Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Trump Riot Aftermath (Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes found guilty of seditious conspiracy. Proud Boys join the club)

Cooked Crack

10 hours ago, Hooper said:

Trump is definitely getting indicted.

10 hours ago, Llevron said:

He has to. We have been saying it for years but he and what he’s done to the Republicans are a clear threat to democracy. 

I hate to say it, but he's teflon.  The teflon Don.

I once worked with a textbook narcissist.  He was awful.  Not on the level of Donald Trump because, quite frankly, he didn't have the balls to be as outwardly brazen.  But the one thing I learned about people like this is that they're like the 10,000 hour rule on crack. 

In other words, it's like breathing to them.  And they've spent their entire life lying, cheating, manipulating, grifting, whatever you want to call it.  Think about how if you spent every minute of every hour of every day of your entire life from the time you were a little kid just honing one particular skill.  You'd probably be amazing at it.

That's what Donald Trump is.  That's what a narcissist is.  Literally a lifetime of getting things over on other people.  As I said, it's like breathing to them.  

Donald Trump got, what, 60+ million people to vote for him?  What's a congressional hearing to him?  Absolutely nothing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Bang said:

I certainly hope that none of the people on which they are going to present damning evidence have any chance to get on an international flight.

~Bang

Unless that flight then mysteriously crashes into the ocean.

• Like 1

This presentation last night was for an audience of 2.  Donald Trump, and Merrick Garland.  Trump is currently spazing out on Truth Social as we speak, so the presentation was partly effective, but the biggest question will be what does Garland and the DOJ do with the evidence presented?  This certainly looks like a committee ready to call out the actions of Trump and his henchman as "illegal".  Cheney used the words illegal and illegality in describing the actions of Trump, which is very strong language.  They're certainly framing this as a case that should end up with Trump facing several federal charges by the end of the committee hearings.  I'm interested in seeing how the DOJ will move going forward.  If last night is any indication of how the rest of the hearings will go, it will unbelievable and shocking if Garland doesn't pursue criminal charges against Trump.  Garland should be fired if that's the case.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I hate to say it, but he's teflon.  The teflon Don.

I once worked with a textbook narcissist.  He was awful.  Not on the level of Donald Trump because, quite frankly, he didn't have the balls to be as outwardly brazen.  But the one thing I learned about people like this is that they're like the 10,000 hour rule on crack. 

In other words, it's like breathing to them.  And they've spent their entire life lying, cheating, manipulating, grifting, whatever you want to call it.  Think about how if you spent every minute of every hour of every day of your entire life from the time you were a little kid just honing one particular skill.  You'd probably be amazing at it.

That's what Donald Trump is.  That's what a narcissist is.  Literally a lifetime of getting things over on other people.  As I said, it's like breathing to them.  

Donald Trump got, what, 60+ million people to vote for him?  What's a congressional hearing to him?  Absolutely nothing.

Also- He was POTUS. There's just no way the DoJ will convict a former POTUS. He was always teflon because he knew how to extend cases and exhaust the system. Now that he's been prez, he's untouchable for life. As is always the case, many who do his bidding will pay the price for him. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hail2skins said:

Allahpundit from yesterday. If anything, read the conclusion. A huge number of Americans are authoritarian at heart:

https://hotair.com/allahpundit/2022/06/09/live-video-the-january-6-committee-hearing-n475243

I mean, there’s nothing more authoritarian than the biblical god and that accounts for the majority of Republicans right there.

Worship me the way I like or burn for eternity.

What did we think their politics were gonna be?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, samy316 said:

This presentation last night was for an audience of 2.  Donald Trump, and Merrick Garland.  Trump is currently spazing out on Truth Social as we speak, so the presentation was partly effective, but the biggest question will be what does Garland and the DOJ do with the evidence presented?  This certainly looks like a committee ready to call out the actions of Trump and his henchman as "illegal".  Cheney used the words illegal and illegality in describing the actions of Trump, which is very strong language.  They're certainly framing this as a case that should end up with Trump facing several federal charges by the end of the committee hearings.  I'm interested in seeing how the DOJ will move going forward.  If last night is any indication of how the rest of the hearings will go, it will unbelievable and shocking if Garland doesn't pursue criminal charges against Trump.  Garland should be fired if that's the case.

Garland doesn't have guts to do it and I think Joe just wants it to go away.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Garland doesn't have guts to do it and I think Joe just wants it to go away.

You don't know what Garland is doing, although we're all frustrated at the slow pace at which he's doing it.  Joe does not just want it to go away, he wants justice.  The NYT has reported that he's frustrated with Garland:

"while the president has never communicated his frustrations directly to Mr. Garland, he has said privately that he wanted Mr. Garland to act less like a ponderous judge and more like a prosecutor who is willing to take decisive action over the events of Jan. 6.”

• Thumb up 3

Just like all the other Trump impeachment attempts, this January 6th commission is a nothing-burger.

They aren't addressing the real issue at hand, which is security surrounding our elected officials.

The riot was horrible, just like all riots. But why aren't they investigating the fact that national guard was refused to support capital police? They had intel that their were people planning on storming the building but thought a few perimeter cops (that ended up waving people in) was sufficient?

If the argument is that the BLM riots were "mostly peaceful"... That left 12 people dead and 100s of police officers injured, then you're opening the door for people like Jack Del Rio to make the comments he did about Jan. 6th. It doesn't make sense to the average American.

