Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

AP - Police: Explosion in Nashville believed to be “intentional”

EmirOfShmo

NASHVILLE (AP) —

An explosion shook the largely deserted streets of downtown Nashville early Christmas morning, shattering windows, damaging buildings and wounding three people. Authorities said they believed the blast was intentional. The FBI is leading the investigation.

Police spokesman Don Aaron said the 6:30 a.m. explosion was believed to be “an intentional act.” Police earlier said they believe a vehicle was involved in the explosion. Aaron said three people were taken to area hospitals for treatment, although none were in critical condition.

https://apnews.com/article/nashville-explosion-christmas-52708bfd05e4f6ff433cc404443c65d4

9 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

Are regular bombs considered WMDs?

A WMD is defined by U.S. law as any of the following:

• A destructive device, such as an explosive or incendiary bomb, rocket, or grenade;
  • A weapon that is designed to cause death or serious injury through toxic or poisonous chemicals;
  • A weapon that contains a biological agent or toxin; or
  • A weapon that is designed to release dangerous levels of radiation or radioactivity.

Wife and I walked right through that area 4 years ago during a 3 day reunion with some of our Air Force friends. Nice area,(touristy,but nice). Even have a few pics taken just a few hundred yards South of the area of the explosion. One way street going North where it happened. It's also not that far from the state capital building. 

20 minutes ago, Bang said:

Surprise!

well, no, not really. Not at all in fact.

About right on schedule, I'd say. 
Y'all best be ready. Not long before these start to go off where there are people. 

~Bang

Probably best if we don't jump to any conclusions about what this is and where it might be headed.  Lets wait for the FBI and such to release facts first.

According to locals bomb went off near or at the AT&T building. Connecting some possibly still moving dots,this thing went off right where someone wanted it to and wanted to minimize injuries and death,(gunshots being reported then the announcement to evacuate from or near the van). 

1 hour ago, Jabbyrwock said:

Probably best if we don't jump to any conclusions about what this is and where it might be headed.  Lets wait for the FBI and such to release facts first.

In this case, i don't think it is a jump to a conclusion.
More like a very tiny itty bitty little nudge of the foot. (and if wrong, only a little itty bitty nudge back. )

Obviously we'll see what it's about, but given everything else happening,  it sure stinks... 

Besides, I don't think it will really matter. I think the factions who would love to see us bombing each other will make it crystal clear that the other guy did it, and they will exhort people to further violence. But, as it is,  I only think one side actually buys deeply into that, and I think they don't realize who is pushing them and for what. I think they just don't care, and there's enough who may be willing. After all, it isn't like they haven't latched on to some unbelievably crazy **** before. Didn't one of their nutters show up with a gun to free children kept by Hillary Clinton in the basement of a pizza place that had no basement>?  

We'll see what the FBI says and like sane people we'll accept it. But the ones who I'm talking about are already figuring on ways to use it to further radicalize the mob, if in fact it is them. (which is my immediate bet. The only thing odd to me that leaves room for doubt (until facts say otherwise) is the warning. Some folks have said it's like IRA terror tactics, which also could be. Could've been a test. And it could just be a person with a beef who wanted to destroy property.
Fishy timing.

~Bang

Archived