Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Pay the Man!!

gooseneck
Message added by TK,

Keep the politics OUT of this thread & the Stadium in general. If you want to discuss Heinecke's Twitter, take it to the Tailgate forum. Failure to do so may result in a Rule 18 violation. What's Rule 18? Go look it up. :) 

7 minutes ago, dckey said:

I'm not saying Heinicke doesn't deserve a chance, I'm stating he hasn't earned the title of day 1 starter with 1 game.  Foles got a massive contract after those 5 games and has stunk since.  I'm just going against the mindset of we have our QB of the future, we still need more games to determine that.

It all has to start somewhere.

7 minutes ago, PlayAction said:

Thank goodness none of the fans are the team GM.  Heineke should sign for backup money.  He probably was making 50k so earning $1 million per year is a huge deal.

I looked it up.  TH has almost 2 million in career earnings from his NFL career.  He made  173k for his short stint with WFT.  His last  year in the NFL he made just under 700k with the Panthers

4 minutes ago, ananoman said:

I looked it up.  TH has almost 2 million in career earnings from his NFL career.  He made  173k for his short stint with WFT.  His last  year in the NFL he made just under 700k with the Panthers

He was recently playing in the XFL.  The NFL 700k from several years ago or the 173k for 3 or 4 games is about 1 million per year for a full season.  I don't think the team is going to offer 10million per year.  They have another QB too and Heineke hasn't beaten him out yet

16 hours ago, Bacon said:

We'll have to trade up for Lance, but he's really interesting and we have the pieces in place to let him prepare on the bench for a while.

Mac Jones could be had at 19. 

Mac Jones is someone that reminds me of TH. Taylor is not as big as him but faster.  Both have that uncanny knack to play the qb position though.

Between 6 million and 12 million with incentives is my guess on a 1 to 3 year deal.  He showed enough grit, smarts, and athletic ability to warrant that level of compensation.  Granted, it was a small sample size but we might of just hit on a Kurt Warner type scenario.  His cheap  price will allow us to afford some other free agents.

Just now, -JB- said:

Nothing is ever given to anybody.  

Haskins was given the Starting Job this year without earning it.  

3 minutes ago, TheShredSkinz said:

To the bold go the spoils and we've let waaay too many franchise changers go.

Correct, Franchise changers that proved themselves over time.  Not in 1 game 🤣🤣🤣

7 minutes ago, dckey said:

Haskins was given the Starting Job this year without earning it.  

Wrong. Rivera felt that haskins earned it by practicing hard all offseason and training camp. It just didn’t work out once the games started and his preparation went way down. But haskins was indeed doing everything right during the offseason. 

Just now, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Wrong. Rivera felt that haskins earned it by practicing hard all offseason and training camp. It just didn’t work out once the games started and his preparation went way down. But haskins was indeed doing everything right during the offseason. 

Disagree, Rivera wanted a QB competition, but because they didn't have any preseason games Haskins was given the job because of his off-season training.  Rivera stated that it was hard to evaluate players this off-season because of the pandemic.

1 minute ago, dckey said:

Disagree, Rivera wanted a QB competition, but because they didn't have any preseason games Haskins was given the job because of his off-season training.  

If his offseason training was good, in Rivera’s eyes, then wouldn’t that therefore mean he indeed earned it? There’s no rule that states HOW a QB has to earn a starting job. 

18 minutes ago, bonhommelemec said:

Mac Jones is someone that reminds me of TH. Taylor is not as big as him but faster.  Both have that uncanny knack to play the qb position though.

Between 6 million and 12 million with incentives is my guess on a 1 to 3 year deal.  He showed enough grit, smarts, and athletic ability to warrant that level of compensation.  Granted, it was a small sample size but we might of just hit on a Kurt Warner type scenario.  His cheap  price will allow us to afford some other free agents.

Well, both Jones and TH seem to possess confidence and leadership skills.  There aren't a whole lot of similarities in their playing styles, however.  I like both players, but they aren't reminiscent of each other, to me.

3 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

If his offseason training was good, in Rivera’s eyes, then wouldn’t that therefore mean he indeed earned it? There’s no rule that states HOW a QB has to earn a starting job. 

That's not earning it through a QB competition.  Rivera gave him things to do in the off-season and if he did those things he would be given the Starting Job.  Earning it through competition is completely different.

4 minutes ago, -JB- said:

So what exactly would you call what Heinicke did?  That’s not earning anything??

You act like I'm saying cut the guy.  In my opinion he has not done enough to say he's our week 1 starter right now.  I'm not saying he can't be, just earn it through competition.  I'm tired of giving Jobs out without earning them. 

2 minutes ago, dckey said:

That's not earning it through a QB competition.  Rivera gave him things to do in the off-season and if he did those things he would be given the Starting Job.  Earning it through competition is completely different.

That’s not up to you or anyone else in which way a QB is supposed to earn the starting job, though....if rivera felt he did enough to earn it, he did enough to earn it, simple. Plus, he wasn’t even named starter until late August, so I’m pretty sure training camp played a role too 

5 minutes ago, dckey said:

You act like I'm saying cut the guy.  In my opinion he has not done enough to say he's our week 1 starter right now.  I'm not saying he can't be, just earn it through competition.  I'm tired of giving Jobs out without earning them. 

You earn playing time by balling in a real game.  If you only get one shot you better seize it.  The team rallied behind him.  What more could you ask for other than a W as a team with a losing record vs the GOAT.

1 minute ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

That’s not up to you or anyone else in which way a QB is supposed to earn the starting job, though....if rivera felt he did enough to earn it, he did enough to earn it, simple. Plus, he wasn’t even named starter until late August, so I’m pretty sure training camp played a role too 

It is up to me to determine how I think a QB should earn a position, It's My Opinion.  I've seen you state differing opinions; of what people get paid to do.  Does that mean they were right and you were wrong?  In articles Rivera stated that this off-season things were different in evaluating players.  So in my opinion had it been a normal off-season I don't think Haskins would have earned the starting job.

3 minutes ago, -JB- said:

You earn playing time by balling in a real game.  If you only get one shot you better seize it.  The team rallied behind him.  What more could you ask for other than a W as a team with a losing record vs the GOAT.

You don't hand the keys over to a Franchise on 1 game either

1 minute ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Huh? What are you talking about...? I havent had any conversations on here about what people get paid to do....you might have me confused with someone else. 

I'm talking about decisions the team made, like who you would start or who you would draft.  It's your opinion

Archived