Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

17 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

I think a QB in the 3rd is a waste. Just load up the roster and find a veteran or make a big trade up for next year. Still eyeing Aaron Rodgers. And to that end, a move back to add pics next year, couldn’t hurt. 

I think it depends on the prospect. We have two 3rd round picks so if a high upside guy like Mond or Newman is there when we pick, I'd be fine with it. 

Rodgers next year will probably cost us two 1st rounders and players as well I'm guessing. If we truly think he can play for another 5 years then I'd be ok with it. But we shouldn't assume that every guy is going to be an immortal like Brady. We could get burned badly there.

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 3

27 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

I  like my order more betterer :806:

I long gave up on the idea of moving up for a QB. I believe that will come in the 3rd round. 

My gut is day one and two end up like this-LT, LB, QB, TE then probably DB or RB in the 4th

EDIT:Speaking of free agency, lol, it sure would be nice if they filled on more hole soon!

Nah, he wants Mac "Big Naturals" Jones at 19.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I think it depends on the prospect. We have two 3rd round picks so if a high upside guy like Mond or Newman is there when we pick, I'd be fine with it. 

Rodgers next year will probably cost us two 1st rounders and players as well I'm guessing. If we truly think he can play for another 5 years then I'd be ok with it. But we shouldn't assume that every guy is going to be an immortal like Brady. We could get burned badly there.

Mond is really the only QB that interest me other than Trask in the 3rd round.  Really like Mond but Trask would be ok if we spend a 3rd on him too.

22 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

I think a QB in the 3rd is a waste. Just load up the roster and find a veteran or make a big trade up for next year. Still eyeing Aaron Rodgers. And to that end, a move back to add pics next year, couldn’t hurt. 

Perhaps. Davis Mills would be the exception for me though I think he is going in the 2nd.

• Like 1

Now we have Fitzmagic I'm coming round to the idea of a developmental QB in the 3rd or 4th round. The worry was that he wouldn't get the chance to sit and learn but now that's been addressed let's do it. If he fails we're just back where we are now next year anyway.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mistertim said:

This is a bit odd to me. Cam is an utterly mediocre receiver who's main attribute is that he's really big. He runs mediocre-to-poor routes, has 50/50 hands, and doesn't get much separation on his releases. We've literally released him 3 times only to sign him back after not being able to find anyone better. He's a fringe player at best. Why would he suddenly become something now?

Cam played well with Heineke last year. Yes he had some drops. But when he was given some chances with 50/50 balls he did his job. He either caught the ball or prevented the DB from catching it. 

1 hour ago, mistertim said:

I don't get the fascination with randomly turning WRs in to TEs. Harmon is already somewhat slow. You want a 6'2 215lb guy to add up to 30lbs to his frame on top of that? Does anyone really expect him to be able to actually play like that?

Not sure there is a “fascination” with it, Keim mentioned it may be something they look at doing but ultimately that’ll be down to Rivera and co who will see him in practice every day

They're not daft they’ll know that a change of weight will bring with it a certain dip in speed, but it will also mean he can block more effectively and he seems to have good hands

8 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Cam played well with Heineke last year. Yes he had some drops. But when he was given some chances with 50/50 balls he did his job. He either caught the ball or prevented the DB from catching it. 

Yeah he was ok. I mean, he's not absolutely awful. But I don't see a reason why we'd think he'll suddenly make a jump from a 5th or 6th WR to a true #2 and light it up. That's why we have Samuel. I think Cam will probably get more chances with Fitz in there, but I still don't see him being more than a depth guy.

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 1

We should trade our 2nd for 2 3rds this year.  We should then trade our 4 thirds for 4 seconds next year.  Next year we should trade our 4 seconds, since we always screw up in the second anyway, along with our first to move to move up in the first to get a good QB.  Or, if no good QB's come out trade our 4 2nds for 2 first the following year and move up in the draft for that year to draft a good QB.  If we can only turn the fact we cannot draft in the second round into an advantage we will win the Super Bowl.

• Haha 4
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, mistertim said:

Yeah he was ok. I mean, he's not absolutely awful. But I don't see a reason why we'd think he'll suddenly make a jump from a 5th or 6th WR to a true #2 and light it up. That's why we have Samuel. I think Cam will probably get more chances with Fitz in there, but I still don't see him being more than a depth guy.

Wasn't he talking about a QB?

6 minutes ago, DefinitelyMaybe said:

Not sure there is a “fascination” with it, Keim mentioned it may be something they look at doing but ultimately that’ll be down to Rivera and co who will see him in practice every day

They're not daft they’ll know that a change of weight will bring with it a certain dip in speed, but it will also mean he can block more effectively and he seems to have good hands

I wasn't necessarily talking about you individually. I just meant that I've seen it here a lot. A WR we get won't really impress and suddenly people will say "Well, let's move him to TE". Maybe it's because of the whole Niles Paul thing? I've recently seen it said about AGG as well. Just seems completely arbitrary to me...as if anyone can just add 20-30 lbs and you can plop them in at a completely new position and they'll suddenly thrive.

