Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Heinicke Hive: The LEGEND of Taylor Heinicke Thread

LetThePointsSoar
Message added by TK,

image.png.76d3d6bba631c4c9e8442f26a9c9afc4.png

3 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Scott Turner is trash. Terry is okay, but way overhyped.  The offensive line is the worst in the league.

Did I cover all the Heineke Hive excuses or are there more? 

NFL uses leather balls, had they used a nerf football that whistles in the air TH could throw it further...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

He's lost the team, so he should be benched for Allen. Problem with Allen is a super long delivery, but he's looked better. 

Heinicke was awful yesterday and has been getting worse by the week. The decisions and ability to see the field are poor. I don't see the value in continuing the experiment other than securing the Ls. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

NFL uses leather balls, had they used a nerf football that whistles in the air TH could throw it further...

If you really want to do it right... Drones are the future. Have the coaches steer the passes in the air towards their intended targets.

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

One of Heinicke's strong point was the team rallied behind him and believed in him and you could see it in their body language.

That seems to be gone. And with that goes the viability of Heinicke as the QB.

I think you're right... either that or we're projecting it because we want that to be the case and the gun's just out of bullets. I think it's a bit of both. I think when we lost to Dallas the first time and had the COVID outbreak, the team did the math. I'm not sure that they stopped believing in Hienike as much as they stopped believing in this season.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Silvernon said:

He's lost the team, so he should be benched for Allen. Problem with Allen is a super long delivery, but he's looked better. 

Heinicke was awful yesterday and has been getting worse by the week. The decisions and ability to see the field are poor. I don't see the value in continuing the experiment other than securing the Ls. 

Allen has an NFL arm at least. And he was making quick decisions last night. But his accuracy is garbage as well. The season is over. Heinike got us this far. I would probably play him the rest of the way. If nothing else playing Heinike is most likely to put us in draft position to pick his replacement. 

• Like 1

Dan Quinn and the Dal@ss D figured out a game plan to limit stop Heinicke in the first matchup by making him getting getting their hands up in the throwing lanes to create turnovers and getting Heinicke off his mark by forcing him to throw when he hasn't been ready.  A carbon copy and the exact same result in both games.  Heinicke is just an average undersized QB who can make plays against average and sub-par defenses.  When he has faced good and dominant defenses like GB, Buffalo, and Dall@ss, he has struggled considerably.  This team needs a QB in the worst way, but who knows what Rivera and Co. will do to get to get him.

6 hours ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

All of those can be true and does not excuse the horrible play by TH. I like the way he plays when his hair is on fire. But it seems that is less and less the case.

if he could figure out how to play like that all the time it would make up

for some of his deficiencies.

ive been saying for weeks that they need to sit him.

54 minutes ago, SAli457180 said:

Dan Quinn and the Dal@ss D figured out a game plan to limit stop Heinicke in the first matchup by making him getting getting their hands up in the throwing lanes to create turnovers and getting Heinicke off his mark by forcing him to throw when he hasn't been ready.  A carbon copy and the exact same result in both games.  Heinicke is just an average undersized QB who can make plays against average and sub-par defenses.  When he has faced good and dominant defenses like GB, Buffalo, and Dall@ss, he has struggled considerably.  This team needs a QB in the worst way, but who knows what Rivera and Co. will do to get to get him.

The Goat struggles against pressure, every qb does. But that not an excuse for his awful play. 

7 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Scott Turner is trash. Terry is okay, but way overhyped.  The offensive line is the worst in the league.

Did I cover all the Heineke Hive excuses or are there more? 

If you are going to be cynical then go right ahead. But that still doesn't change the fact that we have no one outside of Terry. Like he is your whole ****ing offense! 

You must have a very short term memory. The GOAT lost to us because he didn't have his weapons. So yeah even the greatest QBs are diminished to nothing without their weapons. 

IF an oline that can't protect their QBs and give them time to throw the ball than the **** show you saw last night is going to be more than a ha ha ha. 

But you go right ahead and belittle our QB all you want after all misery loves company!  

• Thanks 1

Just now, zskins said:

If you are going to be cynical then go right ahead. But that still doesn't change the fact that we have no one outside of Terry. Like he is your whole ****ing offense! 

You must have a very short term memory. The GOAT lost to us because he didn't have his weapons. So yeah even the greatest QBs are diminished to nothing without their weapons. 

