Jump to content
Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Covid Vaccine Thread


Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, purbeast said:

Then they think the vaccines are only made so people can get money and believe that the vaccines will cause cancer in the long run.  Oh and she also said she 100% believes there is a cure for cancer out there and that they simply aren't releasing it because there is no money in it. 


You think they’ll accept this mRNA technology when it can be used to prevent cancer? Because I think mRNA will be used for dozens, maybe hundreds, of treatments in the future. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Jesus ****ing Christ

 

Meet the GOP voters who could decide whether the U.S. reaches herd immunity

 

Quote

Almost one-third of Republicans tell pollsters they ‘definitely won’t’ get vaccinated.

 

While other groups have also been wary about the shots, for instance, communities of color, polling shows that hesitancy has started to wane while GOP resistance to the vaccines remains relatively high. A Kaiser Family Foundation poll released last month found that 28 percent of Republicans said they would “definitely not” get vaccinated, and another 18 percent said they would “wait and see” before getting a shot. As a result, millions of Republicans could remain unvaccinated, a potential roadblock to efforts to achieve the high levels of immunity needed to stop the virus in the United States

 

These ****ing assholes need to be shipped off to some random secluded place where they can all have "MUH FREEDOMS", not wear masks, not get vaccinated, and can give each other COVID and die without ****ing it up for the rest of us.

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

City of Richmond & Henrico County are opening up the 1b group to people with associated illnesses under 65 & food service workers starting today. I've checked most of the pharmacies and their questioning doesn't reflect the changes yet. Hopefully that will change soon so people can make appointments.

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mistertim said:

Almost one-third of Republicans tell pollsters they ‘definitely won’t’ get vaccinated.

 

Hooray for living in an extremely blue area.  Even if 1/3 of Republicans don't get vaccinated, that still means the vaccination level here in Alexandria will be [checks math] 100%. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Evil Genius said:

Fwiw I dont think bragging about never getting the flu shot helps anyone. A lot of people with compromised pulmonary systems don't really have a good choice to avoid it. If everyone got the shot, we could likely cut down the # of yearly cases by 45-50% (which is thr approximate effectiveness of the flu shot each year) and keep those people who can't afford to catch it safer. 

 

But flu shot is not for everyone though. If your immune system is good then you don't need it though. I don't get the flu shot - hence I have never gotten the flu shot. I only get the common cold virus or strep during the flu season (mostly strep though).

 

However, if you know you have a weaker immune system with other underlying problem then YES please take the flu shot. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TheDoyler23 said:


You think they’ll accept this mRNA technology when it can be used to prevent cancer? Because I think mRNA will be used for dozens, maybe hundreds, of treatments in the future. 

Nope.

 

I mean dude, they think the earth is flat.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/6/2021 at 2:42 PM, Koolblue13 said:

RT flights from NYC to the USVI are under $160 right now and you can just walk in and grab a Vax for free, no wait.

 

We didn't get to St Croix but St John is still my favorite place I have ever visited.  Didn't know you were living down there, good for you.

 

So I'm getting frustrated as I read 38 year old "essential workers" who are actually IT guys working from home getting the shot.  I'm 62 and deliver for GrubHub in retirement, I'm surely at more risk than that guy. I guess I can just sign up even though I'm Phase 2 but I'm not like that.  So frustrating to read about all the line jumpers who do not qualify but they can't really check on the qualifications of each person in line. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

 

We didn't get to St Croix but St John is still my favorite place I have ever visited.  Didn't know you were living down there, good for you.

 

So I'm getting frustrated as I read 38 year old "essential workers" who are actually IT guys working from home getting the shot.  I'm 62 and deliver for GrubHub in retirement, I'm surely at more risk than that guy. I guess I can just sign up even though I'm Phase 2 but I'm not like that.  So frustrating to read about all the line jumpers who do not qualify but they can't really check on the qualifications of each person in line. 

Yeah man. Thanks. Almost 10 years now. When I joined this board I worked out side at a junkyard in Pennsyltuky and it was my first computer  :ols: 

 

St Croix has become what STJ was years ago from what I hear. I'm going to be moving my dog sanctuary into an eco camp in the rain forest that my friend just got. Good stuff.

 

I have a vegan cafe in my friends late night bar and the pharmacies would come in on a friday afternoon and they'd open the bar early and we'd "do shots". It could not be easier to get them here. Now UVI is giving them out daily for free.

