Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Trump Riot Aftermath (Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes found guilty of seditious conspiracy. Proud Boys join the club)

Cooked Crack

4 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

And this is along the lines of right-wing hack Kim Strassel's column in today's WSJ which said that the FBI raid may help Trump win a second presidential term, one in which he would be more unleashed than his first term and that the number of adults in a second DJT Administration would be significantly fewer than there were than at the start of Trump's first presidency, when at least you had folks like Mattis and Tillerson there.

If other 2024 GOP hopefuls share this mindset, its even more reason why they'll choose to run. Does Ron DeSantis think a second Trump term will help the GOP's chances in 2028 against a Democratic field which by then will be signficantly more dynamic than an octogenerian in Biden like we have now?

But you'll be surprised by how many folks don't realize that Trump will be a lame duck if reelected in 2024. I work with a guy who is pretty book smart and he said that, "yeah, if Trump wins in 2024 and then decides to run again in '28." I looked at him like he had three eyes and said "uh, no." He honestly had no idea....

DeSantis and the rest have made it pretty obvious they don’t intend to have what most rationale people consider “fair” elections if they gain power again. The far right is always projecting and the fact that so many are saying things like “wake up if you think there will actually be another election if Biden and the leftists get their way” tells me all I need to know. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, hail2skins said:

Perot got 19 percent of the national vote against a sitting president who had widespread service in GHWB and against probably the best natural politician in our lifetime in WJC. And Perot actually dropped out of the race for a significant amount of time

In 2016, running against two ****balls in DJT and HRC, the third party candidates got, what, 5 percent of the vote combined?

Child please

The only way a third party gets a big share of the vote in 24 is if DJT threatens an independent run if the GOP doesn't nominate him

I didn’t they would win but I do think they could do better than Perot in that they would win enough EVs that probably throws election to house. Popular vote wise, maybe not as much.

1 hour ago, hail2skins said:

And this is along the lines of right-wing hack Kim Strassel's column in today's WSJ which said that the FBI raid may help Trump win a second presidential term, one in which he would be more unleashed than his first term and that the number of adults in a second DJT Administration would be significantly fewer than there were than at the start of Trump's first presidency, when at least you had folks like Mattis and Tillerson there.

If other 2024 GOP hopefuls share this mindset, its even more reason why they'll choose to run. Does Ron DeSantis think a second Trump term will help the GOP's chances in 2028 against a Democratic field which by then will be signficantly more dynamic than an octogenerian in Biden like we have now?

But you'll be surprised by how many folks don't realize that Trump will be a lame duck if reelected in 2024. I work with a guy who is pretty book smart and he said that, "yeah, if Trump wins in 2024 and then decides to run again in '28." I looked at him like he had three eyes and said "uh, no." He honestly had no idea....

Trump wins, there won’t be anymore elections. The gop will make him leader for life. Trump gets back in, the only way he’s leaving is by dying.

1 hour ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Maybe 6 hours out of date, which as with all things Trump feels like 6 months, but still worth a watch for, ahem, laypeople. 

I would like to add:

while you’re there check out his recent two Alex Jones videos 

its funny watching a professional watch a supposed peer and clown on them for how awful their are 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

I feel like at some point the GOP politicians will start thinking, "If Trump goes to jail... he can't run for President."  Followed by..  "If Trump can't run for President... I can run for President!"

I found the flaw in your logic.

• Haha 7

13 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Apparently you don’t even have to do anything with these documents for it to be a crime worth lots of time. Just having them in an unsecured location is enough. 

Yes. 

actually it’s even stricter. 

let’s say you and I are looking at something SCI (in a secure location ) that we’re working on, and we’re having a conversation about it, and @Renegade7walks in - maybe he’s got a high clearance too but he’s not working on this project which SCI dictates he doesn’t get to know **** about it - it is our obligation and duty to securely store that, and halt our conversation, so that he can’t see it, or anything about it, and we cannot continue until he leaves. Even if he’s allowed to be there. 

at least that’s how it works for us normal people. 

watching multiple teams navigate a scif on deadlines when their projects are different is funny but also sad 

Edited by tshile
  • Thanks 4

18 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

I feel like at some point the GOP politicians will start thinking, "If Trump goes to jail... he can't run for President."  Followed by..  "If Trump can't run for President... I can run for President!"

Maybe 4 to 6 weeks?

Of course they want that.   None of these people actually likes Trump.   

Every time I hear that in the June meeting the DOJ told them to put a padlock on the document room to secure it better I have to shake my head.  Especially when I think about the lock picking lawyer and how easy a padlock would be to bypass.

46 minutes ago, China said:

Every time I hear that in the June meeting the DOJ told them to put a padlock on the document room to secure it better I have to shake my head.  Especially when I think about the lock picking lawyer and how easy a padlock would be to bypass.

I don’t get this part of it and haven’t seen much discussion on it. Why did they tell him this and where did it occur in the timeline? Was this before the subpoena? 

34 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I don’t get this part of it and haven’t seen much discussion on it. Why did they tell him this and where did it occur in the timeline? Was this before the subpoena? 

My understanding is they subpoenaed him first in May, he did not comply, and then the head of Counterintelligence at the DOJ went to Mar-a-Lago and had a discussion with Trump's lawyers, where Trump made a brief appearance, and at the end the DOJ told them to better secure the documents with a padlock.

Nonsense.  If it weren't a former president, they'd be in jail already.

• Like 1