Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

New Stadium News?

RichmondRedskin88

17 minutes ago, actorguy1 said:

It means DC is now in control of the land which held the old RFK instead of the Federal government. Now DC can sell it to Commanders.

They won’t sell it to them. Probably lease with taxpayer funded money for a new stadium.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, BayouBrave86 said:

They really had no choice after Ted made them look like clowns and called their bluff. And Ted sucks too, but DC politicians played with fire and got burned. 

Ted did nothing but make himself look like the clown that he is. There's no guarantee that his grand plan in VA will come into reality. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/28/2024 at 3:48 PM, Conn said:

You’re forgetting that the reason Smith did that was as revenge for Snyder refusing to pay him his portion of the profits from the team during COVID. Snyder was literally robbing him and getting funny with the books. 

Also, the debt Snyder took on to purchase all the minority shares was the poison pill that ultimately doomed him and made him cash poor on a larger scale. The team making less money hurt him a lot more after he took on all that debt, and interest rates were only going up so new future debt wasn’t his friend anymore. Nothing ever forced him to sell, not congress and not the other owners—his finances were a problem. The owners let him sign his own death warrant with all that extra debt, they gave him a waiver to buy all those minority shares. In the end it choked him, and the money was no longer worth he and his wife not being able to step foot in their own stadium without hearing how horrible they were.

Sounds more like COVID ultimately lead to Snyder selling, instead of changing the team name...

Of course it's actually just chalked up to Snyder's vileness--both personal and professional--finally devouring him.

Edited by Califan007 The Constipated

23 hours ago, spjunkies said:

Ted did nothing but make himself look like the clown that he is. There's no guarantee that his grand plan in VA will come into reality. 

This.

DC is the one that stood their ground with Ted crawling back. 

Mess around and DC gonna have all their big 4 play inside the District.

• Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

On 2/28/2024 at 3:48 PM, Conn said:

You’re forgetting that the reason Smith did that was as revenge for Snyder refusing to pay him his portion of the profits from the team during COVID. Snyder was literally robbing him and getting funny with the books. 

Also, the debt Snyder took on to purchase all the minority shares was the poison pill that ultimately doomed him and made him cash poor on a larger scale. The team making less money hurt him a lot more after he took on all that debt, and interest rates were only going up so new future debt wasn’t his friend anymore. Nothing ever forced him to sell, not congress and not the other owners—his finances were a problem. The owners let him sign his own death warrant with all that extra debt, they gave him a waiver to buy all those minority shares. In the end it choked him, and the money was no longer worth he and his wife not being able to step foot in their own stadium without hearing how horrible they were.

No, I know why he did it. He didn’t have to go after the team name though. We have courts to settle such disputes. And it didn’t work anyway, he ended up having to sell his shares for way under value. Sure it’s great that Snyder taking on the debt was one of the dominoes that eventually led to his demise, but Fred Smith was looking out for Fred Smith and the rest of us suffered for it. I don’t give him or FedEx any credit for Snyder being gone. 

53 minutes ago, woodpecker said:

No, I know why he did it. He didn’t have to go after the team name though. We have courts to settle such disputes. And it didn’t work anyway, he ended up having to sell his shares for way under value. Sure it’s great that Snyder taking on the debt was one of the dominoes that eventually led to his demise, but Fred Smith was looking out for Fred Smith and the rest of us suffered for it. I don’t give him or FedEx any credit for Snyder being gone. 

Okay, that’s fair. For me, because getting rid of Snyder and getting where we are today was such a miracle, by the rules of the Butterfly Effect I wouldn’t change a single thing about how things went down with Fred Smith and the name change. The old name can suck it, Smith getting screwed on the worth of his shares, he can suck it too…all in the context of getting rid of Snyder, it’s a price I would gladly pay even if it was 1% of the reason (and I think it was a lot more). I’d rather be without Snyder than with the old name, period. And seeing how it all turned out, I wouldn’t risk it happening any other way. 

Edited by Conn

31 minutes ago, Conn said:

Okay, that’s fair. For me, because getting rid of Snyder and getting where we are today was such a miracle, by the rules of the Butterfly Effect I wouldn’t change a single thing about how things went down with Fred Smith and the name change. The old name can suck it, Smith getting screwed on the worth of his shares, he can suck it too…all in the context of getting rid of Snyder, it’s a price I would gladly pay even if it was 1% of the reason (and I think it was a lot more). I’d rather be without Snyder than with the old name, period. And seeing how it all turned out, I wouldn’t risk it happening any other way. 

That’s all fair as well. We just differ on our feelings about the old name. For me the new name can suck it, because it was handpicked by Snyder. The old name was going away anyway, but I wish that would’ve happened after Snyder was gone so we could’ve had a legitimate renaming process. Could not agree more with your last two sentences. Snyder being gone is the most important thing, so no regrets.

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, woodpecker said:

That’s all fair as well. We just differ on our feelings about the old name. For me the new name can suck it, because it was handpicked by Snyder. The old name was going away anyway, but I wish that would’ve happened after Snyder was gone so we could’ve had a legitimate renaming process. Could not agree more with your last two sentences. Snyder being gone is the most important thing, so no regrets.

We pretty much agree then, I also see the old name going as inevitable, and hate the new name, and prioritize Snyder being gone. Maybe they’ll get it right this time around 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Conn said:

We pretty much agree then, I also see the old name going as inevitable, and hate the new name, and prioritize Snyder being gone. Maybe they’ll get it right this time around 

We do. May not be possible to get it right per se where everyone is happy, but it will be easy to improve on the current situation! (I am a little worried they’ll decide it’s not worth the trouble though)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/29/2024 at 1:13 AM, c slag said:

It would be neat if they could go without the money from the naming rights and someway name it in honor of Sean 

Some of you people are just weird.

On 3/17/2024 at 4:44 PM, CobraCommander said:

Ready to rise from the ashes like a phoenix.

Are there still fantacists who want to play a game there?