invest that amount of draft capital for a TE, no matter how good he is.  

• Like 2

Why would any team bad enough to draft top 8 take on Scherff at his cost when he's going to want to get paid again next year.  You only take Scherff if you're an occasionally-injured, pro-bowl RG away from making a SB run.  More realistically, WFT becomes a real contender this year and after making bank this year, Scherff comes to his senses and realizes that with his age and injury history, he's best off playing on a contender for fair money the rest of his career.  Flowers coming back is an object lesson that the grass isn't always greener somewhere else.  (Except California, where we have some fantastic grass; it ain't called the Emerald Triangle for its geology.)