 

Although we have a lot of the undereducated folks who live in deh bush mon and do whan no tracah sir.

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Yeah man. Thanks. Almost 10 years now. When I joined this board I worked out side at a junkyard in Pennsyltuky and it was my first computer  :ols: 

 

St Croix has become what STJ was years ago from what I hear. I'm going to be moving my dog sanctuary into an eco camp in the rain forest that my friend just got. Good stuff.

 

I have a vegan cafe in my friends late night bar and the pharmacies would come in on a friday afternoon and they'd open the bar early and we'd "do shots". It could not be easier to get them here. Now UVI is giving them out daily for free.

 

Although we have a lot of the undereducated folks who live in deh bush mon and do whan no tracah sir.

 

Well I'm certainly happy for the people down there, that's frankly surprising seeing as we can't get vaccines here in Maryland.

 

So what is life like in a tropical island?  I have read where you can't just order Amazon as UPS does not service many places in the Caribbean.  Internet reliable?  

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

 

Well I'm certainly happy for the people down there, that's frankly surprising seeing as we can't get vaccines here in Maryland.

 

So what is life like in a tropical island?  I have read where you can't just order Amazon as UPS does not service many places in the Caribbean.  Internet reliable?  

You could always fly down for a Vax lol. Lots of people doing that.

 

Internet is okay. We've got the main fiberoptic cables running right past us and are suppose to become a hub. Our electric is trash and expensive though. The Hurricanes didn't help.

 

Life's normal. I order stuff of ebay, etsy and amazon pretty often. Just not that day haha. Kmart has been the main place to shop, but it's closing.

 

Life is simple and slower, but people are closer and nice. No real cops or laws, so you can do what you want which is good and bad as well. 

 

I dig it. 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

JHU has updated their dashboard that shows vaccine distribution.  Nationally, we are at 9.6% vaccinated.  Virginia is at 10.1%.

Fairfax County is now setting up appointments for those who registered on 1/20 while vaccinating 193,878 out of about 1.1M people.

West Virginia is leading the country with 19% vaccinated.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

 

Wow.  Would not have expected this.

They turned weakness into strength. Neighboring Pennsylvania has a strong network of chain pharmacies, so PA-Dept of Health delegated part of distribution to the chain pharmacies (at least initially). So now, we have to go  dig through individual pharmacy websites to scramble for vax.

 

WV, did NOT have a pharmacy network. A lot more independents pharmacies. So they gave it to independent pharmacies but they also went directly to the nursing homes and got a lot done quickly. PA has sped up it's processes now too. I think we are humming along.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

WV also has a state population of about 1.7 million. Meaning they've given out about 310,000-320,000 shots so far. While surprising, other states are averaging that total amount now per day. 

Edited by The Evil Genius
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

You could always fly down for a Vax lol. Lots of people doing that.

 

Life is simple and slower, but people are closer and nice. No real cops or laws, so you can do what you want which is good and bad as well. 

 

I dig it. 

Island life is the best.  I know this to be true. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

You could always fly down for a Vax lol. Lots of people doing that.

 

Internet is okay. We've got the main fiberoptic cables running right past us and are suppose to become a hub. Our electric is trash and expensive though. The Hurricanes didn't help.

 

Life's normal. I order stuff of ebay, etsy and amazon pretty often. Just not that day haha. Kmart has been the main place to shop, but it's closing.

 

Life is simple and slower, but people are closer and nice. No real cops or laws, so you can do what you want which is good and bad as well. 

 

I dig it. 

 

Wife and I don't like the idea of getting on a plane. Oh the irony to contract COVID in route to a vaccine.  But this is a good summary of island life. No law?  That would be weird.  Sorry about the Kmart, what will the people do?  

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

 

Wife and I don't like the idea of getting on a plane. Oh the irony to contract COVID in route to a vaccine.  But this is a good summary of island life. No law?  That would be weird.  Sorry about the Kmart, what will the people do?  

 

 

Got me. There are a couple super dollar stores (nothing is a dollar lol) around. You can order on line pretty easy. 

 

Life is mostly similar to the states, but no real bull****.

 

No law, you can drink and drive. There's drugs and guns and murder is 10x higher than the worst part of the states and people liter and **** like that, but no speed limit, no fear of getting pulled over, no petty crap.

