Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Trump Riot Aftermath (Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes found guilty of seditious conspiracy. Proud Boys join the club)

Cooked Crack

26 minutes ago, The Almighty Buzz said:

So what is this I'm hearing about 2 other warrants that the FBI doesn't want to unseal?

Warrants?  Or are you referring to the fact that the FBI/DOJ doesn't want to unseal the affadavit associated with the warrant that was already unsealed?

I don't see anything about other warrants.

2 hours ago, Ball Security said:

Five dimensional chess by the world’s sexiest man.  Suck it, libs.

They definitely took his passports, likely by mistake mixed in with other documents. He didn’t know until receiving an email where they are attempting to return them and then he decided to appeal to his persecution complex addicted base of morons. 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

They definitely took his passports, likely by mistake mixed in with other documents. He didn’t know until receiving an email where they are attempting to return them and then he decided to appeal to his persecution complex addicted base of morons. 

Yep, saw that earlier tonight.  Standard process, can’t recall the exact term

for the process.

18 minutes ago, China said:

Warrants?  Or are you referring to the fact that the FBI/DOJ doesn't want to unseal the affadavit associated with the warrant that was already unsealed?

I don't see anything about other warrants.

I guess some chick my wife follows on tiktok.  Said that there were 3 other sealed dockets (I thought I heard warrants but was wrong) filed today that people aren't talking about.  I'm calling BS

5 minutes ago, tshile said:

I would argue if you’re the FBI agents conducting a raid on a former president “accidentally taking his passports” isn’t a thing that should happen 

I'd argue if you're a former president, taking TS/SCi documents into your personal possession is a thing that shouldn't happen.

• Like 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, tshile said:

I would argue if you’re the FBI agents conducting a raid on a former president “accidentally taking his passports” isn’t a thing that should happen 

Straight facts.

This had to be delicate AF given how if anything this has never happened before, humans aren't perfect, but anything that went wrong would be ammo to point at their credibility, now they have some.

I'm not mad, I don't believe it will impact the overall outcome, jus..ugh, far right loves taking legit f ups by the left and stretch it as far as possible until they find the next one to do that with. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, tshile said:

well yeah that’s why there’s a warrant and a raid

:silly:

Not a raid, a lawfully conducted search in accordance with a lawfully executed search warrant. And they found and confiscated materials including classified information that was the purpose of the search warrant.

Wanna bet that TFG has more that weren't turned over?

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

6 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

...far right loves taking legit f ups by the left and stretch it as far as possible until they find the next one to do that with. 

If there aren't any, the far right invents imaginary **** ups, then poses them as intentional, and stretches them even farther...and their base believes them anyway. So I stopped worrying about their reactions to things because they have the exact same reaction to everything, no matter what it is.

• Like 6
  • Thumb up 2

Trump Calls for ‘Immediate Release of Completely Unredacted Affidavit’ the DOJ Objects to Unsealing

Former President Donald Trump has called for the immediate release of the “completely unredacted affidavit” that led to the Mar-a-Lago search warrant. The Department of Justice, however, has asked a judge to keep the affidavit sealed, citing a need to protect the investigation and witnesses.

The affidavit contains the government’s reasoning for searching Mar-a-Lago where numerous top secret documents were removed. In a court filing submitted yesterday, federal prosecutors argued that if the specifics revealed in the affidavit were to be publicly disclosed, it would serve as a road map to the government’s ongoing criminal investigation, the specific details of which are still unknown.  

In addition, the DOJ explained how information in the affidavit about witnesses is particularly sensitive, given the high-profile nature of the matter, and could affect their willingness to cooperate. It could chill future cooperation and other high-profile investigations. 

Trump has actively played the part of the victim in this story, a narrative that he continued to promote in a late TruthSocial post in which he continued to share baseless lies about the 2020 election. Trump wrote:

There is no way to justify the unannounced RAID of Mar-a-Lago, the home of the 45th President of the United States (who got more votes, by far, than any sitting President in the history of our Country!), by a very large number of gun toting FBI Agents, and the Department of “Justice” but, in the interest of TRANSPARENCY, I call for the immediate release of the completely Unredacted Affidavit pertaining to this horrible and shocking BREAK-IN. Also, the Judge on this case should recuse!

The DOJ court filing makes evident that there are “compelling reasons” that implicate national security that support keeping the affidavit sealed. The most salient portion of the 13-page filing reads:

Those docketed items, which had already been provided to the former President’s counsel upon execution of the warrant, have now appropriately been made public. The affidavit supporting the search warrant presents a very different set of considerations. There remain compelling reasons, including to protect the integrity of an ongoing law enforcement investigation that implicates national security, that support keeping the affidavit sealed. 1 The government does not object to unsealing other materials filed in connection the search warrant whose unsealing would not jeopardize the integrity of this national security investigation, subject to minor redactions to protect government personnel, namely: cover sheets associated with the search warrant application, Docket Entry (“D.E.”) 1; the government’s motion to seal, D.E. 2; and the Court’s sealing order, D.E. 3. The government’s proposed redactions to those documents have been filed under seal as D.E. 57, and the government now asks the Court to unseal the materials contained in that filing.

Click on the link for the full article

Trump’s passports returned after Mar-a-Lago search, DOJ official says

Passports belonging to Donald Trump have been returned to the former president after last week's FBI search of his Mar-a-Lago home, a Justice Department official told NBC News on Monday.

The FBI acknowledged it had had the passports the same day Trump said on his social media platform that FBI agents who conducted the search on Aug. 8 took them.

In a statement on Truth Social, Trump said agents "stole my three Passports (one expired), along with everything else." He did not provide further details or specify whether the travel documents were personal or government passports. (Presidents receive diplomatic passports when they take office.)

A Justice Department official said Trump's passports have been returned.

A few items from this NYT article:

Justice Dept. Objects to Releasing Affidavit Used to Search Trump’s Home

First, as it relates to the request from Trump's lawyer to release the names of witnesses in the affadavit:

“Disclosure of the government’s affidavit at this stage would also likely chill future cooperation by witnesses whose assistance may be sought as this investigation progresses,” prosecutors wrote. They added that releasing the affidavit could harm “other high-profile investigations” as well.

One of the reasons proposed by the government for not releasing the affidavit was to protect the identities of witnesses against death threats. On Monday, prosecutors in Pennsylvania unsealed charges against a man accused of repeatedly threatening to kill F.B.I. agents in the days after Mr. Trump’s property was searched.

Second, they are now trying to blame Meadows for failing to return all the documents:

According to two people with knowledge of the situation, Mr. Trump and his chief of staff, Mark Meadows, the man who oversaw presidential records in the chaotic closing days of the administration, failed to organize an effort to collect, box and deliver materials to the National Archives — as prior presidents, and Mr. Trump’s own vice president, Mike Pence, did.

Instead, they often focused on settling political grievances and personal grudges, they said.

In the weeks leading up to Mr. Trump’s departure from the White House, officials discussed what to do about material that he had at various points taken up to the residence and that needed to be properly stored and returned.

By then, the staff secretary, Derek Lyons, known for trying to keep systems in place, had left the administration. Mr. Meadows said he would address such issues, according to a senior administration official.

• Haha 4

It occurs to me that Trump probably actually is the most unfairly treated person in the history of our country. Half of the citizens absolutely love and worship him like he is the greatest hero America has ever known. If he was treated fairly, everybody would see him for the disgusting piece of **** that he actually is.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1