Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Be Beforewarned: The Pirate Ship Docks in Pugeout Sound - Saturday Night

Pittman4Two

36 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

I am at peace with the fact that merely making the playoffs makes this season a success and that it is likely a one and done post season appearance.  I was hoping to avoid a Tampa game in the first round because I think this is the one opponent besides the Packers where having a good defense is not going to be enough, and that is also keeping in mind that this WFT is good, not great yet.  I think Tampa has too many weapons, not to mention being led by one of the GOATs, to where they can coach up where to attack the weaknesses.

I agree, making the playoffs was as good as we could expect this season.  But I wanted tampa.  We have no expectations.  No one expects us to win.  Brady to tampa was the story of the off-season, and he desperately wants a ring to prove it wasn't belichick who carried new england.  It will cement his legacy as the greatest qb ever, without any question.   And tampa went out and sign gronk, AB, fournette, mccoy, etc.  They went all in.  Some people were crowning them in the summer.   I'd love to play spoiler and be the team that knocks them out.  If we lose, who cares. I just wanted that shot.  Can't wait til Saturday.

I have a sneaking suspicion that the Fed Ex Field Turf Monster is going to get a Brady knee this weekend.  

I'm not hoping for that, btw.  I love Tom Brady and I don't root for injuries.  

But you wait and see.  There'll be a referendum on the Fed Ex Field playing surface when the GOAT goes down.

4 hours ago, Pittman4Two said:

From your lips to God's ears my friend.  A-Train's void has yet to be filled.  

Just casually came across your name after... 15 years? Put a smile on my face to see this post.

Now, all formalities aside; I can't see this game ending any other way than disappointment for you. Why? Remember that video of Chris Simm's throwing footballs into garbage cans 60 years downfield? Yeah, well he's at least good for 2 picks. I got James Thrash catching 2 picks as well, and I'll throw in an Alstott fumble on the 2 for good measure.

This is what scares me, our QB is on 1 wheel, we all witnessed that last night. A very slow QB and offense, not the same one we had going before his injury. Tampa is #5 in sacks and will be coming for Smith. If we don't change a gear, we will get smoked Saturday Night. This is what the football world wants to see after the benching of Hurts. I just want us to hit em in the mouth, bring that team that took it to Dallas and Pittsburgh. Show the world we earned this spot in the playoffs. To NY fans, don't cry to me about not making it. If your team wanted it that bad, they would have won at least one more game, period. 

P42. Classic.  Always. 

Good to see you around, mate. 

Bold prediction: 

Alex will throw a TD early, but both legs will fall off, so they're forced to play the youngster Heinicke. Who goes on to throw for 563 yards and 6 TD's while Chase Young also gets a strip sack fumble TD on Thomas Brady. 

Good guys win 28-13.

7 hours ago, Dan T. said:

Have to disagree with you on Brady.  He has shown he can change systems.  But if he fails this weekend, who is the backup to come in and save the day for the Bucs?  We have Tyler Hinicke.

BTW, good to hear from you, P42.  Are you still in the waste management biz?  With the pandemic I bet it is a growth industry.

Dan, thanks for the inquirer. Business has been exploding. As a staff, we are straining to keep up. Luckily our morale passes right through each of us without any sort of blockage from those above. 

29 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

This made me sooooooo happy. I love it. Welcome back 

I’ve been looking all day for game status on Chris Simms and Cadillac Williams. I assume Derrick Brooks is just going to sit out in fear after watching Jason Campbell light it up last night. Any updates??

If I may be blunt, it appears the football team is still looking for Campbells replacement. I do think Brunell was close but he was left arm handed therefore was limited physically although he does have that record of completions. 

good to see you too BraveWarpath

2 hours ago, NewCliche21 said:

Oh my god I have missed these.  Glad you're still around, P42!

2 hours ago, thesubmittedone said:

I swear, a @Pittman4Two sighting is probably the best part of making the playoffs for me. Not even lying. :ols: 

3 hours ago, The Rook said:

Predictions from the Pewter Pirate Prognosticator - Perfect:PartialQuaintKangaroo-small:

Made my day. Welcome back Pittman4Two.

I know that Coach McKay will be excited about the team's execution.

:229:The Rook

Great to be around folks that recognize astudious knowledge of the game. You’d be surprised how many sideways looks I get when I have talks with the guys at work. 

Always a pleasure to visit extreme football team. 

10 hours ago, Pittman4Two said:

Summarization:

This game is a long time coming between two historic franchises and fanbases.  I always look forward to our contests, especially when we (champs) win.  Always a pleasure to visit you!

Thoughts?

A quick check of the record books shows what we already knew. In spite of over 40 years in the league, the TB Buck-an-ears have NEVER Won the NFC East division title. A feat that the WFT did in their very first year of existence.

1 hour ago, LetThePointsSoar said:

P42. Classic.  Always. 

Good to see you around, mate. 

Bold prediction: 

Alex will throw a TD early, but both legs will fall off, so they're forced to play the youngster Heinicke. Who goes on to throw for 563 yards and 6 TD's while Chase Young also gets a strip sack fumble TD on Thomas Brady. 

Good guys win 28-13.

If Hi Nick-EE plays, he will certainly win. It won’t be our pass rush that befuddles and dumbfounds TBTB12QB1, it will be the sheer number of times that his counterpart gets to his 5th read. The guy in pewter will be so disappointed that he hasn’t gotten to his 5th read all year that he will promptly refuse to go back in out of sheer disappointment for not being better. Who’s their QB2? Roberto Aguayo? I hear he’s accurate. I know he was their first pick one year and they took him pretty high...

Chase the Younger will continue leaping on the sideline proclaiming Hi Nick-EE has been paying attention as he slings TD after TD to Antonio Gandy the Golden, better known as WFTWR5 or Read#5 as this game goes down in Team history books. 

7 hours ago, Pittman4Two said:

If I may be blunt, it appears the football team is still looking for Campbells replacement. I do think Brunell was close but he was left arm handed therefore was limited physically although he does have that record of completions. 

good to see you too BraveWarpath

Think I heard that Doug Williams will make history on saturday being the first QB ever to play on both offenses in the same game, switching gear as ball switch possession.

49 minutes ago, Idaho fan said:

LOVE Pugeout Sound Games.  I always feel we play better in the rain and its closer for me incase I want to drive to the game.

Its my understanding Warren Sapp won't play in this one (per source via Andyman) so thats huge for us.  

if my archives are correct, Sam Shade played some of his best games at the Sound. 

Archived