Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

AP - Police: Explosion in Nashville believed to be “intentional”

EmirOfShmo

FBI agents investigating if 5G paranoia was behind Nashville bombing

News4 Investigates has confirmed FBI agents spent Saturday speaking with a top Nashville real estate agent, who contacted them after fearing the subcontractor who worked for him may be the same man whose home they were searching.

Other federal agents spent much of the day searching the Antioch home of Anthony Warner.

Realtor Steve Fridrich contacted the FBI after reading Warner’s name, as for several years, a man by the name of Tony Warner had worked for him for several years doing information technology work.

Fridrich confirms that agents asked him whether or not Warner had paranoia about 5G technology.

Fridrich told the agents that Warner had never spoken to him about that.

But a source close to the federal investigation said that among several different tips and angles, agents are investigating whether or not Warner had paranoia that 5G technology was being used to spy on Americans.

Click on the link for the full article

As much as people complain about posted manifestos, be they written or recorded, being spread online when stuff like this happens... the alternative is worse.  Not knowing why some crazy person committed an act of terror isn’t somehow better than knowing.  It just creates a bigger mystery for people to obsess over, and none of us get any answers.  I want answers!  

What I have instead is maybe it was because he didn’t like 5G.  Unacceptable.

1 hour ago, Destino said:

As much as people complain about posted manifestos, be they written or recorded, being spread online when stuff like this happens... the alternative is worse.  Not knowing why some crazy person committed an act of terror isn’t somehow better than knowing.  It just creates a bigger mystery for people to obsess over, and none of us get any answers.  I want answers!  

What I have instead is maybe it was because he didn’t like 5G.  Unacceptable.

I don't need answers.  I'll leave that to people that actually need to know (mental health researchers, FBI, etc.).  I'm done obsessing over nuts and giving them their 15 minutes encouraging more nuts to follow in their footsteps.

2 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

I don't need answers.  I'll leave that to people that actually need to know (mental health researchers, FBI, etc.).  I'm done obsessing over nuts and giving them their 15 minutes encouraging more nuts to follow in their footsteps.

I feel you, but knowing if this was just one guy verses some kind of scary movement is helpful for my sanity. I have been worried about the radicalization of Trump supporters for a few years now and honestly when this first happened I was just waiting for this to be announced as something related to that. For me having that squashed is going to save me a few hours obsessing over it. 

But I do see your point 

5 hours ago, Llevron said:

I feel you, but knowing if this was just one guy verses some kind of scary movement is helpful for my sanity. I have been worried about the radicalization of Trump supporters for a few years now and honestly when this first happened I was just waiting for this to be announced as something related to that. For me having that squashed is going to save me a few hours obsessing over it. 

But I do see your point 

I don't think its a movement in the conventional sense of the term.  A suicide act is generally driven by hopelessness.  There is a lack of hope for the future and the person begins to "tunnel vision" on death being the only way out.  This tunnel vision, if it cannot be broken by alternatives (e.g. due to isolation), can eventually overcome a persons natural self preservation instinct and they attempt suicide.  This is why its so important to try and get suicidal people to reach out for help and look for alternatives.  So it really takes three things happening in concert: extreme lack of hope, tunnel vision on death as the only alternative, and isolation.  Note that this even applies to suicide bombers, though in those cases the tunnel vision and isolation are somewhat enforced by the organization they are involved with (yes these people tend to be programmed).

I think the right wing media has set the stage of hopelessness for many people.  Its an echo chamber of how there is no hope without Trump and the libs in charge over there.  COVID, in turn, has isolated us all.  So two of the three factors are in play due to propaganda and circumstance.  The last is the tunnel vision, which tends to be an off-shoot of moderate obsessive-compulsive behavior (people with OCD are 10 times more likely to attempt suicide).  So, in short (apologies for the thesis), the environment for an increase in suicides exists...in  particular for those immersed in the extreme right wing with prior mental illness.  That some of these people will commit suicide and try and make their death meaningful, as this person seems to have, is tragic, but not out of the bounds of what could happen.

I think the thing about this that is most confusing is the warning announcement.  Right now my best way to understand it was as this mans last attempt to reach out.  I'm not trying to imbue him with any positive characteristics, mind; what he did was horrible.  Just trying to come to grips with it.

Apologies for the long post...just been thinking a lot about this the last few days.

1 hour ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Well, I was wondering why she was coming at me over a sarcastic post for. I forgot about her close experience with the issue until the last two posts...