 

It's simple life and you're on your own mostly if that makes sense.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

Got me. There are a couple super dollar stores (nothing is a dollar lol) around. You can order on line pretty easy. 

 

Life is mostly similar to the states, but no real bull****.

 

No law, you can drink and drive. There's drugs and guns and murder is 10x higher than the worst part of the states and people liter and **** like that, but no speed limit, no fear of getting pulled over, no petty crap.

 

It's simple life and you're on your own mostly if that makes sense.

 

Yeah that would be my concern, no law enforcement would logically lead to more crime. Yet it's pretty safe right?  St John and St Thomas certainly felt that way. Do tourists actually travel with weed through security or do they simply ask around and are easily hooked up? 


I love the Caribbean. I've traveled a lot and that clear blue water is still the most beautiful thing on Earth IMO.  I actually kicked around the idea of moving there in retirement but we need great medical care so I need to stay stateside. 

Edited by Darrell Green Fan
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/6/2021 at 2:42 PM, Koolblue13 said:

RT flights from NYC to the USVI are under $160 right now and you can just walk in and grab a Vax for free, no wait.

If work didn't require a quarantine, I'd be all over that.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

 

Yeah that would be my concern, no law enforcement would logically lead to more crime. Yet it's pretty safe right?  St John and St Thomas certainly felt that way. Do tourists actually travel with weed through security or do they simply ask around and are easily hooked up? 


I love the Caribbean. I've traveled a lot and that clear blue water is still the most beautiful thing on Earth IMO.  I actually kicked around the idea of moving there in retirement but we need great medical care so I need to stay stateside. 

It's a very close personal community, so crime isn't always an issue. It's all who you are and who you know. 

 

Tourists ask and I just say "don't go down an alley to buy crack" :ols:

 

There's a ton of weed and coke and guns. It is the Caribbean and all. That comes in all sorts of ways. We have the strictest gun laws in America, but that makes it worse.

 

Still, it is totally safe.

 

Yeah, the water is as clear as Vodka and always pretty warm. I grew up going to the Jersey Shore and tubing in the Delaware, now I can see perfectly clear 40 feet deep  :ols:

 

Most beautiful beaches anywhere and hardly ever people on them. Just be driving home and say "what the hell" and jump in for a few minutes on your way home from work.

 

It's good living, but yeah, no real hospital.

4 minutes ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

If work didn't require a quarantine, I'd be all over that.

That's too bad.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/8/2021 at 9:19 AM, mistertim said:

Jesus ****ing Christ

 

Meet the GOP voters who could decide whether the U.S. reaches herd immunity

 

 

These ****ing assholes need to be shipped off to some random secluded place where they can all have "MUH FREEDOMS", not wear masks, not get vaccinated, and can give each other COVID and die without ****ing it up for the rest of us.

I feel the same way about the assholes who are letting undocumented immigrants flood into the country in spite of being the positive COVID tests.  My fear is that any progress made fighting this pandemic will be short-lived by this dangerous policy.   I stay on the sidelines for 99.9% of the political BS, but the open borders in the South, scares the BeJesus out of me.  

Edited by Skinsfan1311
Link to post
Share on other sites

No K-mart in U.S.V.I.?  Darn, I won't know where to by liquor the next time I an in St. Thomas.  Seriously, where will the locals buy it now?  It's not like they will want to pay the tourist prices.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

It's a very close personal community, so crime isn't always an issue. It's all who you are and who you know. 

 

Tourists ask and I just say "don't go down an alley to buy crack" :ols:

 

There's a ton of weed and coke and guns. It is the Caribbean and all. That comes in all sorts of ways. We have the strictest gun laws in America, but that makes it worse.

 

Still, it is totally safe.

 

Yeah, the water is as clear as Vodka and always pretty warm. I grew up going to the Jersey Shore and tubing in the Delaware, now I can see perfectly clear 40 feet deep  :ols:

 

Most beautiful beaches anywhere and hardly ever people on them. Just be driving home and say "what the hell" and jump in for a few minutes on your way home from work.

 

It's good living, but yeah, no real hospital.

That's too bad.

It's more Fran, than me.   I can work remotely, but she cannot and has precious little vacation time.    I have ****-tons of time, and can certainly afford it.   

 

The main issue is that, when I expressed the desire to go to the Caribbean without her, it was stricken down with extreme prejudice😅     I miss the blue water, the soft sand, the gentle breezes and the island vibe....

Edited by Skinsfan1311
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...