Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

What a list of FA's the Bucs have pending.

Have to wonder if they can sign all of the big ones.

This is just a partial list.

Buccaneers Upcoming Free Agents 2021

1. Chris Godwin, Wide Receiver

2. Lavonte David, Linebacker

3. Shaquill Barrett, Linebacker

4. Rob Gronkowski, Tight End

5. Leonard Fournette, Runing Back

6. Ndamukong Suh, Defensive Tackle

7. Steve McLendon, Defensive Tackle

8. Joe Haeg, Tackle

9. Ryan Smith, Cornerback

10. Antonio Brown, Wide Receiver

3 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

What a list of FA's the Bucs have pending.

Have to wonder if they can sign all of the big ones.

This is just a partial list.

Some are going to be easier than others.  But I doubt they can keep everybody.  Some of those guys are going to want to cash in on the SB.

And we have some cap room, so we might help a couple of them do that.  There are a few of them who would look pretty good in Burgundy and Gold, to be honest.  Id take any of the top 3 on that list. :)

3 hours ago, Blanka said:

I wonder if this is the point in his career he kicks back to FS

Unless I'm missing something, he'd probably still be the best CB on our team if we signed him to pair with Fuller on the outside.  Especially since Darby is a UFA.

• Like 1

On 2/5/2021 at 10:30 AM, JamesMadisonSkins said:

I am admittedly a total cap nerd. Every couple weeks I am inspired to run an exercise on the cap. Here is this week's iteration. 

Combining OTC and Spotrac ... Spotrac has 200m as the expected cap (15m rollover + 185m league cap).

June 1st Cut Smith

Extend Scherff - 4 years - $60m

Extend Darby - 4 years - $40m

Extend Moreau - 3 years - $9m

Extend Pierre-Louis - 3 years - $6m

Extend Hopkins - 3 years - $4.5m

RFA Heinecke - 1 year - $2.3m

Extend Sundberg - 3 years - $3.3m

ERFA K. Allen - 1 year - $850k

Top 51 Salary Commitments: $163m

Top 51 Salary Cap Remaining: $37m

---------------------------------

Draft-Class Salary Pool: $7.3m

In-Season Salary Reserves: $10m

---------------------------------

Remaining Top 51 Salary Cap for FA's: $20m

------------------------------------------------------

Curtis Samuel - 4 years - $38m

Jayon Brown - 4 years - $35m

Gerald Everett - 3 years - $15m

Malik Hooker - 2 year - $8m

Total 2021 Cap Hits: $21m

------------------------------------------------------

That's about the off-season we can expect if we don't add a big-name QB and go the draft route to get the answers.

FWIW, this FA cycle would hit the key hole ... WR, TE, MLB, FS and open up the draft to use assets to get a QB and fill in the rest of the roster.

This is the elite defense / QB market too crazy roster - hits twice at LB and 1 FS, but misses WR/TE at least in FA.  KPL was 3 mill this year and Hopkins 2.5, so I raise those from your values.

Cap space currently - $40 mill

Cuts -  Alex Smith~14.7 mill savings, Bostic has a $3 mill hit. 

$58 available million cap

Re-Ups

G - Brandon Scherff – 4yr-$60 mill ($15mill SB, Salary 5, 10, 14, 16) – Cap Hit Year 1 $8.75mill

LB – Kevin Pierre-Louis – 2yr-6 mill – Cap Year 1 - 2.5mill

CB – Ronald Darby – 3yr /27mill (8 mill SB, 3, 7, 9) – Year 1 Cap hit - $5.667mill

K - Dustin Hopkins – 2yr/5 mill (2, 3) – Year 1 Cap Hit 2mill

CB - Fabian Moreau – 2yr / 6 mill – Cap hit year 1 – 2.5mill

QB - Kyle Allen – ERFA – $850,000 ( I think for year 2 ERFA)

QB – Heinicke – ERFA or RFA…not sure.  Going 2.25 tender for RFA to be high side.

With rule of 51, ~36.5mill remaining.

Free Agents – defense only

S - Anthony Harris/Justin Simmons – Matching Scherff deal – Year 1 $8.75

LB – Jayon Brown –4yr, 36 mill ($10 mill SB, 4, 6, 8, 8 ) – Year 1 - $6.5 mill   

LB – LaVonte David – 3yr/39mill ($10 mill SB, 6, 10, 13) – Year 1 $8.5)

Additions: Add 24 mill to cap (leaves ~14.5 million with Rule of 51). 

Draft:

Defense definitively team strength and here I have a 2 part option.  Trade up for right guy presents itself or stay at 19 and hope that Najee Harris is there.  Teams are going crazy for QBs, so I’m going to go Harris here.

That would leave 2/3/3/4/5/7/7.  Draft picks would be about 7 mill ($8 remaining again rule of 51).

Offense:

Offensive line would be unchanged, 2nd round or later tackle not likely to be immediate upgrade.  LT would be nice, but I don’t see immediate start. 

RB – Gibson / Harris / McKissic.   This would be the focal point for inexperienced QB. 

WR – Here I would add a 2nd or 3rd rounder.  No WR in FA would be disappointing, but this exercise was the elite defense game.

QB –Allen, Heinicke and 2nd/3rd round QB would be mostly inexperience.  Not ideal but this is assuming trade market stays crazy both vets and the draft.

TE – Logan Thomas and ???  Probably Marcus Baugh and a draft pick.

The only real 2021 change here is Harris (which would be big) and an WR draft pick.  Lacks excitement from a 2021 change at QB depending on development of 1 of the 3.

Defense:

DL: No change.  Allen has a 10 mill cap, so could definitely do a long term deal and stay around that 10 mill number.  We’d need to decide of Kerrigan and idk what that contract would look like.  I think he’d test the market and see what would be out there.

