Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

If we have just a half decent draft, this season will be exciting for us.

3 minutes ago, FrFan said:

Bengals fans

"We are paying Awuzie and Hilton $13M/yr combined while WJ3 is getting $14M/yr...
I like this for us. "

WjIII 3 years @ $42 million?
Glad we didn't make that deal.

Well, ya get what ya pay for, Bengals fans.

You may have saved a lot of money. But you downgraded in the process.

Sticky man coverage corner is such a nice fit for this roster. Really helps prevent the dink and dunk to avoid our pass rush. As much as I like the player, the fit seems even better.

CB is certainly one of the positions I would have been cool w/ a reclamation project given our D-line, but I wont complain about getting a quality guy.

We still have several holes to fill, but the roster is rounding out quite nicely.

WR has to be soon.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

If we have just a half decent draft, this season will be exciting for us.

Well, ya get what ya pay for, Bengals fans.

You may have saved a lot of money. But you downgraded in the process.

Time will tell, in the mean time I hope he will deliver on the field.

1 minute ago, FootballZombie said:

Sticky man coverage corner is such a nice fit for this roster. Really helps prevent the dink and dunk to avoid our pass rush. As much as I like the player, the fit seems even better.

CB is certainly one of the positions I would have been cool w/ a reclamation project given our D-line, but I wont complain about getting a quality guy.

We still have several holes to fill, but the roster is rounding out quite nicely.

WR has to be soon.

Having a QB that can live on an island against some of the best WRs is huge. Especially with the Eagles probably drafting one very high, Giants rumored to be going after Golladay and Cooper in Dallas.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, FrFan said:

Time will tell, in the mean time I hope he will deliver on the field.

Yea, I'm fine with overpaying at that position. We were a bit desperate for a #1 corner, and in today's league you need 3 solid corners.

And we did very well, filling that need ; young player, with just enough experience to show that he's proven himself. Great instincts and high football IQ. Seems very mature.

Havn't found anything that I don't like about him, so far.

And now we don't have to hope on, or depend on a draft pick rookie - at a position that's difficult to adjust to, as a rookie in the NFL

Edited by Malapropismic Depository
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Well, maybe one more big name FA and I am all in for Samuel.  

I’ve been the same on Samuel for a long time, but I really don’t think he’s worth 10mil plus per year.

I’ll risk looking stupid, again, by reverting back to my original stance being 8mil per year should be his max contract level. 

Just now, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

I’ve been the same on Samuel for a long time, but I really don’t think he’s worth 10mil plus per year.

I’ll risk looking stupid, again, by reverting back to my original stance being 8mil per year should be his max contract level. 

I do and the reason is he is a swiss army knife type player, 74.  He lines up and is used as a RB.  He can be used interchangeably with Gibson or at the same time giving them 2 threats at RB and he can be used in the slot and as a WR 2.  Just think highly of him and what he can bring to the team.  :)

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, RWJ said:

I do and the reason is he is a swiss army knife type player, 74.  He lines up and is used as a RB.  He can be used interchangeably with Gibson or at the same time giving them 2 threats at RB and he can be used in the slot and as a WR 2.  Just think highly of him and what he can bring to the team.  :)

Samuels opens up a nightmare scenario for defenders and diagnosing pre-snap with motion...he's a nobrainer.

• Like 4

Good lord. I thought Trent was bordering on washed 2 years ago. I wonder how flexible that contract is, cause if they’re really locked into him for 4 years or more, yikes. 

but yeah, it was always about the money. Like everyone on here said. I don’t blame him for that, but the way he did it was very scuzzy. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, CTskin said:

and rushing stats? Samuel is a weapon everywhere.

would I prefer golladay, of course, but with $30m already spent, we’re not in the position to make that kind of splash. 

I heard the jets were fielding calls about Cj Moseley, I hope we’re one of the teams calling. 

I don't feel that we should overpay for a gadget player. I think there are better options available than Samuels. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DefinitelyMaybe said:

Are we now struggling on the cap front for a top level wide out?

We're definitely not as flush as we were. It depends on how the contracts are specifically laid out. I think I read someone post that we have about 18m left and that includes keeping 7 free to sign rookies.

Be nice if they could hammer out that LTD with Scherrf. Mind you, I think we need to carry cash over to next year. We're going to have some rookie contracts expiring and we need to think about re-signing some of our own.

• Like 1

I like both signings so far, outside of Stafford and Winston I think Fitz is the best QB for the situation we are in.

Thrilled we let Darby go and replaced him with a better player, I was so nervous we would panic and sign him long term.  We needed a true CB1 and it seems we now have one.

• Like 2

They are talking about this now on 980.  Bruce's parting gift for the franchise is blowing the Trent trade where we could have gotten more trade value but didn't out of spite.  PFF if I recall rated Trent the best LT in the league last year, he hasn't lost a step.  I get them wanting to move on but we should have gotten more for him than a third and change. 

7 minutes ago, max21 said:

So linebacker and receiver are now the biggest needs? Jayon brown still out there?  

Brown is still out there. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise

2 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

Samuel is going to cost a bit. Nature of FA and WRs are the hot position this year.

I posted earlier last week that we should be targeting John Ross.  Giants got him for a really cheap price tag....he would have been good with Fitzpatrick.

But one sneaky signing that could be the ultimate boom or bust is Antonio Brown.  He could be a total nut, but we now have a QB who can spread it around.

• Like 1