Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Vaccine Thread

Cooked Crack

5 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

So is a 3pm tee time after a 12:20 first dose not kosher?  Asking for a friend...

I was Pfizer, and the initial pain went away after a couple hours.  Came back on later, tho. 

I'm still feeling it in the arm, but everything else has stayed away so far.  No nausea, fever, headache...nothing. 

• Like 7

WaPo: Some people are lying to get the vaccine, and it’s testing their friendships

"As soon as she tapped the link, Kristin Thornburg knew something was amiss.

It was earlier this month, and Thornburg, 31, had been strategizing with a friend via text to try to get leftover doses of the coronavirus vaccine. Neither woman was technically eligible yet in the Bay Area, so Thornburg figured the garbage-bound extras were their best hope. Ideally, Thornburg said, they would get on a list to receive a phone call if a local pharmacy or vaccination site had unused doses from no-show appointments."

Vaccine line-cutters, beware: Your friends might judge you - The Washington Post

As the article points out, in Illinois, being a smoker counts as an underlying condition for 1C, which means that anyone can claim they have an underlying condition.  I know way too many that have somehow gotten vaccinated (I'm 40 and in good health, and patiently waited for Phase 2 to start around here).  I am beyond frustrated.  Then again, its really hard to judge as I know people are just looking out for their health.

I honestly don't have a problem with "line cutters" in this situation. Main reason being the large portion of our population that's refusing to get vaccinated.

The vaccines probably should have been made available to all those willing to take it asap. That's basically what's going on here in NC now as smaller counties have made group 5 eligible. 

• Like 2

In CA, local pharmacies are allowing everyone to sign up for the leftover batches... you don't need to meet the qualification.  

Rest of the article is pay-walled... I expect another group to open up in CA by April 1.  I know people who have gotten the shot without needing to show any qualification... I also know people who were looking to get it and I helped them find appointments and the website.  

• Like 2

I have zero problem with healthy people putting in some extra effort to get leftover doses.  I have some issue with people just blatantly lying, but @clietasmakes a good point that, really, getting as many shots in as many arms as possible is the main thing.  Still, it irks me when cheaters win.  

• Like 2

I considered lying or at least "stretching the truth" to justify eligibility but it was only due to the sheer number of people who were eligible that were refusing to get a vaccine which seemed to be creating an artificial delay in future tiers opening up.  In the end I didn't go that route and by the time I scheduled an appointment my tier had opened up.

• Like 2

On 3/23/2021 at 4:03 PM, Darrell Green Fan said:

So people have a different reaction to the vaccine, just as we had a different reaction to the virus. I'm kind of wondering if there is a connection. If you have a bad reaction to the vaccine could that not mean you were at more risk of the coronavirus?  If you felt little or nothing after getting the shots might you be in the group that had mild or no COVID symptoms? 

No, there is literally no correlation at all. The vaccine does not deliver the virus. It is all about your immune system. Here is a pretty good breakdown in cartoon form. Not being a doctor it really helped me understand the entire process in layman's terms. I hope it let me add the .pdf.   If it does not, will take screen shots of all the pages. 

Understanding the Vaccine Comic Book(1).pdf

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

I was going to wait until summer to see if there were any serious problems with the vaccines. I'm 1b. Then Abbott announced that he was thinking about opening Texas 100%. Lucky for me my medical center had me on the list and contacted me and I signed up right away. Second shot is scheduled for tomorrow morning. I haven't heard of any serious problems with the vaccines other than what's been reported. I'm so thankful to get the vaccine now, although I will still wear masks and practice social distancing until Covid is a thing of the past.

• Like 5

50 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I have zero problem with healthy people putting in some extra effort to get leftover doses.  I have some issue with people just blatantly lying, but @clietasmakes a good point that, really, getting as many shots in as many arms as possible is the main thing.  Still, it irks me when cheaters win.  

There are still plenty of eligible people in IL who want the shot and can't get it shot though.  I'm not talking about the "I was at Walgreens at 8pm and they had 10 minutes before the dose went bad" stories.  It's people who work from home (like me), and can be on their computer hitting reload on their browser at noon when things open up and then lie about a pre-existing condition. On the other hand, there are people who interact with the public on a daily basis (bus drivers, electricians, etc.) who don't work in jobs where they can be online every time vaccine appointments go live. Many of them want the vaccine, can't get it and its holding back the state (and the city of Chicago) from going to Phase 2, which is what I'm patiently, like a dope, waiting for.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

No, there is literally no correlation at all. The vaccine does not deliver the virus. It is all about your immune system. Here is a pretty good breakdown in cartoon form. Not being a doctor it really helped me understand the entire process in layman's terms. I hope it let me add the .pdf.   If it does not, will take screen shots of all the pages. 

Understanding the Vaccine Comic Book(1).pdf 6.28 MB · 1 download

Downloaded and opened it successfully! Thanks! 

• Thanks 1

Got the first shot of Moderna about 5 hours ago & so far no side effects. The better half gets her second Pfizer shot tomorrow. She only complained of a sore arm for the first day.

• Like 10

12 minutes ago, TK said:

Got the first shot of Moderna about 5 hours ago & so far no side effects. The better half gets her second Pfizer shot tomorrow. She only complained of a sore arm for the first day.

The second shot can give some fever (reaction by the immune system). Not everyone knows this but just make sure not to take any pain killers until 6 hours after the shot if needed. I got my fever the next day after my second shot of Moderna. That is when I took some advil. It was a mild fever and probably didn't need to take any. It normally takes two days to get over it. 

Edited by zskins
  • Like 3

Mercedes-Benz Stadium opened today for mass vaccination, no appointments necessary, everyone in GA 16+ are now eligible. 

Never thought I'd thank Roger G. for anything, but opening up every NFL stadium is going to help tremendously.  (I have no doubt that Arthur Blank would have done it anyway.)

• Like 5

9 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I suspect a good case study will occur from how the US rolled this out vs other countries. Imo, I think prioritizing shots made a lot of sense..on paper. In reality I do wonder if opening it up to everyone 18+ from the beginning would have had a better effect at curbing the spread. It appears to in some other large countries. 

• Like 2

Krispy Kreme?  Pshaw.

Top strip clubs offer VIP life membership to anyone who gets the Covid vaccine

A string of top US strip clubs are offering free VIP memberships for life to anyone who gets the coronavirus vaccine.

All adults in Tennessee will be eligible for the vaccine from April 5, and Nashville Mayor John Cooper is urging every resident to get jabbed as soon as they can so that life can return to normal.

However scepticism about the vaccine and the pandemic itself is rife throughout the states, likely in no small part thanks to former President Donald Trump's attempts to downplay it during his final year in office.

As an added incentive to get jabbed, a trio of popular adult entertainment venues have decided to sweeten the deal with an unusual offer to the public.

Described as "Nashville's only strip clubs", the World-Famous Deja Vu Showgirls, Larry Flynt's HUSTLER Club and Kings of HUSTLER Male Revue have joined forces to encourage locals to get vaccinated.

Those who accept the Covid jab will be offered a lifetime VIP membership to all three clubs.

A VIP membership for just one of the clubs is valued at more than $3,500.

Click on the link for the full article

• Haha 4