4 minutes ago, gooseneck said:

We should trade our 2nd for 2 3rds this year.  We should then trade our 4 thirds for 4 seconds next year.  Next year we should trade our 4 seconds, since we always screw up in the second anyway, along with our first to move to move up in the first to get a good QB.  Or, if no good QB's come out trade our 4 2nds for 2 first the following year and move up in the draft for that year to draft a good QB.  If we can only turn the fact we cannot draft in the second round into an advantage we will win the Super Bowl.

giphy.gif

4 minutes ago, jsharrin55 said:

Wasn't he talking about a QB?

Yeah that was my bad, I quoted the wrong post.

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, justice98 said:

Agreed. 

Personally, I dont love Samuel as the #2 on the outside.  I think he's best as a primary slot guy that can sometimes move around. 

I might be underestimating him, but I've never been a fan of bringing in people who excelled at one thing, but making them do something else. I would like to use him how he was used in Carolina, behind Moore and Anderson.  He's the #2 now by default, not necessarily because that's what he should be, IMHO.

He’s not going to be used as a boundary receiver. Even with Humphries.

So if we can get this receiver deal over the line, what else we thinking pre draft?

Re-sign Kerrigan if he gets nothing elsewhere.

Free Safety - take a look at Malik Hooker, if the pukes don’t bite, keep Boston on hold for now.

Monitor the TE situation in Philly and Tampa.

Was the Trai Turner link true/false. OTs look overly expensive in a stacked draft.

I’d be all over CB Steven Nelson.

LB looks bleak pre draft.

• Like 3

I'm curious about the Boston situation. Several reports seemed to suggest he would sign after the draft if we didn't draft a safety but who would sit around on the off-chance that things worked out that way. Why not sign somewhere more definite now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mistertim said:

This is a bit odd to me. Cam is an utterly mediocre receiver who's main attribute is that he's really big. He runs mediocre-to-poor routes, has 50/50 hands, and doesn't get much separation on his releases. We've literally released him 3 times only to sign him back after not being able to find anyone better. He's a fringe player at best. Why would he suddenly become something now?

I can see the argument that he needed extra time to develop given his lack of experience in college.  Given what he showed last year, I think there’s a chance he could become (is ready to become) a decent or better #2.  With that said, the odds are against him.  And if he somehow took the starting gig this year and produced/proved himself, I’m still probably in favor of letting him walk.  We have too many others to pay in the future and he might net us a comp pick.

1 hour ago, Florgon79 said:

I don’t get the hate for Cam. Last year was his first real year and he dropped three balls on 49 targets. The only thing that’s 50/50 is the love hate relationship for him.

That’s a good stat for him, I hope he keeps improving and proving himself.  With that said, for whatever reason, he had Inman starting ahead of him, Harmon ahead of him in 2019 (along with Richardson) and there’s a reason AGG and Wright got a good amount of snaps.  With that said, given he was set to be a FA, it made sense to try out the youngsters, and you could argue a vet like Inman gave coaches a chance to show the others - “here’s what we want from you” (in terms of prep, route running, blocking or whatever, not production obviously, lol).  But he earned snaps, showed some good things, and was tendered... all good signs for him.

I hope Humphries, if he’s signed, is just to a 1 year deal.  Another chance at a comp pick, we could do with limiting future cap expenditures, and I imagine we land a good receiver in the draft.  The hope being he plays well, provides a transition to a rookie, earns a pay day and nets us a comp pick the year after.  JMO of course.

I am interested to see if Cam Sims develops at all this off season. He did have a couple real nice games in the second half of last season and he may have made "the play" to save our season with that huge 3rd and long conversion in the Steeler game. I'm optimistic he might turn into a decent #3 next year behind McLaurin and Samuel.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, UK Skins said:

I'm curious about the Boston situation. Several reports seemed to suggest he would sign after the draft if we didn't draft a safety but who would sit around on the off-chance that things worked out that way. Why not sign somewhere more definite now.

I would suspect he has limited options and/or teams will be in a similar hold pattern to us. Or he wouldn’t be interested in a potential back-up role.

2 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

But you may be on to something....If Logan Thomas can convert from QB to a top tier TE, then someone like Harmon or another guy we discover can possibly to the same. Darren Waller of Vegas is a converted WR to TE and he's a pro bowler. Maybe we have a second TE in house? Harmon is listed as 6'2, 215 so he'd have to put on some weight and gain some strength I'm guessing. Thomas is 6'6, 245.....Pat Friermuth is listed as 6'5, 260....

AGG is 6'4 225lbs.  He seems to be a better TE candidate.

• Like 3