Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Trump Riot Aftermath (Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes found guilty of seditious conspiracy. Proud Boys join the club)

Cooked Crack

1 hour ago, Califan007 said:

Is this real? lol...(a bit NSFW-language)

Hide contents

So now they're combining blaming Trump with being on the autism spectrum to explain what their clients did. Though he decided to also throw "retarded" in there for good measure.

• Haha 3

21 minutes ago, mistertim said:

So now they're combining blaming Trump with being on the autism spectrum to explain what their clients did. Though he decided to also throw "retarded" in there for good measure.

I agree, Trump and autism had nothing to do with any of this.  Thank god this guy made a return from our childhood to save us all and repent for all of his historical misdeeds:

image.png.0834df2c4cacfc32b8cb910450bb65a8.png

• Haha 1

I’d be willing to accept that defense, as rough of a way of making it as that was, if it wasn’t so obvious that upon receiving leniency of any kind those people would turn around and say nah I was just lying to get off it worked!

throw the book at them. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, tshile said:

I’d be willing to accept that defense, as rough of a way of making it as that was, if it wasn’t so obvious that upon receiving leniency of any kind those people would turn around and say nah I was just lying to get off it worked!

throw the book at them. 

These asshats are so damn good at incriminating themselves that right before their sentencing they'd probably post a youtube video where they brag about getting off by claiming to be autistic and how the judge was a moron who totally bought it. Then it would go viral and get back to the court.

• Haha 2

Republicans are basically awful people

im hoping the grand dem plan of driving them out of business via demographic changes works out cause I don’t see a better way

and I do look forward to a day where the government can function in spite of that group - whatever that looks like

Also we wouldn’t even need a ****ing commission if you were just honest people that do your job with integrity

this Isn’t 9/11. It isn’t some by ****ing mystery what went on here. 

but it’s the only option because about half of our government leaders choose to spout known lies 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

While it is pretty sickening on some level that they won’t do their job even in this situation.... these are the same people who lead us here for money and power in the first place. What else do you expect from them? They have no principles. They don’t care about the country. They are exactly who we have been saying they are for years....almost decades now. They will not willingly do what’s best for the country unless it happens to be what’s best for them. Not ever. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Boston officer behind ‘Back the Blue’ rallies under scrutiny for social media posts, alleged attendance at insurrection

The Boston police officer under investigation for sending tweets attacking the former vice president and attending a January rally that led to an attempted overthrow of the government is a 13-year veteran who is perhaps best known for organizing local Back the Blue rallies across Massachusetts, according to a person briefed on the matter.

Joe Abasciano, a retired Marine who served in Iraq, coordinated the state Republican Party’s effort last fall to persuade candidates to oppose police reforms and is well known in local GOP circles. He is one of a handful of area residents under scrutiny following the Jan. 6 riot in Washington.

The Boston Police Department opened an internal investigation in mid-January after the Globe shared Twitter posts by a user, @mailboxjoe, which another poster had publicly identified as Abasciano. On the day of the riot, the account posted photos in D.C. of the crowds, calling it a “day for choosing.” It would go on to call former vice president Mike Pence, who permitted the certification of votes to proceed, “not a [godly] man” and accuse him of treason. “I hope you never sleep well again,” @mailboxjoe wrote. “[Y]our Treasonous Act lead [sic] to the murder of an innocent girl and the death of America.”

Click on the link for the full article

• Sad 1

Honest question:  Why is this commission important?  Didn’t Pelosi appoint some retired general or something to do an investigation and he has subpoena  power?  I guess I just don’t understand the details here but seems a bit like grandstanding.

7 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Honest question:  Why is this commission important?  Didn’t Pelosi appoint some retired general or something to do an investigation and he has subpoena  power?  I guess I just don’t understand the details here but seems a bit like grandstanding.

Oh, I assume part of it is political. Force the GOP to either drop the "the election was stolen and the rioters were justified" lie. (Which they are intentionally pushing, as a cover story for their disenfranchisement plan). Or double down on defending obvious treason. 

Granted, part of the reason it's being done is because it's obvious which of those options the GOP will pick. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

The general Pelosi assigned was dealing mostly in reviewing safety and security measures and what failed and what can be done to improve both.

This commission, from what I assumed, deals more in how it started, what caused it, who was behind it, etc, etc. along with having whatever security improvements the retired General has determined in his review added to the mix. I always saw his role as being a subset of this larger commission's goals.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Llevron said:

What else do you expect from them?

Everything you said is right. 

I didn’t expect **** from them. 

but I also didn’t expect my fellow citizens to do that. **** the people are mostly voting against their own self interest they just don’t understand that. 

and that’s where my outrage is. I accept ****ty people will try to seize power in ****ty ways. 

but I expect Americans to be better than that. 

and we’re not. At all. 

trump

covid

1/6/21

these are tests on our society. 

and we failed. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Most depressing part of this is the GOP's inability to leave Trump in the past.  As scared of the cult as they are now they have to realize that Trump isn't going to be around much longer period and the politicians doing their best Trump impression are not going to garner the same passion and support when there isn't the actual Trump lurking in the shadows who they can claim "will be back any day now"  The only reason this is paying off in the short term for them is because they have bamboozled their voting base into this idea that their continued support of Trump is a sign that Trump will be back.  A lot of these dorks will revert back to their previous awful selves and write-off any suggestion they were Trumpers in the first place.   They don't even like Trump in the first place, they like the support he brings to the polls. 

Do they honestly think once Trump is gone right-wing media isn't going to just do what they always do which is latch onto the next re-branding of the same ol' trickle down garbage?  Of course they will.  

Edited by NoCalMike
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, tshile said:

Everything you said is right. 

I didn’t expect **** from them. 

but I also didn’t expect my fellow citizens to do that. **** the people are mostly voting against their own self interest they just don’t understand that. 

and that’s where my outrage is. I accept ****ty people will try to seize power in ****ty ways. 

but I expect Americans to be better than that. 

and we’re not. At all. 

trump

covid

1/6/21

these are tests on our society. 

and we failed. 

Take a breath, the testing ain't over yet...

• Haha 1