Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

4 minutes ago, redskindan07 said:

Wondering if barring injury, if we are done tweaking the roster or if they will wait on late preseason cuts and scoop someone else up. I think I saw we were somewhere around 13-14 million remaining in cap space

For now I’m guessing they are done, unless maybe there are still discussions going on with Kerrigan. But they will probably keep an eye out for any additional cuts as we get closer to the season and also have a chance to evaluate some of our own guys more. 

The only other positions I could see any sort of significant addition being made at could be tight end (depending on how confident they are in Reyes) and LB where maybe they find someone who could replace or at least compete with Bostic at MLB. 

8 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I believe this is incorrect. He has to clear waivers and someone will sign him off waivers. He’s making the team.

I agree, we'll most likely go with 3 RBs and 3 TEs. He is Pete Hoeners project and I think Rivera respects him enough to let him keep his guy on the roster. 

For what it’s worth, I think I saw a stat that Logan Thomas played a higher percentage of snaps than almost any other #1 tight end in the league. Could just be because we didn’t have much behind him... but maybe they don’t expect the #3 tight end to see the field much so they are OK reserving that slot for a project guy. 

• Like 2

🤔 With ALL the heat Jax is getting over Tebow taking the 90th spot on the roster, I am surprised WFT isn't getting dragged into those hot takes because of Reyes.  I am so sick of the talking heads and their daily fake "indignation".   

I'm paraphrasing, but I heard this at least twice this week. "There is a football player out there who has put in years at the Tight End position who is not getting a chance because of Tebow."

SMH

:229:The Rook

• Thanks 2

I can't help but be excited about this team. We went from a WR room of McLaurin, Inman, AGG, S. Sims and C. Sims, and some random assed UDFAs to McLaurin, Samuels, Brown, Harmon, AGG, Milne, and the Sims. That is some competition. 

Just now, The Rook said:

With ALL the heat Jax is getting over Tebow taking the 90th spot on the roster, I am surprised WFT isn't getting dragged into those hot takes because of Reyes.  I am so sick of the talking heads and their daily fake "indignation".  

There is a massive difference. Tebow got in because of his friendship with Meyer and his name. Reyes got in because of his athleticism, potential, and apparent work ethic. Tebow bombed out initially because he was too stubborn and arrogant to play TE from the outset. He had his chance and blew it, and got hooked up by his college coach. Reyes has never had an opportunity. 

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

I can't help but be excited about this team. We went from a WR room of McLaurin, Inman, AGG, S. Sims and C. Sims, and some random assed UDFAs to McLaurin, Samuels, Brown, Harmon, AGG, Milne, and the Sims. That is some competition. 

There is a massive difference. Tebow got in because of his friendship with Meyer and his name. Reyes got in because of his athleticism, potential, and apparent work ethic. Tebow bombed out initially because he was too stubborn and arrogant to play TE from the outset. He had his chance and blew it, and got hooked up by his college coach. Reyes has never had an opportunity. 

Humphries too.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I believe this is incorrect. He has to clear waivers and someone will sign him off waivers. He’s making the team.

You may be right. And I dont know how I feel about that in all honesty. If it costs us a playmaker that actually plays to keep a project I kind of hate that. 

Sammis is 25 and a part of an NFL development program, he could have been one of those young guys who might have missed his chance to a guy like Tebow. If he takes 2-3 years to learn TE, he'll still be south of 30 and could put in near a decade of good work. Tebow is a 33 year old who has already had his chance. Even if his second chance works out, he only has a couple of years at most.

41 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

You may be right. And I dont know how I feel about that in all honesty. If it costs us a playmaker that actually plays to keep a project I kind of hate that. 

you got to leave at least five people in street clothes every week anyway

1 hour ago, clskinsfan said:

Which playmaker would you be concerned with losing? Adam Humphries? Peyton Barber?

5 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Which playmaker would you be concerned with losing? Adam Humphries? Peyton Barber?

I am thinking along the lines of Cam Sims or Isaiah Wright. Guys that actually contributed last year and have no chance of making it to the practice squad. Although our argument is kind of pointless right now. Someone is going to injured in camp. It happens every year. And they actually made a pretty substantial offer to him. He is guaranteed $375K if cut. So I agree with you. It is likely he makes the squad. 

