Picture reminds of of buildings around Chernobyl...after the melt down

1 minute ago, Riggo#44 said:

My sources say they have a new naming rights deal in the works:

image.jpeg.35f84de722102d80a7b0a37a8a10777e.jpeg

Bad News Bears right?

• Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, woodpecker said:

Good riddance to FedEx. I hope they lost their ass on the deal. I’ll never forgive the company for igniting the name change fiasco.

Don't forget that was one of the catalysts that ultimately led up to bootleg Napoleon having to sale.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

That thing somehow looks worse than RFK did while it was still standing 😞

For a long time my mom would take the train down from Philly into Union Station on game days, we'd go to a restaurant in the city, and then pass by RFK on the way to Landover. One time we were at a light at RFK and the person next to me rolls down their window and asks "is that FedEx Field?" I responded, "No, that stadium in front of us is where the Redskins used to actually win games."

18 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Don't forget that was one of the catalysts that ultimately led up to bootleg Napoleon having to sale.

Not so sure about that. The net result of it was 1- the name change, and 2- Snyder ended up buying those minority shares at a discount rate. By most accounts, he had actually become more powerful at that point. If not for the Gruden email leak getting Congress back involved, we may still be stuck with him. I’ll grant that maybe it helped in the end, but Fred Smith’s intentions were completely selfish at the time.

Edited by woodpecker
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, woodpecker said:

Not so sure about that. The net result of it was 1- the name change, and 2- Snyder ended up buying those minority shares at a discount rate. By most accounts, he had actually become more powerful at that point. If not for the Gruden email leak getting Congress back involved, we may still be stuck with him. I’ll grant that maybe it helped in the end, but Fred Smith’s intentions were completely selfish at the time.

I'm mostly talking about the smoke that surrounded Snyder that was frustrating his fellow owners which caused the drunkard Indy owner to speak openly about our clown. All the pieces came together to get rid of him. 

• Thumb up 2

4 hours ago, woodpecker said:

You’re forgetting that the reason Smith did that was as revenge for Snyder refusing to pay him his portion of the profits from the team during COVID. Snyder was literally robbing him and getting funny with the books. 

Also, the debt Snyder took on to purchase all the minority shares was the poison pill that ultimately doomed him and made him cash poor on a larger scale. The team making less money hurt him a lot more after he took on all that debt, and interest rates were only going up so new future debt wasn’t his friend anymore. Nothing ever forced him to sell, not congress and not the other owners—his finances were a problem. The owners let him sign his own death warrant with all that extra debt, they gave him a waiver to buy all those minority shares. In the end it choked him, and the money was no longer worth he and his wife not being able to step foot in their own stadium without hearing how horrible they were.

8 hours ago, woodpecker said:

Good riddance to FedEx. I hope they lost their ass on the deal. I’ll never forgive the company for igniting the name change fiasco.

That they did (unfortunately), but it also led to Snyder's departure (fortunately).

6 minutes ago, redskin301 said:

What does this mean moving back to RFK site?

are we building new stadium there? 

It means DC is now in control of the land which held the old RFK instead of the Federal government. Now DC can sell it to Commanders.

Edited by actorguy1

1 minute ago, actorguy1 said:

It means DC is now in control of the land which held the old RFK instead of the Federal government. Now DC can sell it to Commanders.

Not just yet,still needs to pass the Senate and get POTUS signature but things are very likely to workout at this point. 

• Thanks 1