Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Heinicke Hive: The LEGEND of Taylor Heinicke Thread

LetThePointsSoar
Message added by TK,

image.png.76d3d6bba631c4c9e8442f26a9c9afc4.png

Yeah, no has said they don’t like Heinicke.  They do have a problem with people that defend him though.  😜

In all seriousness though, it’s hard for me to avoid @ThomasRoane’s stance - we’ve got a talent problem, and it’s hard to see us either avoiding crippling injuries or adding enough talent to overcome them, particularly as we give up resources to try to find an answer at qb.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ThomasRoane said:

All you guys gloating about TH's downfall haven't figured out how screwed this franchise is.  

You got your wish.  TH flamed out.  Congratz.  RR will be gone soon after the QB he picks flames out.  RR will depart with a damaged reputation and will end up in a dumpster with Schottenheimer and Shanahan.  The next big name will come here.  Show some promise only to see the franchise go down in flames.  Then we'll que up the next big name coach or QB.  Round and round we go.  You will be miserable and you will deserve it.  

You could just admit you were wrong and overly emotional in your Heineke takes and we could all just shake hands and be friends.

This whole deal where you are painting those who disagreed with you AGAIN as folks who know less than you is a very bad look.  I think all of us are more than aware of the bad shape this team continues to find itself in.  We just never thought Taylor Heineke was a cure for those ills.

40 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

Yeah, no has said they don’t like Heinicke.  They do have a problem with people that defend him though.  😜

This is true.

My beef isn’t with Taylor, it’s with the guys telling me the piss on my back is actually rain. And that I’m a hater who doesn’t know how to identify the difference between rain and urine.  Yeah, that’s not cool.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome

No one is gloating about anything, more just being a little surprised so much of the fanbase was willing to go all in on a guy who only played a couple games.   Not sure historically what the statistics would show, but my guess is that the occurrences of that diamond in the rough is somewhere out there, not playing in the NFL, just waiting for the opportunity versus career journeyman getting call from desperate team in a bind  but eventually fizzle when asked to perform long term are skewed heavily in one direction.  Maybe I am missing someone, but Kurt Warner is probably the most recent example of that scenario working out?

We all want it to work out regardless of who the QB is, and I will say that as much as I am convinced Heinicke is not the guy long term, I also think the season with him as QB would have turned out better had the roster not been devestated by injury plus this last 2-3 weeks of covid breaking out in the locker room. 

With that said, Heinicke's shortcomings aren't something you can coach your way out of, and that is the biggest problem.

Edited by NoCalMike
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, KDawg said:

Of which both may be gone. Trubisky + Rookie = much improved QB room.

We're at polar opposites for Trubisky and Allen. What I saw of Allen in 2020 has me far more confident in his ability to be marginally okay compared to Trubisky. I don't want either one to be a long term starter, but with a rookie on the team and needing a QB who's somewhat competent, I think Allen and his experience with the playbook is more valuable than Trubisky. I would have given Heinecke the edge before Sunday night, but I think he lost a lot of ground.

• Like 1

TH’s contract included 4mil in incentives, 2mil this year and 2mil in 2022. Looks like he’s picked up the best part of an additional 1mil this year, might be a minor factor in why Kyle Allen gets a looks in the last 2 weeks.

Annual Incentives: $2M
60% snaps + a win: $125,000

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

TH’s contract included 4mil in incentives, 2mil this year and 2mil in 2022. Looks like he’s picked up the best part of an additional 1mil this year, might be a minor factor in why Kyle Allen gets a looks in the last 2 weeks.

Annual Incentives: $2M
60% snaps + a win: $125,000

That’s a pretty crappy thing to do if money is the driving factor 

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, KDawg said:

If it is I can bet who is making that decision. And it isn’t Rivera.

I honestly don’t think money is a factor. It’s such a minor amount I don’t think even think Lord Voldemort aka Dan Snyder would know or care.

On 12/27/2021 at 5:23 PM, KDawg said:

Of which both may be gone. Trubisky + Rookie = much improved QB room.

That Mitch guy just gives me the Rex Grossman vibes. 

2 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I honestly don’t think money is a factor. It’s such a minor amount I don’t think even think Lord Voldemort aka Dan Snyder would know or care.

If Taylor earned it, does it really matter. We have 2 games left; not going to matter and next year there’s a big bump

in cap space from 21.

6 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

That Mitch guy just gives me the Rex Grossman vibes. 

Trubisky is not our franchise quarterback… 90% positive of that.