LB: Brown and David in the middle to add to current group would be solid.

DB: Same with more experienced FS.  Probably a 4th/5th in here as a depth should be considered.

With the additions above (and I didn’t do all the math here) we’d have ~37 million in cap (edit 2: in 2022) (up to 44 depending on rollover) with about 40 players under contract including Jonathan Allen.  ~10 mill to Payne for year 5 option would leave us at 27mill.  (edit: this isn't true...I didn't count Smith 2022 savings here, which would bump things another 21 mill to 48 mill).  Holcomb/Collins probably have a 60/40 split based on 4/3/4 or 4/2/5.  If Collins doesn't bounce back another 6 to 10 mill could be added 2022.

Edited by jsharrin55
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Some are going to be easier than others.  But I doubt they can keep everybody.  Some of those guys are going to want to cash in on the SB.

It's going to be interesting to see how many are mercenaries that just wanted to ride Brady to the Superbowl and how many are serious about actually wanting to play for Tampa. I certainly don't want any of the former signing for us (Brown, Suh, Gronk etc.)

• Like 1

@jsharrin55nice job taking the time on your roster.

Harris or Simmons along with both David and Brown would be ridiculous. If they could find a way to bring in one of the S and one of the LB's would be awesome.

That would then leave money for one or two other players like a WR and OL or CB or maybe a QB. 

Thankfully there is some draft depth in need areas like WR, OT, RB, S, CB and LB

On 2/7/2021 at 10:41 PM, KDawg said:

Dear Santa,

I want a linebacker for Football.

Thank you,

Dawg

Dear Santa,

I know Micah Parsons has been naughty but can you check that list twice and see if he has been just naughty enough to slide to the WFT and just nice enough to still be draftable??

43 minutes ago, KDawg said:

@jsharrin55i feel like you read my mind. Though, I do think offsetting so many cap hits into the future is a dangerous road to navigate. Otherwise that looks like a plan I’d love forward with!

Future cap hits are tough, but that's why I looked at 2022 a bit.  It will depend largely on if the projected cap bounces back to original projection (something teams hopefully know better than myself).  IDK if I'll find now, but I saw the players association would agree to a lower cap now under the assumption the 3-5 year total is similar.  Base cap this year is projected 180.5 and 2022 is 227.5 or about a 25% increase.  Chase Roullier contract is about 4, 10, 11, 12 or about 2.3, 4.4, 4.4 and 4.4% of cap.  They may not do all deals that way, but it's part of why I structured Year 1 closer to 60% of the subsequent Cap hits.  Keep in mind the guarantees aren't generally big after first 2 year (at least for non-QBs), so there is wiggle room in the future.

If Allen gets extension now, we'd have to consider Payne the following year and Logan Thomas (especially without a replacement) and Cornelius Lucas (a 2nd or 3rd round OT might be able to take over) and MiKissic (with Harris / Gibson a 2022 draft pick is probably best here).  No one outside those 4 would be critical or big numbers and with planning 2, maybe 3 could be replaced with draft pick.  With about 48 million projected here even if we QB fails, we aren't hurting if a 30ish mill option is needed. 

2023 Moses, Ioannidis, Schweitzer, Sweat 5th year option, McClaurin, Holcomb, Moreland....this year certainly looks like the tough one.  We have 180 million projected, so this far out is tough to fully work out without really creating a spreadsheet to track all the hits over time. 

Edited by jsharrin55
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, UK Skins said:

It's going to be interesting to see how many are mercenaries that just wanted to ride Brady to the Superbowl and how many are serious about actually wanting to play for Tampa. I certainly don't want any of the former signing for us (Brown, Suh, Gronk etc.)

Gronk is only going to play with Tom.  

Suh we don't really need, as he plays at a position of stength for us.

Brown is interesting.  He is one hellofa talented guy, and I'd take him at a good price, because if he has his head screwed on straight, McLaurin and Brown are a massively challenging cover.   That said, I kindof feel like Tampa will offer him a contract and he'll take it. 

2 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Our DEs are much better but their DTs are comparable to ours. Amazing what 2 Stud LBers can do from behind that like. I can't wait until it's us.

Thats what I was telling my brother during the game. Our LB's were collectively average on their best day. Give me a David/White type of LB or two, and we would've been legendary 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Our DEs are much better but their DTs are comparable to ours. Amazing what 2 Stud LBers can do from behind that like. I can't wait until it's us.

The best news is that for the first time in forever, I feel like Ron (as head of football ops and HC), the FO and JDR ALL recognize this.  They know exactly what they need.  The might/might not be successful in getting it. That's easier said than done.  But at least we don't have damn fools running around trying to figure out what's wrong and what needs to be done. Ron consistently said they needed better play from the LBs, basically the entire back half of the season.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Thats what I was telling my brother during the game. Our LB's were collectively average on their best day. Give me a David/White type of LB or two, and we would've been legendary 

Our defense is 2 LBers and a FS away from legendary potential.

I think we need a better ground game and the Offense to pull a bit more weight, we're about there.

JDR is one of the best DCs over the last few decades and this is his master piece. 

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

The best news is that for the first time in forever, I feel like Ron (as head of football ops and HC), the FO and JDR ALL recognize this.  They know exactly what they need.  The might/might not be successful in getting it. That's easier said than done.  But at least we don't have damn fools running around trying to figure out what's wrong and what needs to be done. Ron consistently said they needed better play from the LBs, basically the entire back half of the season.  

It's been awful watching some of the best Dline play we've ever had in the B&G and no LBers to thrive in it.

• Like 2