Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

31 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

They’ve got some decisions to make on who they want to bring back.  According to OTC, they have a little less than $30M in space.  I don’t see them losing David or Godwin.

Yes they have around 30 mill, but only 31 players under contract.  20 minimum contracts puts them at about $15mill.  David and Godwin even with low year 1 hits could be a challenge.

image.png.7e7c645b533c09b5286637f9cbaeaa02.png

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

So that means Lavonte David is looking for over 18m per year. Unless linebackers include 3-4 OLBs, then in that case he's searching for upwards of 23m per. 

I want Lavonte David but that's too much. 

https://overthecap.com/position/inside-linebacker/

Same age, so maybe.  IDK if Tampa can afford that.  Certainly higher than I was projecting (although that happens every year).  Guess we'll see if someone gives it to him.

image.png.6dc567b5c741eee1812bf597d492734b.png

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jsharrin55 said:

Yes they have around 30 mill, but only 31 players under contract.  20 minimum contracts puts them at about $15mill.  David and Godwin even with low year 1 hits could be a challenge.

That's damn impressive by the Colts to be that far under the cap and have 64 players under contract. That means their roster is mostly players on their rookie contracts and they went 11-5.

Just now, Burgundy Yoda said:

That's damn impressive by the Colts to be that far under the cap and have 64 players under contract. That means their roster is mostly players on their rookie contracts and they went 11-5.

Cut Alex and Bostic and we're at 64 and 58 mill. And the division (ok not the same as 11-5...haha)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jsharrin55 said:

https://overthecap.com/position/inside-linebacker/

Same age, so maybe.  IDK if Tampa can afford that.  Certainly higher than I was projecting (although that happens every year).  Guess we'll see if someone gives it to him.

image.png.6dc567b5c741eee1812bf597d492734b.png

That CJ Mosley contract is a disaster. Bucs should just go ahead and pay everyone and deal with the consequences in 3-4 years. Kick the can down the road if they can. Their window goes with Brady so they need to construct a win-now roster. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, jsharrin55 said:

Wagner 18mill AAV had initial hit of 15.85 mill, which would already be more then the Bucs effective cap space.

image.png.5a845825681ea997492f64ab98d677f7.png

13 minutes ago, jsharrin55 said:

They can get an extra $6M by cutting OJ Howard.  It’d be tight, but I can see them making it.  Unless they prioritize Barrett over David.

1 minute ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

That CJ Mosley contract is a disaster. Bucs should just go ahead and pay everyone and deal with the consequences in 3-4 years. Kick the can down the road if they can. Their window goes with Brady so they need to construct a win-now roster. 

They can probably restructure, but IDK their roster in a way to guess.  They could extend to push another year.  How much?  guess we'll see, but were talking big numbers for them to push through.

4 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

I kind of hope we do this, but I'm definitely nervous about how we're going to use all that cap space. 

Well, my plan was on the previous page, but if David wants 18+ it's already shot to ****.  Haha

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Bucs should just go ahead and pay everyone and deal with the consequences in 3-4 years. Kick the can down the road if they can. Their window goes with Brady so they need to construct a win-now roster. 

Yep go all in whilst the going is good. High end players would be crazy to leave, rake in a couple of years guaranteed cash and be competing at the top level. No brainer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Yet they don't have a QB that's eating up space and needs to be addressed but maybe that changes since their name has been mentioned in the QB race for a vet as much as the WFT.

Tampa can easily free up a ton of space. I assume Donovan Smith is restructured or cut considering he's 14.5 against the cap or 0 if cut. JPP can be restructured easily, same with Jansen. I don't expect OJ to make the team next year, especially if Gronk is back and Brate is there. 

5 minutes ago, Rskins91 said:

So Orlando Brown apparently is leaving Baltimore because he wants to exclusively play LT... He's 6'8, 340 lbs, and 24 years old. 2x Pro Bowler. I think this is something to consider looking into. 

I had the same thought but he’s not a FA until next year I don’t think. 

@Skinsinparadise 

I’d prefer Allen Robinson and Chris Godwin. If you can’t snag one then Samuels is a decent consolation prize. I wouldn’t be willing to give KG the same $ as AR or CG. He’s a bit of a late bloomer at 27 and has a bit of an injury concern too. He is bad though, I just wouldn’t spend heavy on him, and he already turned down 16M/year supposedly. Idk. 

Godwin has more receptions, yards, and TD’s than Golladay(27) and is 3 years younger (24). He’s my optimum get. Robinson is better than both RN, is 29 and looks to be better than ever. 

I guess you could consider him a Free Agent, in a way. But you know who I would really like, or at least be really curious about, to announce our NFL games ?

Joe Rogan.

I know a lot of people are not fans of him as a UFC announcer, but NFL might be a better fit. And I'm betting he has a lot of knowledge on it.

I'm thinking Play by Play, not the Analyst.

He would definitely add excitement.

@Warhead36 for sure, thats reasonable. An argument can be made for all kinds of convos because we really need two WR if we are being transparent.
So let’s say we shoot for that just for fun:

What combo would you prefer?

Robinson and a Dede Westbrook for 23M

Godwin and Rashard Higgins/Keelan Cole/Kendrick Bourne for 24M

Corey Davis And TY Hilton/Nelson Agholor for 21M

Curtis Samuel and Corey Davis 22M

Juju Smith Shuster and Corey Davis for 25M 

JuJu And Rashard Higgins 22M

Curtis Samuel and TY Hilton for 23M

These valuations are based on sportracs data. 

imo if you don’t get one of the big fish Robinson or Godwin, you should go for two of the smaller ones. Which I’d be totally fine with. What I mean is If you leave it as just adding Samuels or Davis,  we are still talent deficient for the position. We could address it in the draft, however as we know, it’s a crapshoot. 

After this little exercise, man the idea of Mclaurin/Samuels/Davis sounds pretty nice.

Mclaurin/Robinson/Westbrook or Draftee also

Mclaurin/Davis/TY Hilton also.

Mclaurin/Godwin/Keelan Cole too.

Our Offense has been pretty terrible for a min.  We need talent. I would not mind at all really trying to address it. 

Edited by COWBOY-KILLA-