13 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I am thinking along the lines of Cam Sims or Isaiah Wright. Guys that actually contributed last year and have no chance of making it to the practice squad. Although our argument is kind of pointless right now. Someone is going to injured in camp. It happens every year. And they actually made a pretty substantial offer to him. He is guaranteed $375K if cut. So I agree with you. It is likely he makes the squad. 

This is really only relevant if we keep 4 TEs which seems unlikely. Otherwise the only guys he’s taking a spot from are alternative options for the 3rd tight end spot like Deon Yelder or Temarrick Hemingway. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Darth Tater said:

Sammis is 25 and a part of an NFL development program, he could have been one of those young guys who might have missed his chance to a guy like Tebow. If he takes 2-3 years to learn TE, he'll still be south of 30 and could put in near a decade of good work. Tebow is a 33 year old who has already had his chance. Even if his second chance works out, he only has a couple of years at most.

Everyone's going to want to hit Tebow.  No one's going to want to hit Reyes*.

*By hit Reyes, I mean get trucked by the Chilean relleno.  All he needs to do is be a capable blocker and be able to catch the ball after blowing his man up.  The rest of it will come.  Bates and Reyes can give us the heavy jumbo package with Spud Patterson reprising Riggo as the Tonka.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, GothSkinsFan said:

Everyone's going to want to hit Tebow.  No one's going to want to hit Reyes*.

*By hit Reyes, I mean get trucked by the Chilean relleno.  All he needs to do is be a capable blocker and be able to catch the ball after blowing his man up.  The rest of it will come.  Bates and Reyes can give us the heavy jumbo package with Spud Patterson reprising Riggo as the Tonka.

The bigger question for me is how will Reyes deal with getting blown up? Yeah. He's a big dude. But so is everyone else in the NFL. He is gonna get stuck and stuck hard. Tebow and Thomas are both ex QB's and know what getting jacked up feels like. Reyes? Nope. 

Edited by clskinsfan
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, clskinsfan said:

The bigger question for me is how will Reyes deal with getting blown up? Yeah. He's a big dude. But so is everyone else in the NFL. He is gonna get stuck and stuck hard. Tebow and Thomas are both ex QB's and know what getting jacked up feels like. Reyes? Nope. 

Do guys even get blown up anymore lol I hear you though, will be interesting to see how responds to live hitting.

Seam route only in year 1 works for me though. 

5 hours ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

It's going to be real interesting what we do with the McCain/Collins/Curl trio. Im wondering if McCain essentially spells the end of Moreland being on the field and we somehow do a 3 safety defense?

I think just about everybody the team keeps on defense will see the field in some capacity this season.

We fans like to get so caught up in who is "starting", when that is so unnecessary in today's NFL.

I think Moreland will see the field plenty this season. Whether it is in different packages or just to spell others in relief, he will see the field a lot.

I dont understand this Tebow situation, but maybe I havent been paying attention and don't know th details.  Is he is only making the team because he knows the coach?  They don't actually expect him to play?  If he makes the team because he knows the coach but still plays well, is it still a mistake?  Or is he guaranteed to fail, so it's already predetermined to be a mistake and that's why people are upset?  Not sure what is inherently unfair or incorrect about it until it actually fails miserably, no matter how likely that might be.  But, again maybe I am missing something.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, clskinsfan said:

Thats my concern. Football is a lot of fun until you get blind sided reaching to catch a pass over the middle by a mack truck. Then the gator arms become instinctual. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, terpfan said:

For now I’m guessing they are done, unless maybe there are still discussions going on with Kerrigan. But they will probably keep an eye out for any additional cuts as we get closer to the season and also have a chance to evaluate some of our own guys more. 

The only other positions I could see any sort of significant addition being made at could be tight end (depending on how confident they are in Reyes) and LB where maybe they find someone who could replace or at least compete with Bostic at MLB. 

I agree with still bringing in Kerrigan or a June 1st cut there.

I could still see a TE but am having a harder time seeing that as they have a lot of competition there now.

I get the woozy feeling they are sticking with Bostic for the coming year

I could still see a workhorse type RB be a possibility