Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Trump Riot Aftermath (Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes found guilty of seditious conspiracy. Proud Boys join the club)

Cooked Crack

52 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

Oh there was more

I went into that article thinking to myself "I just know there's going to be some Sovereign Citizen stuff peppered in here somewhere"

And.....yep

“At what point am I a free individual versus a pre-trial confinement individual?”

“Is any of this negotiable? I used to be a free man... until you locked me up,” Copeland insisted.

lmao @ "Is any of this negotiable?"

You think you're at a flea market or some ****?

• Haha 9

55 minutes ago, mistertim said:

lmao @ "Is any of this negotiable?"

"Has your attorney advised you of any plea deal offers?  Have you instructed your attorney to make any plea deal offers?"  

• Haha 1

The party of personal responsibility is now blaming "Foxitis?" Cool.   I mean they aren't lying when they are saying the network is a propaganda machine, just interesting how that whole personal responsibility thing goes right out the window in some of these cases.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Califan007 said:

I severely hope so...I also hope it never works.

I would think that a court of law determining that the network has led to real, tangible harm would be a benefit in the long run.  Open them up to all kinds of liability.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I would think that a court of law determining that the network has led to real, tangible harm would be a benefit in the long run.  Open them up to all kinds of liability.

My main thought was that I didn't want any of these yahoos getting off due to a "Foxitis" defense but I did want Fox to be constantly blamed for the insurrection in court...but what you said makes even more sense lol. I guess I want both.

• Like 2

‘Zip-Tie Guy’ from U.S. Capitol Siege is Asking a Judge’s Permission to Call His Congress-Storming Mom on Mother’s Day

The accused U.S. Capitol rioter known as the “zip-tie guy” asked a federal judge on Thursday to unbind his pretrial conditions keeping him from calling his Congress-storming mom on Mother’s Day.

One of the most visible participants of the Jan. 6th siege, Eric Munchel was photographed on that day in military gear, carrying plastic handcuffs and roaming around the Senate chamber. Munchel claimed that he harvested the flexicuffs that Capitol police left behind and had no plans to use them. Prosecutors claimed that he could have used them for taking hostages if he came across any lawmakers, but they did not allege to have discovered any plans for doing so. Munchel went into the Capitol on that day with his mother Lisa Marie Eisenhart.

The three-page release order stated they must “avoid all contact, directly or indirectly, with any person who is or may be a victim or witness in the investigation or prosecution, including: codefendants except through counsel or as otherwise authorized by Pretrial Services.”

“Mr. Munchel’s codefendant is his mother, Lisa Eisenhart,” lawyer Sandra Roland, his public defender, noted in an unopposed motion for the holiday phone call.

“Mr. Munchel has not communicated with his mother since January 10, 2021,” her motion continues. “He would like to call his mother on Mother’s Day.”

“Pursuant to the spirit of the Court’s release order, Mr. Munchel agrees to refrain from discussing any aspect of the case during a Mother’s Day call with his mother,” the motion states.

Assistant U.S. Attorney Leslie Goemaat does not oppose that, she added.

Click on the link for the full article

• Haha 1

The Oath Keepers Are Facing New Obstacles To Recruit And Raise Money Since The Capitol Riot

Despite an apparent surge in membership following the 2020 presidential election, the Oath Keepers are facing significant new obstacles to spreading their message and raising money since some of their members were arrested after the Jan. 6 Capitol riot. An examination of the militant group’s website by BuzzFeed News found a steep decline in the number of new member accounts registered since January.

The group gained widespread attention when a cluster of people, kitted out in tactical gear and the Oath Keepers insignia, were captured on video forming a military-style “stack” formation and forcing their way into the US Capitol building. More than a dozen individuals associated with the group have been charged in federal court with conspiring to block the certification of Joe Biden as president. If convicted, they could face years or even decades in prison.

Yet even with the public scrutiny and the voluminous government filings that the criminal cases have brought, little is known about the Oath Keepers’ finances or membership, which are tightly controlled by Stewart Rhodes, its founder and leader. Rhodes, who greeted other members of the Oath Keepers just outside the Capitol on Jan. 6 but did not enter the building, has not been charged with any crimes.

The Oath Keepers focus recruiting on members from the military and law enforcement, stressing that they owe loyalty to the US Constitution, to which they’ve sworn an oath, rather than their commanding officers or elected officials. The group relies on donations and annual dues but is not required to file public tax returns or publish membership lists, and even board members and leaders of local chapters say they are kept in the dark about key financial and operational details.

A BuzzFeed News review of leaked financial documents, membership data, state and federal corporate filings, and online fundraising appeals, however, opens a new window into how the organization operates and the way it has capitalized on moments of civil unrest across the US to recruit and raise money.

Click on the link for the full article

• Like 1

Came across this on YouTube. Seemed really important to me. Longer video. I've only watched the first 7 minutes myself. 

A New Study Shows Us the Single Biggest Motivation for the Jan. 6 Rioters 

• Thanks 2

Grievance, rebellion and burnt bridges: Tracing Josh Hawley’s path to the insurrection

Joshua Hawley was 13 years old, living comfortably as the son of a bank president, when his parents gave him a book about political conservatism for Christmas.

Hawley became enamored with the ideology. He began writing columns for the local newspaper that seethed with resentment against the political power structure. Even domestic terrorist Timothy McVeigh’s bombing of a federal building, killing 168 people, sparked him to speak up for groups that express anger toward the government.

“Many of the people who populate these movements are not radical right-wing pro-assault weapons freaks as they were stereotyped in the aftermath of the Oklahoma City bombing,” he wrote.

Twenty-six years later, those far-right rumblings reached a crescendo during another deadly attack on a federal building — this time with Hawley at the center of the action.

As a U.S. senator, Hawley had led the charge to object to the 2020 election on the false premise that some states failed to follow the law, bolstering the baseless claims from President Donald Trump that the election was stolen and should be overturned. Hawley had said the ascent of Joe Biden to the presidency “depends” on what would happen on Jan. 6, the day of a pro forma congressional vote to affirm the election. He had been photographed that day pumping his fist in the air as some Trump supporters were gathering on the grounds outside the U.S. Capitol.

Later, as rioters ransacked the building and several senators huddled in a secure room, fearing for their lives and trying to persuade their pro-Trump colleagues to withdraw their efforts to undermine democracy, Hawley remained combative in pushing the very falsehoods that had helped stoke the violence.

“You have caused this!” Sen. Mitt Romney (R-Utah) erupted at him, referring to the events building up to the storming of the Capitol, according to a person familiar with the exchange, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to describe private conversations.

Click on the link for the full story

• Sad 1