IF an oline that can't protect their QBs and give them time to throw the ball than the **** show you saw last night is going to be more than a ha ha ha. 

But you go right ahead and belittle our QB all you want after all misery loves company!  

You’ve been angling for King Bee of the Hive for a while now.  It was you last night in the gameday thread after Heineke completed the pass to Dyami using that as proof he has an NFL arm.  Yeah, I saw that.  🤣🤣🤣. Nevermind the abundance of proof to the contrary.  You don’t have to die on this hill, but you refuse to throw up the white flag.

I actually take no pleasure in “belittling our QB”.  I don’t have any ill will for him, but listening to the Hive tell me he’s awesome and that his deficiencies are always the result of everyone else but him has always been laughable.

• Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

28 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Now, that is odd.

I'm starting X but expect to play Y as well.  That's basically admitting you're punting on the final 2 games and treating them similar to preseason.  Which to be clear, I get it - there is no reason not to punt on this season.  It's just weird to say it out loud to the press.

Rivera to me is the opposite of Shanny, he can't help but be honest.  Here's what he said today about the QB spot.  

I am listening today to Finlay going on about the sky is falling and they got no plan, etc.  I like Finlay but man.  :ols:  i am not even covering the team obviously, all i do is listen to people who do cover the team and i heard to death last off season they'd pull the trigger for a Qb if the right deal happened but they don't want to give up too much.  But next off season (2022) is a different story.  Keim in particular stressed that he expects them to be uber aggressive at the Qb spot this off season.

I think there was a silver lining to yesterdays game.  That is, draft position.  They have a shot at a Qb at #9.  I like this QB class better than some do.   But also a top ten pick, if it holds, is much more attractive if you are trading for a veteran. 

Screen Shot 2021-12-27 at 2.46.16 PM.png

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

I dont understand why Rivera is acting like you have to have the #1 pick to find a franchise QB. It obviously helps, but come on, we just got our ass kicked by the 135th pick of the 2016 draft.

The problem is, we simply can't develop a QB and put them in position to succeed and I think Ron knows this. He sounds like he would be relying on the talent of that player to overcome our deficiencies, which obviously runs very deep. 

I wouldn't trust this team with a talent like Burrow. 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda

1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

You’ve been angling for King Bee of the Hive for a while now.  It was you last night in the gameday thread after Heineke completed the pass to Dyami using that as proof he has an NFL arm.  Yeah, I saw that.  🤣🤣🤣. Nevermind the abundance of proof to the contrary.  You don’t have to die on this hill, but you refuse to throw up the white flag.

I actually take no pleasure in “belittling our QB”.  I don’t have any ill will for him, but listening to the Hive tell me he’s awesome and that his deficiencies are always the result of everyone else but him has always been laughable.

He has an arm. He can complete a 45 yard pass. How often do these big arm QBs use their arm to constantly complete 45+ yard throws? How many deep throws are part of their plan in a game? Do you have a statistic for that? I am more concerned about accuracy. It is just simple as that for me. 

You can still move the chain 10-20 yards at a time. 

I wanted to see TH for the whole season. There are still 2 games left. Not sure I will see anything different with no TE or a slot WR or a 3rd down back he can throw to. Anyway they should go QB either in the draft or a vet. I just want a competent offense. If that means getting weapons for TH then so be it. Nothing magical here. 

20 minutes ago, zskins said:

He has an arm. He can complete a 45 yard pass. How often do these big arm QBs use their arm to constantly complete 45+ yard throws? How many deep throws are part of their plan in a game? Do you have a statistic for that? I am more concerned about accuracy. It is just simple as that for me. 

You can still move the chain 10-20 yards at a time. 

I wanted to see TH for the whole season. There are still 2 games left. Not sure I will see anything different with no TE or a slot WR or a 3rd down back he can throw to. Anyway they should go QB either in the draft or a vet. I just want a competent offense. If that means getting weapons for TH then so be it. Nothing magical here. 

It's not just about going deep, it's about being able to make all the throws.  Sure, he can get it 45 yards down the field with no trash at his feet when he's able to get his entire body into the throw.  What he can't do is hit the deep ball with any accuracy, stuff it into tight windows and throw it on a rope when required.  That's not me hating on Heineke, those are just facts and why he was on the couch.  As I've said numerous times before, he's outplayed his scouting report and hats off to him for that.  But he's not a starter in this league nor is he a draw for 'weapons'.  

• Thumb up 2