Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Pay the Man!!

gooseneck
Message added by TK,

Keep the politics OUT of this thread & the Stadium in general. If you want to discuss Heinecke's Twitter, take it to the Tailgate forum. Failure to do so may result in a Rule 18 violation. What's Rule 18? Go look it up. :) 

2 minutes ago, dckey said:

I'm talking about decisions the team made, like who you would start or who you would draft.  It's your opinion

That literally refers to everyone, though....because it’s a messageboard. Good lord this is the silliest conversation i think I’ve ever been a part of on here. 

15 minutes ago, TheShredSkinz said:

U let him walk?? What's ur price??

I'd give him  3 years 10 mil  3 guaranteed

1 minute ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

That literally refers to everyone, though....because it’s a messageboard. Good lord this is the silliest conversation i think I’ve ever been a part of on here.

Exactly!!!   This is extremeskins and you basically stated I was wrong for my opinion that Haskins was given the job and he didn't earn it!!!

1 minute ago, dckey said:

Ok Sorry I need hooked on Phonics 🤣🤣🤣

My point wasn’t that you’re wrong about your opinion, my point (which is pretty clear) is the FACT is that rivera felt he earned it, regardless of the way it was earned). That’s different than saying “your opinion is wrong”. 

1 minute ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

My point wasn’t that you’re wrong about your opinion, my point (which is pretty clear) is the FACT is that rivera felt he earned it, regardless of the way it was earned). That’s different than saying “your opinion is wrong”. 

Ok, that would make sense if I said that Rivera felt he didn't earn it.  I never stated anything about Rivera.  All I stated was he didn't earn it

5 minutes ago, TheShredSkinz said:

Mariotta 

Taysom Hill

Chase Daniels

All of them have proven themselves before they got signed and in my opinion I would not have signed Chase to that contract.  Mariota took a team to the playoffs and won the game

He 

Taysom Hill is a Gadget guy, I don't think he got paid just for backup QB.  His contract is more of a total compensation for TE, RB and QB

He got 16 million for one year because they hoped he would be able to take over from Drew, but he hasn’t proven Jack squat yet. Dude is trash and I guarantee he never makes that money again. But that’s besides the point. He, like Chase, proved nothing.

4 minutes ago, TheShredSkinz said:

None of them have ever looked as good as TH did last night ....and yes ,extra credit for primetime playoff games vs the goat after being on the team for a month.

Disagree, Mariota had a couple great games and led his team to a wild card victory before.

7 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

He 

He got 16 million for one year because they hoped he would be able to take over from Drew, but he hasn’t proven Jack squat yet. Dude is trash and I guarantee he never makes that money again. But that’s besides the point. He, like Chase, proved nothing.

Don't think he would have gotten that money just as a pure backup.  Think he got that money because of his usage on Gadget plays.  As far as Chase, I don't understand how he makes as much money as he does!!!

50 minutes ago, dckey said:

You don't hand the keys over to a Franchise on 1 game either

I'm talking about decisions the team made, like who you would start or who you would draft.  It's your opinion

This franchise has a PISS POOR record of doing ANYTHING remotely smart regarding choosing QB and so now the fan base wants to continue the QB carousel because it’s all they’ve known.  Don’t overcomplicate this!  What do we have to lose????,,

1 minute ago, -JB- said:

This franchise has a PISS POOR record of doing ANYTHING remotely smart regarding choosing QB and so now the fan base wants to continue the QB carousel because it’s all they’ve known.  Don’t overcomplicate this!  What do we have to lose????,,

This is exactly what we've done every year!!!!  Fans of this team have been enamored with any qb that looked good for an occasion or two.  Cult of Brennan, Gus Frerotte, Chase Daniels, Kirk Cousins, anytime we saw some resemblance of good qb play we want to give them all the money and make them our franchise qb.  How about we chill and watch the young kid work in the off-season and have a real qb competition with Kyle Allen and whoever else they bring in.  Just a question would you choose him over Mathew Stafford if you could get him?

6 minutes ago, dckey said:

This is exactly what we've done every year!!!!  Fans of this team have been enamored with any qb that looked good for an occasion or two.  Cult of Brennan, Gus Frerotte, Chase Daniels, Kirk Cousins, anytime we saw some resemblance of good qb play we want to give them all the money and make them our franchise qb.  How about we chill and watch the young kid work in the off-season and have a real qb competition with Kyle Allen and whoever else they bring in.  Just a question would you choose him over Mathew Stafford if you could get him?

Not fair to lump Cousins in that list. He played at a very high level for three seasons(2015-2017)and we let him walk. This past year he was top 10 in just about every QB statistic.

12 minutes ago, TheShredSkinz said:

U kiddin me??

I wouldn't take him over Heinicke right now, but He did it, look at his record.  He took the Titans to the Wildcard and beat the Colts.  He also ran for 100 yards in that game.  Problem was he couldn't stay healthy.

Just now, Warhead36 said:

Not fair to lump Cousins in that list. He played at a very high level for three seasons(2015-2017)and we let him walk. This past year he was top 10 in just about every QB statistic.

I'm not saying Cousins wasn't good or deserving of a contract, but we're talking about how much you should pay for him.  I wanted Cousins when we had the chance at 16mil.  I just don't think he's worth his asking price.

15 minutes ago, dckey said:

What reasonable fan was really onboard with Cult Brennan LOL Chase Daniel??? Please!  Kirk at least he had produced!  Can’t hate anybody for wanting to sign him before his price went way up!  Matt Stafford is going to cost plenty draft picks & so much $$ that I would absolutely ride with Heinicke before ponying up all that!  At some point you have to continue to build through the draft with guys that fit your culture & that goes for free agency too.  I’m tired of spending too much & trading away draft picks for a pipe dream.  Build it the right way!  

Stafford would only cost whoever gets him $20mil and 23mil in 2022 and maybe a 2nd and 4th Rounder

Ok so why give up multiple draft picks & spend that kind of $ if you have a capable guy on the cheap that won’t cost any draft picks or the extra millions?  We are building from the ground up.  This isn’t a franchise rich in great culture who is only one piece away.

3 hours ago, CapsSkins said:

I keep seeing the "not sustainable" and "flash in the pan stuff". Here's the thing about that: if he were a 1-read QB, or a heavy RPO QB, then I would agree.

But to see a guy go through his progressions, spread the ball to different receivers, elude the pass rush consistently and reset the pocket.... like what about that feels unsustainable? Lmao

I just want to add to this that he wasn't just doing what you point out, but against a top defense. I give him more credit than Kyle Allen because Allen played scrub teams and his one win came against Dallas who was historically bad. But Heinicke was avoiding the rush and running for first downs or finding the open guy, throwing catchable balls, and leading this team. 

1 minute ago, -JB- said:

Ok so why give up multiple draft picks & spend that kind of $ if you have a capable guy on the cheap that won’t cost any draft picks or the extra millions?  We are building from the ground up.  This isn’t a franchise rich in great culture who is only one piece away.

We're spending that much on Alex Smith!!!!   The money saved on cutting Smith is 14mil.  We can sign Stafford and multiple FA. And we also have 2 3rd rounders.  So we're a couple of pieces away, but done correctly it could be in the next year or 2.

Archived