Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

AP - Police: Explosion in Nashville believed to be “intentional”

EmirOfShmo

55 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Don't have a good feeling about this one

I'm not sure what to make of this one.  There aren't too many terrorists that try not to hurt anyone physically in their attacks.  This bomb seems to have been set to avoid human casualties, both in timing and by using a warning repeated over loudspeaker.  This is a strange situation.   

7 minutes ago, Destino said:

I'm not sure what to make of this one.  There aren't too many terrorists that try not to hurt anyone physically in their attacks.  This bomb seems to have been set to avoid human casualties, both in timing and by using a warning repeated over loudspeaker.  This is a strange situation.   

That's what gives me the bad feeling. Why go through all that trouble then do nothing. I see no logic at all with this, and that's not comforting 

11 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

That's what gives me the bad feeling. Why go through all that trouble then do nothing. I see no logic at all with this, and that's not comforting 

We can only guess at this point because we have absolutely no evidence of a possible motive.  Perhaps a business located in one of the buildings was the target?  Could even be an elaborate suicide.  It's hard to guess without more info. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Don't have a good feeling about this one

If this had been detonated at that location at pretty much any other time of any other day, the human toll would have been devastating. But, thankfully, on early Christmas morning the streets were deserted, even before the evacuation alert was given.

As someone else said, the IRA embarked on a terrorist bombing campaign in Britain during the Troubles, but tried to minimize loss of life.  At this point it's hard to say if that was the goal of this bombing, or the detonation was simply happenstance.

Now officials are saying that the warning broadcast heard before the blast, in a woman's voice, came from the RV.  The recording warned that a bomb would go off in 15 minutes.

In this video, you can hear the recording followed by the explosion at  :26

33 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Supposedly, they found human remains. I think it a test run; for a deadly attack later.

26 minutes ago, dfitzo53 said:

Why bother telling people to clear the area?

Exactly.  This is a way of sending a message without pissing off the populace so much that everyone galvanizes against you.  This is the first shot in psychological warfare.  It won’t be the last.

20 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Exactly.  This is a way of sending a message without pissing off the populace so much that everyone galvanizes against you.  This is the first shot in psychological warfare.  It won’t be the last.

I’d argue we’ve been subject to an intense amount of psychological warfare since about 2010.

3 hours ago, Dan T. said:

Now officials are saying that the warning broadcast heard before the blast, in a woman's voice, came from the RV.  The recording warned that a bomb would go off in 15 minutes.

In this video, you can hear the recording followed by the explosion at  :26

I dunno about you guys, but I wouldn't just casually walk my dog around rubble after an explosion like that.  in @Dan T.'s video around 3:09, guy and his dog just casually wandering into the frame.

11 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Supposedly, they found human remains. I think it a test run; for a deadly attack later.

I don’t remember any group of person using a large amount of explosives, while warning people to stay away, as a test run for deadly attack.

What does the “polite” test run accomplish for the terrorist?

i think this was about the ATT building...

11 hours ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

AT&T employee here (I work in cybersecurity). You’re down the wrong rabbit hole. 

it makes a little sense to me though.  It depends on what is actually in the building. Could you elaborate?

19 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

I don’t remember any group of person using a large amount of explosives, while warning people to stay away, as a test run for deadly attack.

What does the “polite” test run accomplish for the terrorist?

i think this was about the ATT building...

it makes a little sense to me though.  It depends on what is actually in the building. Could you elaborate?

The previous poster alluded to a connection between the hacks and the explosion. There is no connection. Perhaps I’d be willing to entertain that idea if they bombed a datacenter in Ashburn VA but there is no sensitive govt data in the middle of downtown Nashville.

Given 911 systems were down, guessing the building housed telecommunications infrastructure. Now if the theory was an elaborate Die Hard 3 style distraction for a robbery... on Christmas morning ahead of a weekend. Brilliant plan. The theft may not be discovered until Monday. 

52 minutes ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

Now if the theory was an elaborate Die Hard 3 style distraction for a robbery... on Christmas morning ahead of a weekend. Brilliant plan. The theft may not be discovered until Monday. 

But does this make it a Christmas crime?

50 minutes ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

The previous poster alluded to a connection between the hacks and the explosion. There is no connection. Perhaps I’d be willing to entertain that idea if they bombed a datacenter in Ashburn VA but there is no sensitive govt data in the middle of downtown Nashville.

Given 911 systems were down, guessing the building housed telecommunications infrastructure. Now if the theory was an elaborate Die Hard 3 style distraction for a robbery... on Christmas morning ahead of a weekend. Brilliant plan. The theft may not be discovered until Monday. 

You’re working under the idea that the bomber(s) are using factual information for targeting. Conspiracy theory nutjobs have done all sorts of 💩 because a “credible” source on the interwebz, likely wearing a tin foil hat, made some crazy allegations.

Archived