But he could be a decent stop gap with years of NFL experience coming out of a year spent with one of the best quarterbacks in the League whom he has a similar (yet not the same) style as. 

If you pair Trubisky with a rookie that you intend to have take over down the line you have Plan A and Plan B on your roster. Keep Heinicke as Plan C. He’s under contract for peanuts. 

• Like 1

I see people saying that no one doesn't like Heinicke, but yet here I am. I don't like him.

Haven't liked him since he put doing the Lambo Leap over winning a game. Selfish and childish.

The coaches have been practically begging hi to leave the pocket and run and doing so to the media and yet he sits in the pocket for 6-8 seconds taking sacks and getting guys hurt.

Sure, we went on a win streak, when we were able to do absolutely everything possible to hide how bad he is, but when teams loaded the box and started to really attack him and dare him to throw the ball, we started getting blown out. 

Should have flushed the turn at the bye and yet it's still swirling. 

47 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I see people saying that no one doesn't like Heinicke, but yet here I am. I don't like him.

Haven't liked him since he put doing the Lambo Leap over winning a game. Selfish and childish.

The coaches have been practically begging hi to leave the pocket and run and doing so to the media and yet he sits in the pocket for 6-8 seconds taking sacks and getting guys hurt.

Sure, we went on a win streak, when we were able to do absolutely everything possible to hide how bad he is, but when teams loaded the box and started to really attack him and dare him to throw the ball, we started getting blown out. 

Should have flushed the turn at the bye and yet it's still swirling. 

The four game win streak was nice but long term wise you're right we might have been better off making the change then. And to be honest, I think even with Allen we could have won those four games. Maybe we lose the Raider game since Heinicke did deliver another 4th quarter game winning drive, but in all honesty in today's NFL its not hard to get a game winning FG with over 2 minutes left.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

Wait why are people happy that Heinicke isn't the answer?  That's bad for us.

If you'd rather be right about us failing than seeing us win, then FOH.  Really.

I would LOVE for him to be the greatest QB ever for us. Would LOVE IT.

He isn't. He's a bad QB for us and riding with him has players punching each other out of frustration.

If somehow acknowledging that Heinicke sucks ass makes me a bad fan on your fan-o-meter, oh well.

I want to win games.

Can't do great things with basic people, right?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

The fact that Ron said Taylor gives us the best chance to win well Allen will play tells me someone made a money decision. 

a money decision?  Neither make much money.  Not sure I am following.  

The following is Not directed at you -  during our 4 game stretch and even before it looked like Taylor gave them the option to maybe continue to build in 22 then get a QB.  That option no longer exists.  They will need to make a major move to get a legitimate starting QB potential.  We do not gave the horses  to cover up Taylor’s lack of arm strength and defenses gave the blueprint to shut us down.  I am unlikely to watch the rest.  Frustrating to see those floating ducks.  And those complaining it’s Scotts offense it’s not. Guys are open.  Need to make Ds pay for loading the box.  Yes D has taken a step back but there another thread for that.  

We need a QB that has legitimate NFL starting potential. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

If you'd rather be right about us failing than seeing us win, then FOH.  Really.

this narrative needs to stop.  No one, and I repeat no one is happy Taylor has been exposed.  The best outcome for the team would have been for him to be the outlier and become the long term solution.  

Let me ask this, why can’t this’d who were beating others for having concerns just admit you were wrong and move on?  

I loved the story.  He is easy to root for.  But his deficiencies are not trivial.  Ds caught up to him with some help from injuries and Covid.  

we need to move on.  It sucks but urgent.   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

I'm not saying you have a history of this, because I really don't know - but this is Loser101 talk on this forum.  Where the side that's wrong, turns the tables to where they were just hopeful, and those they argued against are just haters obsessed with being right.  

I don't care about being right.  First and foremost, I don't think never buying into the Heineke Hype makes us super smart.  I think most everyone that watches football knew he wasn't the answer, even at the height of Heineke-mania.  It was just a particular subset of folks here who bought in hook, line and sinker and told all of us that didn't believe in him that we are haters and seeing what we want to see.  We even had one dude here going on and on about how Heineke is elite at handing the ball off.  I'm not even kidding, that happened.  And when someone made fun of him, he had the audacity to pull the "You must be new to football" card in response.  It's been a wild ride of exaggerated takes from the Hive and not just the typical fandom stuff where folks are just hoping he's the goods, but full-on we need to lock this dude up long term, he has elite traits, etc. etc.  And those of us that never bought into an ounce of that talk were branded as haters, instead of what we really are: logical.

• Like 2