I ain’t gonna rake you over the coals for it. And I understand its difficult to remember other people’s issues and stuff like that especially if you don’t know them personally. 

let’s just try and be more tactful yea? Bothered me too for reasons I don’t care to get into but I think we are good. I appreciate you understanding it if no one else does 

There have been reports that he told a girlfriend he had cancer and began giving away possessions, including a car he gave to her.  He also signed over his house to a California woman for zero dollars... a couple more pieces to the puzzle.

And the 5G thing was being explored as a possible motive, but I haven't heard anything concrete about that, so it's mere speculation at this point.

7 hours ago, Llevron said:

But I do see your point 

That goes in the "need to know" column.  If it's a movement, then go ahead and get on the bull-horn to inform us that we need to be aware of this.  If there's something we the public can do to prevent mental health episodes like this from turning deadly, then please get that information out.  If it's a person with mental health issues that mental health experts can learn from and prevent in the future, I don't need to know every detail.  If it's a loner looking for his 15 minutes?  Don't give it to him.

Bomber to neighbor: The world is 'never going to forget me'

It seemed like a friendly chat between neighbors. Only after a bomb exploded in downtown Nashville on Christmas morning could Rick Laude grasp the sinister meaning behind his neighbor’s smiling remark that the city and the rest of the world would never forget him.

Laude told The Associated Press on Monday that he was speechless when he learned that authorities identified his 63-year-old neighbor, Anthony Quinn Warner, as the man suspected of detonating a bomb that killed himself, injured three other people and damaged dozens of buildings.

Laude said he saw Warner standing at his mailbox less than a week before Christmas and pulled over in his car to talk. After asking how Warner’s elderly mother was doing, Laude said he casually asked, “Is Santa going to bring you anything good for Christmas?”

Warner smiled and said, “Oh, yeah, Nashville and the world is never going to forget me,” Laude recalled.

Laude said he didn’t think much of the remark and thought Warner only meant that “something good” was going to happen for him financially.

“Nothing about this guy raised any red flags,” Laude said. “He was just quiet.”

Laude said Warner sometimes did not respond when he and other neighbors waved to him, but said he did not take it personally. “I knew that he was just a recluse,” he said.

Warner left behind clues that suggest he planned the bombing and intended to kill himself, but a clear motive remains elusive.

“We hope to get an answer. Sometimes, it’s just not possible,” David Rausch, the director of the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation, said Monday in an interview on NBC’s “Today” show. “The best way to find motive is to talk to the individual. We will not be able to do that in this case.”

Investigators are analyzing Warner's belongings collected during the investigation, including a computer and a portable storage drive, and continue to interview witnesses as they try to identify a motive for the explosion, a law enforcement official said. A review of his financial transactions also uncovered purchases of potential bomb-making components, the official said.

Warner had recently given away a vehicle and told the person he gave it to that he had been diagnosed with cancer, though it is unclear whether he indeed had cancer, the official said. Investigators used some items collected from the vehicle, including a hat and gloves, to match Warner’s DNA and DNA was taken from one of his family members, the official said.

The official could not discuss the matter publicly and spoke to the AP on condition of anonymity.

Warner also apparently gave away his home in Antioch, a Nashville suburb, to a Los Angeles woman a month before the bombing. A property record dated Nov. 25 indicates Warner transferred the home to the woman in exchange for no money after living there for decades. The woman’s signature is not on that document.

Warner had worked as a computer consultant for Nashville real estate agent Steve Fridrich, who told the AP in a text message that Warner had said he was retiring earlier this month.

Officials said Warner had not been on their radar before Christmas. A law enforcement report released Monday showed that Warner’s only arrest was for a 1978 marijuana-related charge.

“It does appear that the intent was more destruction than death, but again that’s all still speculation at this point as we continue in our investigation with all our partners,” Rausch added.

Biden emphasizes need for 'continuing vigilance' following Nashville bombing

President-elect Joe Biden on Monday emphasized the need for “continuing vigilance” following the Christmas Day bombing in Nashville, Tenn., offering praise for law enforcement and first responders who assisted in the wake of the explosion.

Biden and President Trump were both briefed on the incident on Friday. Biden’s remarks on Monday represented his first verbal comments on the bombing. Trump, who has been at his Mar-a-Lago estate in Palm Beach, Fla., for the holiday, has yet to say anything publicly about the incident.

Archived