Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Pay the Man!!

gooseneck
Message added by TK,

Keep the politics OUT of this thread & the Stadium in general. If you want to discuss Heinecke's Twitter, take it to the Tailgate forum. Failure to do so may result in a Rule 18 violation. What's Rule 18? Go look it up. :) 

16 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Heinecke is a baller. He isn't afraid of the moment. 

Save the money you would otherwise spend on a guy like Stafford, get him a legit left tackle and some receivers and watch him go.  

I like our oline

I would just try to find depth and Allen Robinson

10 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

People are already posting crazy contract numbers, I'm not surprised lol. He's been in this offense for a long time and is very comfortable in it, he has durability issues, and definitely lacks arm strength. He's a little better than Kyle Allen but not by much, people need to chill on him a little bit. I was still impressed though. 

I don’t get where people are saying he lacks arm strength. Throws a very nice long ball, seems to be able to make all of the throws.

Kid is a baller.  Was dropping dimes out there in a playoff game against a solid defense.

Can you imaging the outcome if it was Dwayne Haskins out there?

Arm strength is overrated.  90% of the game is mental.  Make the right read, hang tough in the pocket and throw a catchable ball.  Drew Brees has done that for over a decade.

1 minute ago, Koolblue13 said:

It's Turner that has given him the shot and brought him around the NFL with him. Heinicke isn't going anywhere. We've got our QB! 

I'd definitely still try and draft Lance though.

We'll have to trade up for Lance, but he's really interesting and we have the pieces in place to let him prepare on the bench for a while.

Mac Jones could be had at 19. 

2 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Was that the most yards by any QB this season, for us ?

Not quite. Smith had nearly 400 yards against Detroit.

But yeah, I'm excited about Heinicke. I'm also excited about Kyle Allen. The latter had over 3,300 yards in 13 games last year. Early indications are that both of them have durability issues, so both may be required. But we do have both.

Heinicke

48 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Let the air out of his tires in the parking lot, if you have to !

Get that grandma from the commercial to stab his tires...

Seriously though, Snyder has little interest in Heinicke.  He wants to pick his own brand new QB in the first round, not roll with some undrafted kid that Rivera has been coaching on and off for a few years. 

Besides that, Heinke is not Snyder's type.

7 minutes ago, Tarpon75 said:

I don’t get where people are saying he lacks arm strength. Throws a very nice long ball, seems to be able to make all of the throws.

I think his ball lacks elite velocity and I don't think he can sling it in whacky positions like Mahomes and Rodgers.  But he clearly compensates for it with great reads, anticipation, and timing.  There may be things that he can't do compared to the freakish elite QBs, but clearly there are lot of things he can do really well and he kept us right in it on a day when GOAT was on his A game.  You can win with Heinicke and you can't ask for much more than that.  I would be most concerned with his ability to toe the line between playing fearless and protecting himself.

1 minute ago, Tsailand said:

Heinicke

Get that grandma from the commercial to stab his tires...

Seriously though, Snyder has little interest in Heinicke.  He wants to pick his own brand new QB in the first round, not roll with some undrafted kid that Rivera has been coaching on and off for a few years. 

Besides that, Heinke is not Snyder's type.

And he's more than welcome to draft a QB. I think most of us are in agreement that we should. 

But it's time for football people to make football decisions with a new GM coming in. 

23 minutes ago, Tsailand said:

Snyder understands hype, and the hype around Heinicke tonight is huge--the most (positive) publicity the WFT has gotten in a long time. I'm pretty sure Snyder won't block him from being in camp this spring.

At this point, it seems like there's at least a decent chance the WFT doesn't draft any QBs this year.

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

No need to pay him. Bring him back to compete. Im not sold on him as a long term answer due to his physical limitations but hes at least a good bridge guy. Keep stocking up the roster. 

Physical limitations??? This dude was whodini in the pocket diving 6 yards through the air towards the pylon & scoring **** YOU MEAN???

2 hours ago, Bacon said:

What makes you think he lacks arm strength? If anything, he scorched a few passes that required more finesse. 

I'd say he has a decent arm, definitely not below average. 

He made no killer errors and was able to move on from the only big issue of the night (an interception that was not totally on him) on a big stage. His receiver dropped a big pass and he didn't lose faith in him. What should have been his best friends, the running game and dumps to his RBs, was not there all night; he did not crack. His TD run reminded me of another unknown QB we had who went on to a decent career (though not for us).

Archived