Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Trump Riot Aftermath (Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes found guilty of seditious conspiracy. Proud Boys join the club)

Cooked Crack

12 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

I know classification isn't an issue but worth noting...

Well… from what I’ve read the procedures of declassification are not binding on the president. 

which I mean we’re likely arguing about something that doesn’t even ****ing matter

a - for it to matter you’d have to presume he actually did declassify them, on time, the correct way. I’d bet everything he didn’t do that because he never does anything correctly. He’s a walking mess of a person that just meanders through life like a pinball smashing into everything with no regard

b - the consensus seems to be the statues in question don’t require the information to be classified

c - if it’s true it’s all about nuke stuff then a good portion of it (if not all?) is exempt from his unilateral power to declassify anyways 

so it’s likely a waste to argue about it but there seems to be a bit of confusion on what the power is, and the stuff I read says it’s super broad with a few exceptions. So broad the rules behind it aren’t even binding on the president except where there’s a legal separation of powers involved 

Edited by tshile

I’m 100% speculating, perhaps insanely (?!) but this seems like a good time to remind folks that Trump did not handoff the nuclear football to Biden at the inauguration because he did not attend the inauguration.  Instead, he was at his home in Florida.

The 2nd items listed on the search warrant are

2- Leatherbound box of documents

2A- Various classified/TS/SCI documents

Did Trump not return the nuclear football?

Source regarding handoff: https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1254825

Contents of football here: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_football

6 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

I suspect Biden at any time could also officially reclassify them and ask for the documents back.  

That said, I really really really want to see the Donald in an orange jumper. Would sending him to Gitmo be too over the top petty? 😁

Seems fitting for an enemy fo the state.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Hahah on WTOP they just said the last time we saw this (this level of classification and potential charges) was with the SAP/SCI level documents on Clinton’s e-mail server

hahahaha

Edited by tshile
  • Haha 1

Interesting info related to the request by the DOJ to get surveillance video of MAL from June. 

JOHN SOLOMON AND KASH PATEL MAY BE IMPLICATED IN THE FBI’S TRUMP-RELATED ESPIONAGE ACT INVESTIGATION

On June 22, Kash Patel announced that he had just been made a representative for Trump at the National Archives. (h/t to Suburban Gal for these links)

I can tell you now that I am now officially a representative for Donald Trump at the National Archives. And I’m going to march down there — I’ve never told anyone this, because it just happened, and I’m going to identify every single document that they blocked from being declassified at the National Archives.

The next day, Kash described that that letter, making him Trump’s representative to the Archives, “just came in, literally before I came on the show” the day before.

As it happens, June 22 is also the same day that the FBI sent a subpoena to Mar-a-Lago for surveillance footage.

On June 22, the Trump Organization, the name for Mr. Trump’s family business, received a subpoena for surveillance footage from cameras at Mar-a-Lago. That footage was turned over, according to an official.

According to a John Solomon column that was actually the first to report details of this purported cooperation in June, the subpoena specifically asked for surveillance videos covering the room where Trump had stashed his stolen documents.

Around the same time, the Trump Organization, which owns Mar-a-Lago, received a request for surveillance video footage covering the locker and volunteered the footage to federal authorities, sources disclosed.

On June 24, two days after Kash and Solomon were given official access to Trump’s archives, Betsy Woodruff Swan reported that it wasn’t just Kash who had been given privileged access to Trump’s Archives. Solomon had also been made Trump’s representative at the Archives.

That seeming coincidence — that the FBI formally asked for surveillance videos showing who had accessed Trump’s stash of stolen records on the same day that Kash and Solomon were officially added to the list of those who represented Trump’s interests with the Archives — may raise the stakes of Trump’s legal exposure significantly.

https://www.emptywheel.net/2022/08/12/john-solomon-and-kash-patel-may-be-implicated-in-the-trump-related-espionage-act-investigation/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ball Security said:

Just trying to catch up here.  Are we now beyond the point of the DOJ/FBI committing an unforced error by “raiding” Mar-a-Largo?

Ok, I was right to express that belief based on the information available the first couple of days of this. 

i prefaced everything with there needs to be another shoe dropping. 

There was. 

1 minute ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Ok, I was right to express that belief based on the information available the first couple of days of this. 

i prefaced everything with there needs to be another shoe dropping. 

There was. 

Well and people are getting a bit carried away. 

people seem to be jumping to the conclusion that there will be charges, an arrest, a trial, a possible conviction, and potentially jail time 

im not saying none of that will happen. But I  am not convinced there will even be charges, much less the rest of it. 

without all of that I’m not convinced this moves the needle much in terms of politics. Anyone who knows a real trump supporter has seen first hand how they handwave away every criticism. I expect this to be no different. 

I’m not even sure much changes other than more outrage if he winds up in prison. 

That’s how a cult works. And this isn’t a cult of 10-30 people. It’s 30-40% of the country. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, tshile said:

Well and people are getting a bit carried away. 

people seem to be jumping to the conclusion that there will be charges, an arrest, a trial, a possible conviction, and potentially jail time 

im not saying none of that will happen. But I  am not convinced there will even be charges, much less the rest of it. 

without all of that I’m not convinced this moves the needle much in terms of politics. Anyone who knows a real trump supporter has seen first hand how they handwave away every criticism. I expect this to be no different. 

I’m not even sure much changes other than more outrage if he winds up in prison. 

That’s how a cult works. And this isn’t a cult of 10-30 people. It’s 30-40% of the country. 

yep. On Twitter the prevailing thought on all the right wing threads is that the DOJ and FBI can’t be trusted and this is all a witch hunt. Which is fine. That’s expected. 

but the main thing is that this can’t give reasonable Rs or independents a way to go back to him over the “raid” as they are pushing. And I think the recent developments the last 14 hours do that which is good news, even if no charges or any other consequences come out of this. You may have further severed their ability to return to him in 2024 too 

12 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

yep. On Twitter the prevailing thought on all the right wing threads is that the DOJ and FBI can’t be trusted and this is all a witch hunt. Which is fine. That’s expected. 

but the main thing is that this can’t give reasonable Rs or independents a way to go back to him over the “raid” as they are pushing. And I think the recent developments the last 14 hours do that which is good news, even if no charges or any other consequences come out of this. You may have further severed their ability to return to him in 2024 too 

My thoughts exactly. I share your views that I don't believe I'll ever see Donald Trump sent to prison  And obviously as we're seeing the base will never waver regardless of what he does  But his base isn't enough voters to win him any election,  He needs to pull in moderate republicans and independents.   I don't see that happening now 

27 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

My thoughts exactly. I share your views that I don't believe I'll ever see Donald Trump sent to prison  And obviously as we're seeing the base will never waver regardless of what he does  But his base isn't enough voters to win him any election,  He needs to pull in moderate republicans and independents.   I don't see that happening now 

Anybody that voted for Biden, they are now going come back to Trump?

I don’t think so but that doesn’t mean they would vote for Biden again. I don’t see anyone really excited for 4 more years of Joe. They may just stay home.

If it’s Trump vs Biden; there really is an opening for 3rd party/Independent candidate like there was Ross Perot in 92.

Trump is going to announce his run shortly. Trump maybe indicted for multiple things; he will never get convicted.

Edited by 88Comrade2000

29 minutes ago, fullnelson9999 said:

But you're not actually providing any analysis.  You're just repeating talking points you've heard other people say.  Do tell us what you really think of California.

There's been a steady population decline for years.    That's not a talking point.