Thinking that they are going to convict trump of "insurrection" after he said verbatim said "many of you will PEACEFULLY March to the capitol"... They are wasting time. Mind you, he also had the national guard at the ready to support, which was refused. Does someone planning an insurrection do that? He certainly wouldn't want extra security if he genuinely was hoping for insurrection.

Our elected officials should be protected at all costs. Including our supreme court justices, one of which just had an attempt on his life. Extremism exists on both sides and what they should be focusing on is security. Unfortunately I don't think we will hear a peep about the security blunders that were made. It's a prime time media gong show witch hunt for trump, that will fail yet again.

Its been a year and a half. The average American doesn't care, that's the reality of the situation. When polled of the Top 10 issues that will influence their vote... January 6th didn't crack the top 10.

• Haha 2
  • Thumb down 1

5 minutes ago, Forever A Redskin said:

Just like all the other Trump impeachment attempts, this January 6th commission is a nothing-burger.

They aren't addressing the real issue at hand, which is security surrounding our elected officials.

The riot was horrible, just like all riots. But why aren't they investigating the fact that national guard was refused to support capital police? They had intel that their were people planning on storming the building but thought a few perimeter cops (that ended up waving people in) was sufficient?

If the argument is that the BLM riots were "mostly peaceful"... That left 12 people dead and 100s of police officers injured, then you're opening the door for people like Jack Del Rio to make the comments he did about Jan. 6th. It doesn't make sense to the average American.

Thinking that they are going to convict trump of "insurrection" after he said verbatim said "many of you will PEACEFULLY March to the capitol"... They are wasting time. Mind you, he also had the national guard at the ready to support, which was refused. Does someone planning an insurrection do that? He certainly wouldn't want extra security if he genuinely was hoping for insurrection.

Our elected officials should be protected at all costs. Including our supreme court justices, one of which just had an attempt on his life. Extremism exists on both sides and what they should be focusing on is security. Unfortunately I don't think we will hear a peep about the security blunders that were made. It's a prime time media gong show witch hunt for trump, that will fail yet again.

Its been a year and a half. The average American doesn't care, that's the reality of the situation. When polled of the Top 10 issues that will influence their vote... January 6th didn't crack the top 10.

Did you watch the hearing? Did you see the evidence presented? What did you think of that specific evidence? You're basically just trotting out MAGA talking points. I remember not long ago asking you repeatedly if you'd read the Mueller report after you went off about the "Russian hoax". You never answered.

So now I'm asking the same of this. Have you reviewed the evidence the Jan 6th commission has released? Did you watch the hearing last night?

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

7 minutes ago, Forever A Redskin said:

The security failings of that day should be investigated.

But to dismiss Trump's post election behavior, as you seem to be doing, is despicable.

• Like 5
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

27 minutes ago, Forever A Redskin said:

Our elected officials should be protected at all costs. Including our supreme court justices, one of which just had an attempt on his life. 

Kavanaugh needs to restrict entry to his house to 1 door & arm his entire family. He'll be fine. 

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Forever A Redskin said:

Who let you back in the house? 

But more seriously (this is the only time I'm going to attempt to take you serious if you decide to ignore this) in the presentation last night they had security officials testifying under oath.....security officials that Trump himself appointed....that said that the only reason the national guard was prepared was because Mike Pence put them on notice, but Meadows called and said that we need to make sure Trump was in control. And so they waited for Trump to tell them to go and the call never came from him. Ever. HE stopped the national guard himself. You are concerned about security right? Does that not seem like a problem?

Also Trump himself said on video that he left the riots go longer than needed to show people what it would be like if Democrats took over. He used them politically. If security is so important to you how to you square that? 

Now remember, I already think your posts are a joke. So it would go a loooong way if you were to actually answer these questions if you want to have a serious dialog. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

3 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Who let you back in the house? 

But more seriously (this is the only time I'm going to attempt to take you serious if you decide to ignore this) in the presentation last night they had security officials testifying under oath.....security officials that Trump himself appointed....that said that the only reason the national guard was prepared was because Mike Pence put them on notice, but Meadows called and said that we need to make sure Trump was in control. And so they waited for Trump to tell them to go and the call never came from him. Ever. HE stopped the national guard himself. You are concerned about security right? Does that not seem like a problem?

Also Trump himself said on video that he left the riots go longer than needed to show people what it would be like if Democrats took over. He used them politically. If security is so important to you how to you square that? 

Now remember, I already think your posts are a joke. So it would go a loooong way if you were to actually answer these questions if you want to have a serious dialog. 

I understand your points. I'm not a troll despite what people may think.

Pence was his VP. You don't think they spoke about the national guard? Just saying.

Even with that said, it's fact that Pelosi was in charge of security, and to a lesser extent M. Bowser. Do you think it would be reasonable to have both of them answer questions regarding the security that day? Why are they exempt from investigation?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Forever A Redskin said:

Dude literally admitted his plan was to kindap and kill Justice Kavanaugh. 

What's next, claiming that he was an actor sent by Republicans?

Your previous post was talking about security for elected officials.  Supreme court justices aren't elected.   And your whole argument deflects and avoids the whole issue of Trump and his supporters trying to overturn a free and fair election and subvert democracy in a acts of sedition and treason.  Pretty serious stuff to ignore.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

45 minutes ago, Forever A Redskin said:

How about investigating all those who took the oath of office, from Trump on down, to defend the Constitution from all enemies foreign and domestic, and didn't?

You're treating the invasion of the Capitol by insurrectionists as a joke. You're the joker for believing Trump and all the rest who subverted their oath of office. Shame on you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1