Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Trump Riot Aftermath (Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes found guilty of seditious conspiracy. Proud Boys join the club)

Cooked Crack

Proud Boys and other far-right groups raise millions via Christian funding site

A data breach from Christian crowdfunding site GiveSendGo has revealed that millions of dollars have been raised on the site for far-right causes and groups, many of whom are banned from raising funds on other platforms.

It also identifies previously anonymous high-dollar donors to far-right actors, some of whom enjoy positions of wealth, power or public responsibility.

Some of the biggest beneficiaries have been members of groups such as the Proud Boys, designated as a terrorist group in Canada, many of whose fundraising efforts were directly related to the 6 January attack on the United States Capitol.

The breach, shared with journalists by transparency group Distributed Denial of Secrets, shows the site was used for a wide range of legitimate charitable purposes, such as crowdfunding medical bills, aid projects and religious missions.

But the site’s permissive stance towards far-right actors meant groups who had been banned from other fundraising platforms and payment processors following episodes of hate speech and violence have also used the platform.

Across at least 11 crowdfunding campaigns associated with the Proud Boys, members of the group, including some now facing conspiracy charges related to the Capitol attack, raised over $375,000. Some of these fundraisers netted large amounts of money in a short period.

Click on the link for the full article

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, Califan007 said:

'Inner city crimes"...he really said that...out loud...

Inner city crimes = crimes committed by Black people

Capitol insurrection = White people trying to save overthrow the government

Edited by LadySkinsFan
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

When Your Wife Dimes You Out to the FBI as a Capitol Rioter

Imagine the FBI knocking on your door to question you about your participation in the deadly pro-Trump riot at the U.S. Capitol. You’re foolish enough to invite them, without your legal counsel present, into your home, at which point the feds show you a photo—of you, rioting. You think you can wiggle your way out of this. You lie, and tell them that it’s not you in the photo.

Now, imagine your wife or girlfriend then stepping into the room and, unprompted, identifying you as the man in the photo, unintentionally snitching you out to the feds in your own house.

As more and more MAGA rioters have gotten caught or charged in the months-long fallout from the Jan. 6 mob violence, that is the kind of story that has followed so many of the indictments and federal investigation—suspects have been identified or busted in so many of the dumbest possible ways that you’d expect the whole saga to be a scene out of Step Brothers.

On this week’s episode of The Daily Beast’s Fever Dreams podcast, hosts Will Sommer and Asawin Suebsaeng sit down with Ryan J. Reilly, a senior reporter at HuffPost covering U.S. law enforcement and its hunt for Trumpist rioters. Reilly has spent the past three months meticulously cataloguing the dark, perversely humorous ways in which many of these far-right extremists have found their way into FBI custody. They gratuitously incriminate themselves. They pretend to be tough guys, and then are revealed to be impersonating a trooper or a federal agent. The feds keep making fun of the defendants in affidavits and in court documents. Often, they get ratted out by old high-school chums and rivals, loved ones, or even a random “Facebook stalker” from their home town.

Reilly discusses cases such as that of Brent Bozell IV—son of famous conservative activist Brent Bozell—in which the right-wing scion and alleged Capitol rioter was busted not because of FBI in-house sleuthing but because of an amateur online sleuth in Hershey, Pennsylvania...

• Haha 4

To be honest more rioters are lucky they weren't shot. That is not me endorsing shooting anyone or anything like that, I am just making the observation that I am a bit surprised it didn't happen sooner and more that day.  Considering how scared cops seem to be conducting routine traffic stops these days, the fact that only one person was shot by police on Jan. 6th is pretty remarkable.  Now as to why that is.....I think we know part of the answer because Ron Johnson sort of said it out  loud.

Edited by NoCalMike
  • Like 6

4 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

To be honest more rioters are lucky they weren't shot. That is not me endorsing shooting anyone or anything like that, I am just making the observation that I am a bit surprised it didn't happen sooner and more that day.  Considering how scared cops seem to be conducting routine traffic stops these days, the fact that only one person was shot by police on Jan. 6th is pretty remarkable.  Now as to why that is.....I think we know part of the answer because Ron Johnson sort of said it out  loud.

I’ll endorse it.  I think they should have opened fire on them once they entered the building.  They want to play civil war?  Remind them how bloody that is.  I bet once Jethro sees Billy Bob with half his head gone, he thinks twice.  We are here because we let people get away with dumb ****.  Play dumb games, win dumb prizes.  9mm hollow point prizes.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

What We Know About The Suspect Who Planted Bombs Before The Capitol Riot

More than three months after the U.S. Capitol riot, a bomb-maker remains on the loose.

A majority of the public's attention has been focused on the hundreds of people who have been charged for their role on Jan. 6. But the night before, someone committed a different crime: The person placed two explosive devices near the Capitol in Washington, D.C., and that person is still at large.

The FBI released a substantial amount of information in an attempt to drum up leads from the public, and the reward for information about the suspect is now $100,000.

Here's what is known: The suspect was wearing a gray hooded sweatshirt, a COVID-19 mask and expensive sneakers — Nike Air Max Speed Turf with a distinctive yellow logo. Sometime between 7:30 and 8:30 p.m., the suspect placed one pipe bomb on a park bench near the headquarters of the Democratic National Committee and another behind the Republican National Committee headquarters.

bombmaker_wide-a822dad3b99b62df0df3baf7c

Doug Kouns spent 22 years in the FBI and focused on counterterrorism after the Sept. 11 attacks, and he said that the suspect made a concerted effort to hide their identity. "You can see the person's wearing gloves. They seem to be familiar with the area. They probably know there's cameras here and there and have really just covered their tracks," Kouns said.

9 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I’ll endorse it.  I think they should have opened fire on them once they entered the building.  They want to play civil war?  Remind them how bloody that is.  I bet once Jethro sees Billy Bob with half his head gone, he thinks twice.  We are here because we let people get away with dumb ****.  Play dumb games, win dumb prizes.  9mm hollow point prizes.

I suspect part of the reason that there weren't more shootings has to be because they were afraid of a massacre. The police knew they were outnumbered by a huge degree and probably suspected that many of these Trumpers were armed. Once the firing started, it could quickly get out of control. That, combined with other factors, white sympathy, Trumpers in the Capital police force, etc. probably explains it all. Frankly, I'm shocked that these 1776ers didn't initiate what Trump probably hoped they would.

• Like 1